need help

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii everybody. I am new here. I am here because i have a question. its embarising so please people donot make fun. i thought alot about asking and i was not going to.. but i want an answar. ???
okay i have been doing some sin and i didnot know that it is a sin untill i read about it. i still do it because it takes along time to stop something but i am trying and please pray for me.
the sin is mastur****** (u know what i mean) so my questioon is if i do that am i still a virgin since i have never been with anyone or i lost it wiiith myself????? sory again

Comments

• thought alot about asking and i was not going to.. but i want an answar.
    okay i have been doing some sin and i didnot know that it is a sin untill i read about it. i still do it because it takes along time to stop something but i am trying and please pray for me.
    the sin is mastur****** (u know what i mean) so my questioon is if i do that am i still a virgin since i have never been with anyone or i lost it wiiith myself????? sory again

I do not think that masturbation causes loss of virginity, however I will try and find an answer from someone more knowledgeable than myself when I can
  • [quote author=thesecondone link=board=10;threadid=4051;start=0#msg56730 date=1151052477]
    hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii everybody. I am new here. I am here because i have a question. its embarising so please people donot make fun. i thought alot about asking and i was not going to.. but i want an answar. ???

http://www.orthodoxinfo.com/praxis/selfabuse.aspx

This article is good. Also, there is a prayer rule for purity on the same site - I read through it, looks like it could help you - it has a very good prayer by St Basil the Great.

http://www.orthodoxinfo.com/praxis/purityrule.aspx

I do not think you have lost your virginity - but that doesn't mean its not a sin. It is good that you've realised your mistake, but you must focus very hard on stopping now before it gets out of hand.
  • i'm 75% sure, becuz I'm a kid. I don't think masturbation is wrong if u do it to the person you are married to. It is a sin if you commit adultery (to commit masturbation). However, you must do it to one person ONLY (your spouse) in the Orthodox religion.

Non-virginity is NOT wrong. However, virginity is pure. Non-virgint is sometimes a good thing, becuz it gives birth to Christian children.

I hope this helps.
  • [quote author=St Cyril VI's Son link=board=10;threadid=4051;start=0#msg56758 date=1151151477]

Non-virginity is NOT wrong. However, virginity is pure. Non-virgint is sometimes a good thing, becuz it gives birth to Christian children.

WHAT THE HECK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! ??? :o since wen was not being a virgin a good thing and wat the heck was the last sentence about????!?!?!?!

+FROG+
  • [quote author=St Cyril VI's Son link=board=10;threadid=4051;start=0#msg56758 date=1151151477]
    I don't think masturbation is wrong if u do it to the person you are married to. It is a sin if you commit adultery (to commit masturbation). However, you must do it to one person ONLY (your spouse) in the Orthodox religion.

the only intercourse between a married couple in the coptic orthodox church is the 'normal' way our church is against anus, oral etc. so doesn't masturbation fall under that category??

correct me if im wrong... but i know that in christianity itself only between married couple
  • You can lose your virgnity through masturbation, if you tear your hymen (if you bled a little). But also, there is no way to tell for sure if a person was a virgin or not (on the basis of bleeding), because not all women tear their hymen the first time they have sex, because it may be too elastic, and some partially tear it (and there is no bleeding). Anyways, just concentrate on your relationship with God, because that is the most important thing in this world, don't let any sin make you lose Him, because it is not worth it. And remember that you can stop any sin through Christ who strengthens you. And no matter how many times you fall, never give up, never lose hope "the righteous man falls seven times, but RISES UP AGAIN" (proverbs somewhere)
  • First a little correction on something that was said...the church doesn't divide the categories of sex and says this is wrong and this is wrong...we are not muslims to say da haram we da la...I heard that from a sermon by a bishop and it's on this website but i don't remember its title...he said that unless the two spouses agree on it then there is no harm in it, both the wife and the husband has to agree on it and not being pressured to anything.
    For St Cyril VI's Son...you are only 11 as your profile says...masturbation isn't intercourse and no need for you to know what it is at least not now, so your post doesn't apply to her question.
    Look...lossing your virginity or not isn't the point here...the point is that your body isn't yours...first it's God's and when you do something like that you are being selfish and satisfying your desires. Your body will also become your spouse's when you get married so your body will satisfy his desries and vice versa (I am sorry for how I explain this...but I have to get this point across to tell you why it's wrong). You might be too young to think about marriage and so on ( i don't know your age), but when you do think about it and you will know the effects that comes with it.

