fashion in the church

2»

Comments

• well only a couple of weeks left till easter or the coptic orthodox fashion show...lol...
    lets pray its not going to be like that we get enough fashion at work and in the streets!!
  • jan711, its like a good time to celebrate. i dont think people try to make it that way. really they dont. i think that it just turns out like that when everybody tries to look nice. no offense, but it's not a big deal if everyone is looking nice. i think its better than looking bad. im not trying to be mean. i understand ur point, but I don't think people necessarily do it on purpose.

and i agree, this is a good topic so lets stick with it.

love lots,
    CopticChica21
  • wow this topic is still going?? i think everyone is making this into way bigger than it already is
  • [sub]i kinda agree with nene. its not that big of a deal if people like to dress up. its just the way they tend to celebrate. i mean i love this topic, it makes sense and all but after a bit of explanation its just up to pople how they wanna celebrate. just my opinion.

love lots,
    CopticChica21[/sub]
  • sebek enty... enty bent 7alal ya jana711!! :D dah ana mooty w'semy 7ekayet el lebs wel sheyaka wel make-up w'mesh 3aref eh.... :( danah kol Easter bashoof el nas, ESPECIALLY el sitat metzawa2a beshakl... baftas 3ala roo7y min el de7k!! ;D ;D ;D ely 3amlah sha3raha mozambeleet, wely 7ata azra2 fee 3eneiha (ka2en 7ad khabateha bel bonyah fee weshaha ;D), wely 7ata 7ala2 hena, wely labsa shawl 7areer 3alah ketfahah, wely 7atah fur min noo3 mo3ayan (mate3rafeesh dah ma3mool fenah 7itah, fee amreeca wala zimbabwe).... ka2eny belzabt dakhalt ma7al le3eb 3arayes... ;D ::) ;D

wala el perfumes... YOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH!! ::) dah 3awezloh thread l'wa7doh... el rawaye7 ba2a... deh 7ata re7et el khokh, w'sit (lady) 7ata re7et el farawalah, w'wa7dah tanyah rashah genenah, w'deh rashah 7aga kidah zay el bug spray. ewwwff!! w'ma7sobtek 3andaha allergies!! ;) w'shoofy ba2a beye7saly eh... ba3atas yegy 10 marat motawasel fel sanya, w'a23ood ad3ak fee 3einy la7ad ama tetfartek khales, w'anef w'atef, w'3einy tedama3 w'geldy yet2ashar... :'(

thus, bona2an 3ala kidah, i've declared el 7arb on accessorizing and dressing up for Easter!! ;D >:( ;D
    i just wear something suitable for the occassion. la make-up wala formet sha3r wala el 7agat el habla deh... balash 2albet demagh!! ;D ana a7eb akoun relaxed w'comfortable fee lebsy wherever i go... easy come easy go 8) ;D

salam :)
  • [quote author=nene107 link=board=13;threadid=3487;start=0#msg51455 date=1143731982]
    Well, i think i would have to say that its not so bad as i remember it being when i was younger. I remember girls going out weeks and months in advance to find the perfect outfit, they used to go get updo's and fancy stuff done to their hair, rather now its more laid back... still dressy and pretty but its not so much of a big deal anymore.

I dont know what its like in Australia though.. i would have never guessed that lol. Btw, how many churches are there?

sorry imma a little bit late but there are about 15 churches in sydney ...actually make that new soyth wales alone im not sure about outside new south wales but i wouldnt imagine that it would be in thsi number.
  • hay just to correct that. there are 17 in sydney alone... bout 5 or 7 in melb... 3 in qld. anyway i think u got the point...

