Learning Coptic

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Can anyone tell me if there's a site that teaches you how to speak Coptic? Like vocabulary and congugating verbs and stuff like that.

Comments

• hey

im form Australia and there is a book sold here called "so you want to learn Coptic" its meant to be great (i think, i got through only the first chapter though) it has excercises and stuff like that!!

so you should try to get a copy.

Kristina123
  • www.coptickid.com helps.

I think really the only good way to learn coptic is to ask someone at yor church to teach. Thats what i did and learned it very fast.
  • I recomend this link to learn Coptic online:

http://mycopticchurch.com/coptic/coptic.asp

It contains three very easy Lessons. It also includes audio of how each letter sounds and how it is pronounced. I learned it in less than a day.

Please forgive me and pray for me,

Godhelpme3691
  • [quote author=shybox link=board=1;threadid=4057;start=0#msg56864 date=1151332137]

I think really the only good way to learn coptic is to ask someone at yor church to teach. Thats what i did and learned it very fast.

Agreed. I tried learning a little through the internet, but really, the best way you can do it is by asking a friend, because they can usually share their weird tricks to remember how to pronounce certain letters. Also, at my church, they taught coptic to the faith group, the group of kids going to St. Anthony's monastery, and the prepare-to serve class. I'm in all three groups, so I got the lesson three times ;D, which helped. See if they offer something like that at your church

I'm still not fluent at Coptic, but I'm learning through attending TASBEHA! (It really helps) and practice as much as possible, and never reject help from friends!

Cheers and God Bless,

Katherine
  • http://www.stshenouda.com/coptlang.htm

this is the website of my teacher; if you want to understand coptic, not just read it, this is for you!