intro to the Defnar

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
hi guys,
i was wondering if any one can send me links to the complete intro of the defnar in both adam and batos tunes.and if there is a sample recording for reading the defnar in coptic by both tunes that would be great...
thx ;D ;D

Comments

• Hey I don't know the link or anything, it's rare when people say that, at least in my church, but anyway I just wanted to say nice name haha.
  • what's defnar?
  • ull get a anwser forshure if u post this on coptichymns.net
  • [quote author=cop link=board=2;threadid=4201;start=0#msg58420 date=1154382109]
    ull get a anwser forshure if u post this on coptichymns.net

well, why not answer yourself cop.

The difnar is exactly as the senexer but used in the midnight tasbeha. also it doesn't give details about the saint, it mostly just praises for what he/she did. BUT the difnar is not always right. it was never reviewed and it does in fact have a lot of dogmatic mistakes.
  • the hcocc recorded it on their tasbeha cd's but it is only im guisin adam but i have never seen it all like in a book except for in arabic
  • The adam intro is here:
    Difnar Adam Intro

and the intro for the watos:
    The Fasting SHerat
    at 27:29.

and an example of it:
    Exposition* of the Second Sunday of Lent

Exsposition is said instead of the Difnar in Seasons. But it is in fact the same tune. Also this tune is the long one.

There is a shorter version of what you heared up here (watos & Adam). the shorter version Applys for both adam and watos instead of having 1 tune for every single one.
  • the HCOC also recorded it on their vesper praise, the watos intro
  • thx alot guys,
    but is there any other tunes like for palm sunday,feasts & kiahk month ?
    another thing,there is a third part in the intro of the defnar that i have never heared.i think it begins with " O on ohelpis intan ".is there any records for it ?
  • is that difnar being used then these days? cos if it has mistakes i think it shouldn't???
  • [quote author=betengana link=board=2;threadid=4201;start=0#msg58442 date=1154414913]
    thx alot guys,
    but is there any other tunes like for palm sunday,feasts & kiahk month ?
    another thing,there is a third part in the intro of the defnar that i have never heared.i think it begins with " O on ohelpis intan ".is there any records for it ?

well there is two more. the Festive tune which is said in the feasts. The only one recorded is the one for easter and the 50 days, [coptic]({iouwini)[/coptic]. and i think only Cantor Tawfik and Faheem records it. Am not sure if it's on tasbeha.org.

The other tune is like you said, Oo-on oo-helpeace. and it's not part of the difnar, it's An exposition because this is the exposition of St. Mary's Fast.
    here is it for:

HICS
    The Intro

Oon Ohelpis

And Also Wagdi Bishara:

Exposition
  • [quote author=mnc_hnn link=board=2;threadid=4201;start=0#msg58476 date=1154458542]
    is that difnar being used then these days? cos if it has mistakes i think it shouldn't???

most of the churchs do use it. and when i said mistake, not really big mistake and not all the time there any. i may be only rember when it said that the sheropim and the seraphim kneel to st.Mary. but it's not that big. also it's not used all the time. mostly on sunday tasbeha only.