yooooohhhh in sydney yalahwi a3la el manazer... they r so dedly i dont think even going to the street even deserves that type of clothes. at my church on easter nyt just wanted to cry because of wat ppl were wearing it was appaling do u no wat wanting to vomit means... i not being young or old never choose my ead clothes its always my mum and i say ye or no i dont htink ive ever picked sumthing out but seriously i dont get y ppl just push themselves over the line... from self experience bishoy... i gess its lyk a magnet for the eyes of the guys which isnt really nyc bcoz we r all bros and sis' in our church... for those that dun even no wats suitable or not just think of it if u died wearing those clothes would God like it? if God visited u suddenly wood u b ashamed of wearing the clothes u wear? i dunno wat goes throo pplz esp gals minds anymore... and those that cum with mini shorts and mini skirts and basically nothing on the top and those with the earings that can fit around someones hips and blue and the green and the black and i can go on forever... is this a nyc way to meet a king? that died for YOU? i dont think so! but i gess ull hav no problem with looking at ppls clothes during the mass if u dont want to... its not a compulsory thing that ur born with to stare at ppls clothes during the mass... its called sitting in the front row... cant do that... close ur eyes... if not thats wat an ushurb is for... pull it up so u can only look in front of u and not sideways... but seriously i dont understand wat goes on in ppls minds... just to think of the way that ppl dressed at my church on easter nyt purely makes u want to vomit... and i dont think God woodve been happy at all... come on gals pik up the act and stop being stumbling bloks

+FROG+
  • i go 2 the same church as nerd and i can honestly say i agree 150% lol
  • let's not judge

looking good doesn't have to be something bad if we try not to make it look bad...I might be a horrible person from the inside and look all Holy outside...or I might be looking good from outside and be a horrible person inside and vice versa.

We are judging by the cover of the book...and that's never a good way to know a person.
  • i dont know what fashion show ur talking about in my church 90% of girls where the most unmatching colors ever and very ugly clothes...mabyfhamoosh fe el zo2..i think people should wear their best when they go see Jesus...
  • i am not trying to judge or not im sorry if i offended anyone... but seriously marianne think about it if you are a person thats respectable or watever and u say they wear bad clothes and good in the inside... if u were respectable and watever wood u even dare to put that stuf on? of corse not... wat u wear tells u wat kind of a person u r....

FROG
  • I get your point...that your clothes reflect who you are...but still it's not all who you are. I mean I totaly don't like it when someone come to church with inappropriate clothes...but I still like fashion..and there is a different with wearing fashionable clothes and wearing inapporpriate clothes. Like we shouldn't be all over people who are trying to dress nice...but what we shouldn't like is people who were things that are inappropriate...

lol i think i just contradicted myself...but you know what i mean.
  • [quote author=filobateer link=board=13;threadid=3487;start=30#msg52582 date=1144986490]
    sebek enty... enty bent 7alal ya jana711!! :D dah ana mooty w'semy 7ekayet el lebs wel sheyaka wel make-up w'mesh 3aref eh.... :( danah kol Easter bashoof el nas, ESPECIALLY el sitat metzawa2a beshakl... baftas 3ala roo7y min el de7k!! ;D ;D ;D ely 3amlah sha3raha mozambeleet, wely 7ata azra2 fee 3eneiha (ka2en 7ad khabateha bel bonyah fee weshaha ;D), wely 7ata 7ala2 hena, wely labsa shawl 7areer 3alah ketfahah, wely 7atah fur min noo3 mo3ayan (mate3rafeesh dah ma3mool fenah 7itah, fee amreeca wala zimbabwe).... ka2eny belzabt dakhalt ma7al le3eb 3arayes... ;D ::) ;D

wala el perfumes... YOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH!! ::) dah 3awezloh thread l'wa7doh... el rawaye7 ba2a... deh 7ata re7et el khokh, w'sit (lady) 7ata re7et el farawalah, w'wa7dah tanyah rashah genenah, w'deh rashah 7aga kidah zay el bug spray. ewwwff!! w'ma7sobtek 3andaha allergies!! ;) w'shoofy ba2a beye7saly eh... ba3atas yegy 10 marat motawasel fel sanya, w'a23ood ad3ak fee 3einy la7ad ama tetfartek khales, w'anef w'atef, w'3einy tedama3 w'geldy yet2ashar... :'(

thus, bona2an 3ala kidah, i've declared el 7arb on accessorizing and dressing up for Easter!! ;D >:( ;D
    i just wear something suitable for the occassion. la make-up wala formet sha3r wala el 7agat el habla deh... balash 2albet demagh!! ;D ana a7eb akoun relaxed w'comfortable fee lebsy wherever i go... easy come easy go 8) ;D

salam :)

