God the old and new.

I have a quick question.

How come god is so diffrent in the old testement and the new?

Comments

• Just to briefly answer your question... to my knowledge (correct me if I'm mistaken) God treated the people in the Old Testament the only way they could hear.

Imagine all of humanity as a single person, when that person is born the parent (God) isn't going to start talking to it as an adult. He's not going to use long sentences and complicated words; rather, He'll use the only thing the baby can comprehend: "goo goo, ga ga." :)

Anyway, the point is that at that time in history, people were unable to communicate the way we can now. What we view as excessively harsh actions by God in the O.T. is the result of the obduracy and stubbornness of the people in the O.T. For example, to stress the fact that He is the one and only God, the Lord went so far as to say that He is the source of all evil (sorry can't remember where.) As we all know, that's impossible seeing as how God is pure and evil is merely the absence of good.

Hope that helped. GBU
  • God never changed; man's perception of Him was simply progressively illumined. Justice was revealed as Mercy, Venegeance as Compassion, and Wrath as Love.
  • thanks for learing that up. and also im nt suer but i think its in the old testenmt but what does god mean when he says. "I am a jelous GOd"
  • [quote author=Heavenly_note link=board=4;threadid=4250;start=0#msg58872 date=1155235601]
    thanks for learing that up. and also im nt suer but i think its in the old testenmt but what does god mean when he says. "I am a jelous GOd"

well it means that he always wants you. no one should take you from Him becase he is The One who created you and kept you tell this day. also not only that but he also gave you free will to do what ever you want. and you should always choose Him because it's the right way. there those who chose the wrong way and during that time, 1/3 of the heavenly failed.

*(when i say you i mean human in general), just to be on the safe side :)