Some guy sold me stolen stuff

I did not know it was stolen first.. but then later I found out..

I wanted to buy it from him because I thought he really needs money.. which he may of..

I said to him you can keep the money because he may be poor.. I did not insist he give me my money back when I saw him again and it would of been too late anyway.. he used some or all of the money I gave to him already before I saw him another time..
Also If I gave him back what he sold to me he might try to sell it again to someone else

It seems he stole some stuff from a certain store I know of but im not sure what particular suburb.. because there is more than one shop for a certain business (?)

I dont know if I should return it to the store he stole it off or to throw the stolen stuff in the bin... afraid first ripping (?) it to pieces.. so I do not become accused of stealing some stuff.

Did I do something wrong apart from buying the stolen items? What should I or could I have done? insisted on my money back? rang the police?

Comments

• well i dont know which country you are from but where iam from it is a crime to have stolen goods in your custody and can be punishable by gaol sentence.

the best thing to do is to first get some legal advice about the property and about the duty to repoert such an offence they might tell you to hand it into police or maybe get rid of the property. u dont want to be implicated into the crime.

just interested to know how u knew it was stolen???

kristina123
  • [quote author=JesusisKingofKings link=board=1;threadid=4330;start=0#msg59511 date=1156490635]
    I did not know it was stolen first.. but then later I found out..

I wanted to buy it from him because I thought he really needs money.. which he may of..

I said to him you can keep the money because he may be poor.. I did not insist he give me my money back when I saw him again and it would of been too late anyway.. he used some or all of the money I gave to him already before I saw him another time..
    Also If I gave him back what he sold to me he might try to sell it again to someone else

It seems he stole some stuff from a certain store I know of but im not sure what particular suburb.. because there is more than one shop for a certain business (?)

I dont know if I should return it to the store he stole it off or to throw the stolen stuff in the bin... afraid first ripping (?) it to pieces.. so I do not become accused of stealing some stuff.

Did I do something wrong apart from buying the stolen items? What should I or could I have done? insisted on my money back? rang the police?

well, you didn't really do anything wrong as a sin. but it just you shouldn't of bought anything from him. because that way if every one does that, they might just stop stealing stuff and than selling them to others
  • imma say and analagy ..and hope u understand..
    when there are ppl in the streets that are begging, u donot give them money but u give them a voucher for food, or Advice..

that is the best help ever...so we must be wise with what we do and give..

• u didn't do anything wrong
    and the choise is up to you, you can either through it way. destory it! but don't give it back to the store cuz then they will think you stole it and you can get in alot of trouble for that! and if u did call the police then you are just getting this guy in trouble! and it is not to us to judge anyone! but be careful next time don't buy anything from ppl on the street!
    god be with u
    pary for me
    mira
  • just take it as a lesson learned. If you really feel something is wrong take it to the police. I am not the judge to say there is no sin on your shoulders because of this, but from what you have made known, you are guiltless.
    Forgive Me
    Yours in Christ