Music

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Do you peoples think that Rock music, although christian is bad? Just wondering. I don't! :D I luv it. Like Skillet, POD, ya that kinda stuff. Oo, and all the other rap and stuff like KJ-52. Ya um, do you like think it goes against what the Bible says?

Comments

• I enjoy non-Christian music, just because I like either the music or the lyrics... I'm not a big fan of rap, but I have some Tupac, I prefer Rock though. I haven't found any good Christian radio stations in Chicago, there are quite a few in Detroit. I don't think we can say whether something is bad or not in this regard, I think it comes down to taste. Some people like Sinatra, some like other stuff... But there are some music that is lyrically and musically garbage: Britney Spears, N/Sync, its all lacking substance, and is simply entertainment. I wouldn't call it sinful, but just bad music... A lot of the sexual ennuendo can be bad though...
  • ya hence the reason I pretty much only listen to christian, well, and a little Mandy Moore, oooo Skye Sweetnam, *Skye is awsome, she sings the theme song for my all time favorte TV show!*
  • ummm... again i repeat that it depends on the music and how muich it can take u away from god. some older people think that its "trash"
  • i was just wondering, is it ok to listen to some rap just for the music, and def. not the lyrics. because i really like SOME of the MUSIC. but i am afraid to listen to it ::)
  • well i asked abouna about music and he said some kinds of music makes you aggressive and angry. im afraid that most rap music has this affect on you, whether you realize it or not.
  • yeah, well it doesn't get me mad because i don't listen to the kind of rap that feels like there is no music to it cause they are singing...or talking...or whatever there doing is loud. but i will ask my FOC