The Anti-Christ.

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
1st of all when will he come?
2nd of all how will we know if he is Jesus or the Devil?

That's all.

Comments

• A friend collected this text from various parts of an excellent book (The Abomination of Desolation) on the subject of antichrist to warn others so they will be careful. Thanks to the original author Hegomen Athanasius Iskander, referring the Bible and the Fathers of the Church. He has put it very clearly so you can't miss.
    The original site:
    http://www.stmarycoptorthodox.org/intor-abomination_of_desolation-introduction.htm
  • 1. We do not know when the Anti-Christ will come but there is a lot of speculation that the Anti-Christ is already here and goes by the name Maitreya and calls himself leader and Master, etc.

2. Also, we know it will be the representative of the devil because Christ himself said many will come in my name saying I'm the Christ...and that's how we will know it's the representative of the devil and it is the Anti-Christ...Also just like Jesus had Prophets prophesying his coming, so will the Anti-Christ have his own prophets...hope that helps
  • mtanious32 is correct in #2 for sure because the prefix "anti-" means "against" which obviously means that the Antichrist is against Christ. So mtanious32 is correct in question 2 in mentioning that it is not Jesus but "the representative of the devil".
  • Question 1

36But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

37But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

(Matthew 24: 36-39)

Question 2

23Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25Behold, I have told you before.

26Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

28For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

29Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

(Matthew 24: 23-31)

34Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. (Matthew 24: 34)

Please forgive me and pray for me,

Godhelpme3691
  • Hi all,

To anyone interested in the Book of the Apocalypse (Revelation) of Saint John I would recommend The Apocalypse in the Teachings of Ancient Christianity, which can be purchased on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0938635670/qid=1149201635/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-1743608-5240716?s=books&v=glance&n=283155
  • the antichrist is not a single person its more like a movement or a collection of happenings etc.

know what i mean?

i heard a Bishop talk about the antichrist and thats how i interpret the antichrist can someone clarify or correct me if im wrong?!?!?

Kristina123
  • [quote author=Kristina123 link=board=1;threadid=3887;start=0#msg55915 date=1149509173]
    the antichrist is not a single person its more like a movement or a collection of happenings etc.

know what i mean?

i heard a Bishop talk about the antichrist and thats how i interpret the antichrist can someone clarify or correct me if im wrong?!?!?

Kristina123

Well, it depends how you use the term. There are many anti-christs, as St John states in his Epistles, but at the same time there will be one person who is the Anti-Christ in the end times.
  • :o u kno how one of you guys brought up a name of maietra or something like that i looked it u/p and its very scary!! but u sure it can be the anti christ ??? ty :)
  • ummm i have never heard about this maietra dude...but nobody knows when he will come! i would like to say really quick that it may not be too far away on account of nowadays satanist are putting signs on themselves and starting the whole not being able to buy stuff without the sign....they r putting the sign even on newborns...that way they kinda trapped...so if this continues...then umm may God help us all! sorry i just realised i knida drifted off topic but kinda close ...i think
    :-\
  • matreyia is jus a guy who thinks he's god, but who knows, he may be the anti-christ.
  • [quote author=mazza link=board=1;threadid=3887;start=0#msg58221 date=1154003477]
    matreyia is jus a guy who thinks he's god, but who knows, he may be the anti-christ.

ya sooooo thats how u spell it