OMGGG..dude, u cracked me up but i amm not even gonna finish reading it becasue i am in school and i don't want people to laugh at me like i am stupid but anyways about the fashion show part, us girls just try to look our best! but this easter was alittle bit TOO MUCH..i don't wanna judge anyone but we don't wanna forget we are still going to the house of god and we have to respect it, and the 3eeeeeed doesn't mean NOT respect the house of god..as my mom says everytime we go to buy 3eed clothes everything have to be limited because if u wear something thats too much ur causeing people to sin looking at you in a bad way that you wouldn't like to be looked at that way.

GBU
    sandra
  • guys... easter, is ... OVER...

lol
  • haha. yah. oh well its not that ibgga deal. i like what marianne said. some people just like looking nice and u cannot judje them

love lots,
    CopticChica21
  • [quote author=nene107 link=board=13;threadid=3487;start=30#msg53255 date=1146070152]
    guys... easter, is ... OVER...

lol

lol..well its coming again one day!

GBU
    sandra
  • [sub][tt]are you sure it's one day? lol, i think it's one year but i dont think that it's someting to be obsessing about and i don't think its like a big deal all the time.

love lots,
    CopticChica21[/tt][/sub]
  • it is for some people sometimes..

GBU
    sandra
  • guys... easter, is ... OVER...

lol

lol..well its coming again one day!

GBU
    sandra
    lol how hopeful r u i didnt know u were that motafa2la loooool

hey that topic was so exciting to be read all in 1 go after everyone stopped writing (yes tell me bel shefa lol)

but wow last christmas (yes a long long time ago ma3lesh ma3lesh i didnt mean to remind u) i went to a different church which was near my aunt when we went to spend christmas thr and i was like (mouth hung open tool el odas) and in my mind 'woooooow these people r straaaaaaaaaange' as i was not used to a big church cos mine is quite small.

but it was a big big show, apart from i was sleepy n didnt get to see it all but it's like too much n specially young ladies playing with their silky smooth hair all the time i thought if i went to sit at the back so no1 wd just keep starring i'd just keep looking at every1 n will neva get to concentrate n so i ended up standing in the middle lol.......

• Yea I do agree with you jana711. We come to church to pray and actually learn about God. Some people want to come to church lookin nice for other people annd thats kinda stupid...so you souldnt really worry about what you wear.....
  • it is easter, we r supposed to be happy, but we should also respect the church
  • hahahaha how funny are you superman!!! (btw superman rocks)
    but guys i think its nice to dress up but u must remember where your at!! no point drawing toomuch attention to yourself... humble yourself.

• i hate that!
    u never saw my church
    girls there are snops
    tight cloth and short skirts and alot alot of skin shown! it is like they forgot that they need to have respect for god!
    >:( :-X it is horriable! it is like a model fashion show!
    pray for me
    GBWU all
    mira
  • I agree

Amen
  • lolzz ya some people in my church it looks like the day after easter they start planning what they r gonna wear for the upcoming one lollll and i totally agree with jesus is with u i think thats the sn lol
  • lol yes..bu i THINK that the older we get..or at least i get..

the image of looken HEAPSSSSSSS good on the 3eed day is slowly going away...

i think its maturity really!!
  • I dont think it's wrong to dress up...afterall the church even changes the curtains on the alter to a white colour (as opposed to the regular red material) because it symbolizes our joy and happiness in attaining salvation! So i'd assume dressing up is okay as long as you keeep it appropriate and modest ...causing no one else to sin.
  • i think its ok if ur wearing respectful clothes for the right occation, and if u dont show off.
  • but hey i want to know, when did christians start wearing new clothes at christmas n easter? cos it is definitely a tradition isnt it?