edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
Well, I was just wondering if the Coptic Orthadox Church beleaves of the beast that comes from the devil that has a sign of 666. Also do we beleave that the number 666 is an very unholy number. I was just wondering becouse everyone keeps talking about the day 06/06/06. Also from the things I have heard it makes me very scared. Also many un pleasent thoughts come to my head about such evil.

Comments

• I was just wondering becouse everyone keeps talking about the day 06[/b]/06/06[b]. Also from the things I have heard it makes me very scared. Also many un pleasent thoughts come to my head about such evil.

The 06/06/06 is not the end of the world.
    Mark 13:32

“But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Personally I believe the day 6/06/06 will be the same as any other day. The idea seems ludicrous to me that the 06/06/06 is cursed or evil, simply because the world does not run on a universal time system, and while it may be the 6th in one country, it is the 7th in another etc. Also, the dates we use are relative, that is, the manner in which we keep dates is meant to be based "A.D." Anno Domini, Latin for "The Year of The Lord", which is meant to be the date Jesus came into the world, and it is even believed to be off by around 7 years from what I heard. The dates are simply man made devices used to measure what period of time we are currently in, and are relative and subjective, and to suggest evil is especially present in such a time is mere supersticion. It would be like fearing certain days on the Islamic or Jewish or Pagan calendars if bad events were meant to happen on those days.
  • also is it true that if i had a tatoo i cannot be an organ doner..

btw i know that organ donating in our church is fine!! unless its a different story..where its one does and one lives..if there is such a case..lol ;D
  • LLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL.....ops i though i was on the FORum of organ donations!!!!!!!LOL :-X :-X :-X :-*

umm..yep..no one know neither the day nor hour..

i know hat our church recognises 666 to be a devill number..but that is about it..

and the myth of calling 666 and that will brinh hel..LOL..i tried it..IT DONT DO ANYTHING..lol..nd i was scred when i dialed it..LOL..dw..i WAS SMALLLLLLLL...LOL..
  • Revelations was described in the analogical sense (or metaphorical) since the very Heavens contained sights that were unfathomable to the disciple John. The number 666 does not necessarily describe an actual physical marking men will carry on their bodies. More likely, it is the very symbolic calculation of the spirit that lies within men who follow the antichrist and his sacrilegious schemes. While this is pure speculation, have you ever considered the number 777?
    Since "7" by it's connotation in Biblical Scripture is that it is a number of perfection (It was on the seventh day that God had seen and affirmed all that was "good" and sanctified a day for rest), the resulting three sevens consecutively aligned would represent three instances of perfection. In a sense, “777” is the representation of The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit all enjoined as One. (God as expressed in the three persons of the Trinity.)
    Now using the same logic, 666 could possibly symbolize three instances of imperfection. Being that Our Lord is the perfect Being revealed in the three persons of the Trinity, the antichrist would be the imperfect being who claims Himself to be the Christ. He, being an imperfect man, would lay claim to deity and erect himself as the God who sits enthroned in Heaven. The Beast would attempt to emulate the position of Christ's deity, causing an abomination to Our Lord's name and fooling many into saying "There is the Christ”, therefore causing desolation.

(Only, a forethought based on personal interpretation that may be abirritative from the actual meaning God had prescribed to 666)

God bless.
  • [quote author=Bespetna link=board=13;threadid=3962;start=0#msg55719 date=1149141958]
    Well, I was just wondering if the Coptic Orthadox Church beleaves of the beast that comes from the devil that has a sign of 666. Also do we beleave that the number 666 is an very unholy number. I was just wondering becouse everyone keeps talking about the day 06/06/06. Also from the things I have heard it makes me very scared. Also many un pleasent thoughts come to my head about such evil.

One interpretation is that 666 refers to Caesar Nero, who was the worst persecutor of Christianity.

666 is the numerical value of his name when all the letters are added up (each letter having a numerical value)

In some Latin manuscripts the number is 616 which is the numerical value of his name when written in Latin.

His nickname was also the "beast" among Christians.

This, of course, is only one interpretation but its a very good one when one considers the historical context imho.

Of course, most of the symbols in Revelation have multiple meanings, and so even if this is correct, it could still mean something else as well.
  • can someone please tell me where in the bible that it says that the devil's number is "666"?
  • [quote author=minagir link=board=13;threadid=3962;start=0#msg55988 date=1149654004]
    can someone please tell me where in the bible that it says that the devil's number is "666"?

"Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666." (Revelation 13:18)
  • oooh, yaeh, i remember now. thanks..
  • 666 does not prove anything. It is just a misjudged date. 6/6/06 is just like any other date. Also, right now is 6/7/06 and is prior to 6/6/06. Obviously if I am still talking to you, then 6/6/06 is not the end of the world. WMA is absolutely correct.
  • I wanted to say the exact same thing, if you think the end of the world would be 6/6/06 it's 6/7/06 and I'm still talking to you, how could that be than, of course it's not that date, you never should predict it, and it's not on 6/6/06, just let the end of the world come when it comes!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • yep i third that...its PAST>>>AND IT NEVA WAS THE END!!!
  • Talking abut 06/06/06 as in June 06 2006 doesnt mark any significant day religiously speaking and neither does July 07 2007 (07/07/07)