THIS IS TRULY AMAZING!!

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hey guys, i just want to share this with you. it really did give me goosebumps. it is increadable. please tell me what you think about it

(there was supposed to be a picture of a candle here but it wouldn't let me paste)

NOTICE AT THE END, THE DATE THE CANDLE WAS STARTED.

GONNA GIVE YOU GOOSE BUMPS.

I am not going to be the one who lets it die. I found it believable -- angels have walked beside me all my life--and they still do.

A young university student was home for the summer.

She had gone to visit some friends one evening and time passed quickly as each shared their various experiences of the past year.

She ended up staying longer than planned, and had to walk home alone.

She wasn't afraid because it was a small town and she lived only a few blocks way.

As she walked along under the tall elm trees, Diane asked "God" to keep her safe from harm and danger.

When she reached the alley, which was a shortcut to her house, she decided to take it.

However, halfway down the alley she noticed a man standing at the end as

though he were waiting for her.

She became uneasy and began to pray, asking for "God's" protection.

Instantly a comforting feeling of quietness and security wrapped around her, she felt as though someone was walking with her.

When she reached the end of the alley, she walked right past the man and arrived home safely.

The following day, she read in the newspaper that a young girl had been raped in the same alley just twenty minutes after she had been there

Feeling overwhelmed by this tragedy and the fact that it could have been her, she began to weep Thanking the Lord for her safety and to help this young woman, she decided to go to the police station.

She felt she could recognize the man, so she told them her story.

The police asked her if she would be willing to look at a lineup to see if she could identify him.

She agreed and immediately pointed out the man she had seen in the alley the night before.

When the man was told he had been identified, he immediately broke down and confessed.

The officer thanked Diane for her bravery and asked if there was anything they could do for her.

She asked if they would ask the man one question Diane was curious as to why he had not attacked her.

When the policeman asked him, he answered, Because she wasn't alone.She had two tall men walking on either side of her."

Moral of the story:

Don't underestimate the power of Prayer!

Gives ya goose bumps, doesn't it!

This is to all of you who mean something to me,

I pray for your happiness.

The Candle Of Love, Hope & Friendship

()

|---|

|---|

|---|

|---|

|---|

|---|

|---|

This candle was lit on the

15th of September, 1998.

Someone who loves you has helped

keep it alive by sending it to you.

Don't let The Candle of Love, Hope and Friendship die! Pass It On To All

Of Your Friends and Everyone You Love!

May God richly bless you :)

Comments

• wow that is an amazing story i am going to send this one to everyone on my email listings. thanks for sharing this story.
  • I agree with jydeacon, I loved that story very much, it reminded me about the Pink Dress, it's slightly similar in a way, but I'm wondering we're the 2 men identified, because it really doesn't give me any details about who we're they, we're they guardian angels or what? Just wondering, thanks for sharing that story with us egyptianorthobeaut!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • i think they were guardian angels cause in the begining she said that she had angels walk beside her so i'm guessing they were angels :)
  • wow....that was really amazing and i liked it alot!!!!god bless...

pray for my weakness,
    mary
  • that was beautiful... thank you
  • [quote author=egyptianorthobeaut link=board=1;threadid=3991;start=0#msg56106 date=1149861498]
    i think they were guardian angels cause in the begining she said that she had angels walk beside her so i'm guessing they were angels :)

Thanks for explaining egyptianorthobeaut!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • this is beautiful also,

I am a mother of three (ages 14, 12, 3) and have recently completed my college degree. The last class I had to take was Sociology. The teacher was absolutely inspiring with the qualities that I wish every human being had been graced with. Her last project of the term was called "Smile". The class was asked to go out and smile at three people and document their reaction.

I am a very friendly person and always smile at everyone and say hello anyway.....so, I thought, this would be a piece of cake (literally).

Soon after we were assigned the project, my husband, youngest son, and I went out to McDonalds, one crisp March morning. It was just our way of sharing special play time with our son.

We were standing in line, waiting to be served, when all of a sudden everyone around us began to back away, and then even my husband did. I did not move an inch...an overwhelming feeling of panic welled up inside of me as I turned to see why they had moved.

As I turned around I smelled a horrible "dirty body" smell...and there standing behind me were two poor homeless men. As I looked down at the short gentleman, close to me, he was "smiling"...his beautiful sky blue eyes were full of God's Light as he searched for acceptance.

He said, "Good day" as he counted the few coins he had been clutching. The second man fumbled with his hands as he stood behind his friend. I realized the second man was mentally deficient and the blue eyed gentle man was his salvation. I held my tears......as I stood there with them.

The young lady at the counter asked him what they wanted. He said, "Coffee is all Miss" because that was all they could afford (to sit in the restaurant and warm up they had to buy something...they just wanted to be warm).

Then I really felt it...the compulsion was so great I almost reached out and embraced the little man with the blue eyes. That is when I noticed all eyes in the restaurant were set on me...judging my every action. I smiled and asked the young lady behind the counter to give me two more breakfast meals on a separate tray. I then walked around the corner to the table that the men had chosen as a resting spot.

I put the tray on the table and laid my hand on the blue eyed gentleman's cold hand. He looked up at me, with tears in his eyes, and said, "Thank you". I leaned over, began to pat his hand and said, "I did not do this for you...God is here working through me to give you hope". I started to cry as I walked away to join my husband and son. When I sat down my husband smiled at me and said, "That is why God gave you to me honey....to give me hope". We held hands for a moment and at that time we knew that only because of the Grace were we able to give .....

We are not church goers but we are believers. That day showed me the pure Light of God's sweet love.

I returned to college, on the last evening of class,with this story in hand. I turned in "my project" and the instructor read it....then she looked up at me and said, "Can I share this?" I slowly nodded as she got the attention of the class. She began to read and that is when I knew that we as human beings (part of God) share this need to heal.

In my own way I had touched the people at McDonalds, my husband, son, instructor, and every soul that shared the classroom on the last night I spent as a college student. I Graduated with one of the biggest lessons I would ever learn....unconditional acceptance......after all....we are here to learn!
  • Very nice... Truly amazing.
  • that was really nice. one time when me and my friends were on this philly trip (school thing), we saw many homeless people on the street. and i had money with me, and i was going to give it to them, but my friends told me i shouldn't do it, cause you don't know what they will use it for. and i agreed. but other than that, i was going to give them the money (for food of course). i felt really bad that i couldn't give them anything though :-\
  • very beautiful...that gave me goosebumps..and made me not walk in dark alleys..(for the first story) still iwll read the second one)
    ;D
  • [glow=red,2,300]wow[/glow]
  • " I realized the second man was mentally deficient and the blue eyed gentle man was his salvation."

Then why did you give hope to the blue eyed man if he was his salvation? why not to the other man?

• AMAZING! I have never heard of such a story.