I am not judging you...no one is...it's a common sin especially in our age but pray that God shows you the right way and the right understanding.
  • [quote author=FULLY RELY ON GOD link=board=10;threadid=4051;start=0#msg56766 date=1151153411]
    WHAT THE HECK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! ??? :o since wen was not being a virgin a good thing and wat the heck was the last sentence about????!?!?!?!

I think he meant losing your virginity in marriage, even though it was a bit unclear.
  • look, thesecondone, everybody in this life sins. St. Peter himself, who all of us wish to be 1/4th as good as he was, sinned the great sin of denying our Lord Jesus Christ. he accompanied our Master the entire time He was on earth, ate, talked, and lived with Him. yet because he is a human being and has weaknesses, he fell into this sin.

BUT, St. Peter didn't surrender to his error. instead, he cried fervently, took the picture of the tax collector who cried out to God saying, "Lord, have mercy on me for I'm a sinner." Do you think, my friend, that God forgave him? think about it... do you think that God looked upon St. Peter and accepted his repentance?

yes, God forgave Simon's sin just as He forgives everybody's sin - everybody's! in one of pope shenouda's lectures he received a question from a man that asked whether or not God forgives every sin or not. "as long as you're living and breathing, God accepts your repentance and forgives your sin," pope shenouda answered.

thesecondone, rejoice! truly rejoice in your God Jesus. your Father is not like any other father. your God is unique and almighty. "if your sins are as scarlet, they shall be white as snow..."(isiah 1:118) God says. turn to him and try your best not to do it again.... i know it'll happen again because sins are part of us. just try ur best, and every time you fall always remember the words of the prophet Micha, " Do not gloat over me, my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the LORD will be my light."
    God bless you, my friend.

salam :)
    Fibo
  • i think the first step you have to do now is to go to your FOC,tell him everything and ask his advice and prayers.and DON`T EVER SAY THERE IS NO HOPE,whatever many times you fall.as princess mary said : For a righteous [man] may fall seven times And rise again (Pro 24 : 16).
    there is a story i heard about st mossa the black ( as i remember ).one night he was faught by thoughts of his very bad past.he was about to fall again so he went quickly to his father in the middle of the night.it was a long way but he had to talk to him.his father sat with him,adviced and prayed then st mossa went back to his place.as soon as he got back he was faught again,so he stood up and went again to his father.this was repeated about 10 times that night !!! st mossa was never ashamed of confessing and never gave up hope.BELIEVE me,whatever you have done and will do,you will never reach what st mossa did.and yet he became the great ST. MOSSA THE BLACK ( i prefer THE WHITE as from inside ).so whenever you are faught with your sin go to your FOC and scandalize the devil.nothing weakens him than scandalizing his fights in front of god and FOC.ask god help and HE WILL NEVER LEAVES YOU ALONE.
  • thank you guys for your replies... the probleem is: i donot have a father of confessioon.. so please keep me in your prayers!!
  • you should find yourself a FOC NOW.with no delay.
  • here we only have one and i "dont like him" (not realllly, but i just cant tell him anything for reasons that would take a while to explain) :-X
  • well a pen and paper would do the trick... also if u r too embarresed to say it next tym u go to do it you will realise the embaressment and u wont do it.
  • if u didnt know that it was as sin then God may forgive u u know but if u dont conffess it then it will never be forgiven just go to abona and confess and tell him no matter how it takes u can sit infront of him and not beeing able to say it but at the end u wil still do it and abona will forget and he will pray for u just go and confess it i know its hard but its worth it so u dont have to confess it infront of the lord on judment day and u didnt know it was a sin but now u know so jsut got tell him i know its hard i had to confess an emberssing sin but i figured out i rather say it infront of abona than the Lord
    oh and by the way the bishop that said there is no haram and halal is bishop angelos he is great if u want to listen to his sermons there is in that web site
    and on www.copticcenter.org he is great i love him he is the best
    God belss u all
  • You spelled it wrong its actually :)

http://www.copticcentre.com/
  • Most of us fall into this sin. It is hard when you are going through the stage of puberty but if you have the guidance of your FOC and prayer in your life, God will give you the strength to reduce the sin and eventually you will hate to do it because you are displeasing GOD. Our God is a loving and forgiving God, just as the samiritan woman came with tears of repentance for Christs forgiveness so can you. Our Lord will accept you joyfully, He never turns back the repentant one just as the Father accepted prodigal son back he too will accept you.