coptic songs not hymns.....

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
hi guys,
does anyone have coptic songs ?
i have 5 or 6 by boulis malak but i would love to hear others,and the songs on this site under coptic category are hymns not songs, ....... so plz if u have any mail them......
thx
:D

Comments

• [quote author=shnoda link=board=2;threadid=4267;start=0#msg58903 date=1155284936]
    hi guys,
    does anyone have coptic songs ?
    i have 5 or 6 by boulis malak but i would love to hear others,and the songs on this site under coptic category are hymns not songs, ....... so plz if u have any mail them......
    thx
    :D

what do u mean coptic songs. and you said there is 5 or 6 for boles malak, where?
  • is it like O kirios stuff? no idea ???
  • i don`t consider O kirios a song,it is more like a hymn.i meant songs written in coptic,like "O Seeker to meet Jesus" or " ya saeh l leka yasoo3".i have it in coptic " pi ana koritis ".the 5 or 6 songs i said i have are by Boulis Malak.i recorded them from a tape,so i was hoping that anyone might have other songs.....
  • ahhha wow i never knew O seeker to meet Jesus was coptic omg how/where do they get the text and the tune from?
  • it is not coptic.it was translated from arabic to coptic and recorded by Boulis Malak,just as it was translated to english "o seeker to meet jesus"....... ;)
  • wow, but i heard that no-one really knows that much coptic to translate a whole paragraph of text..
  • hehe....who told u so !!! as i know that some families (very little but still found ) use the coptic language at home as some egyptian families living in europe and USA use arabic at home.and ofcourse many people know coptic very well to translate even books.anba rafael for example reads the bible in coptic and he says that it is much easier and more understood than arabic... :D :D :D
    i hope to be that good one day :-\
    if u would like to hear a song or 2 i would like to send it to u
  • WOW THEY USE COPTIC AS A LANGUAGE!! tell me how it sounds mhnc aiight!!
  • [quote author=why link=board=2;threadid=4267;start=0#msg58957 date=1155476432]
    tell me how it sounds mhnc aiight!!

i don`t understand the last 2 words .... :-\ :(
  • aiight is alright? :-[ and ,hmc is her name mnc_hmm...sorry im a bit lazy
  • Does any1 have this one > "shepherd of my soul" < ...the words go like ...shepherd of my soul..i give you full control..wherever you may lead i will follow..i have made my choice to listen to your voice .................................I want this song i want it anyhow :'(
  • nigelfern,
    is this the one u r looking for...

http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?g=Songs/English/Shepherd_of_My_Soul/track02.mp3

[quote author=why link=board=2;threadid=4267;start=0#msg58975 date=1155536008]
    aiight is alright? :-[ and ,hmc is her name mnc_hmm...sorry im a bit lazy

oh it is my fault,i should have figured it out :-\
    sorry for that...
  • hi Shnoda,
    i sent u 3 songs by mo`llem zaher.2 for christmas and one for easter.hope u like them.they are in coptic and arabic .........
    c u my friend :D :D :D
  • thx alot betengana,they r awesome .......... :-* :-*
    :D :D :D :D
  • [quote author=shnoda link=board=2;threadid=4267;start=0#msg58940 date=1155419554]
    it is not coptic.it was translated from arabic to coptic and recorded by Boulis Malak,just as it was translated to english "o seeker to meet jesus"....... ;)

would you please may be upload one of them. i think there should be enough space to attch.
  • here is " ya sae7 l leka yasoo3 "
    he sings it in coptic and arabic .........

http://www7.rapidupload.com/d.php?file=dl&filepath=14487
  • tell which tape have these songs so i can get it.
  • it is called "na3`amat keptia " (coptic tunes )....
    i guess u like it....if u want i can send u all the songs.... :D
  • well i didn't exactly hear it because i am at work but i know for a fact that his voice is nice. but if you can upload them and than send me the links on my email ([email protected]), i would appretiate it. thanks shnoda .
  • welcome mina .... :)

hey guys,don`t u have any other coptic songs..... :(
  • [quote author=shnoda link=board=2;threadid=4267;start=0#msg58984 date=1155550086]
    nigelfern,
    is this the one u r looking for...

http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?g=Songs/English/Shepherd_of_My_Soul/track02.mp3

[quote author=why link=board=2;threadid=4267;start=0#msg58975 date=1155536008]
    aiight is alright? :-[ and ,hmc is her name mnc_hmm...sorry im a bit lazy

Shnoda that link doesent work... :'( :'(..i want that song ..really ..please please please please please :'( :'( :'(

oh it is my fault,i should have figured it out :-\
    sorry for that...
  • ok nigelfern,
    first go to Tasbeha.org :)
    log in,then go to Media --- Songs --- english --- Coptic Hymns and Spiritual Songs 1 ---- it is the third one
  • oh sorry nigelfern,
    i mixed the songs :(:(:(:(:( .u want the sepherd of my soul,ok
    go to Media --- songs --- english --- the third album "Shepherd of My Soul"
    u will find the song inside it ....
    hope this is the one ...
  • hi shonda,
    how r u ? hope everything is good.i have about 7 coptic songs by cantor zaher.i can send them to u if u wish,just tell me when u will b on line....

:)
    pray for me
  • [quote author=monmonmon link=board=2;threadid=4267;start=15#msg59100 date=1155853835]
    hi shonda,
    how r u ? hope everything is good.i have about 7 coptic songs by cantor zaher.i can send them to u if u wish,just tell me when u will b on line....

:)
    pray for me

me to , me too ;D. thank you
  • hi minagir,
    i uploaded them before and sent the links but they didn`t work :( ,so plz tell me when i can find u online and i will send u all they songs i have :) :D ;D
  • who told u that some families still talk coptic nowadays??? just like references i mean?

i think coptic cant be any1's first lang. cos who's he gonna talk to? like i mean in schools, shops.........
  • i know a servant called Mouris who teaches coptic language at the "eklerekia" here in alexandria.i heared that he speaks coptic fluently,and uses it at home with his family ( they r as good as himself :))
    and as i know ,many coptics here who love coptic language try to use it with each other as much as they can,like saying :
    - aripamevi khen pek eshlil (remember me in ur prayers)
    - shani rombi nem bi eshlil ( i don`t know how to translate it in eglish but it is like have long life praying ,te3esh we tesaly "in arabic" )

and many sentences like this.we also have alot of centers in churches to teach coptic language .....
  • and now some people r traslating arabic songs to coptic.this will enhance the coptic langauge ofcourse