Whould you do this?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Well, If some magical thing happend and you could reset time. You could go back to Egypt and never get your visa. Would you do it? Everything would be completly normal. You could go to the local church. Go to the monistarys. Fool and Felafl every day (if you whanted). Ofcourse you would see your family. More Coptic Orthadox people around you do you could talk about what you are gunna do to meet them on sunday :).

I don't realy know what I would do. I have a very good like in the USA. I think I would go to Egypt if I didn't have to go to there schools. People there study day and night. But I think I would still go. But as I said schools are bad and basicly ran out of room and jobs.

Comments

• i would defently go back to egypt..i dont know why tho..umm..maybe because family and friends and church and everything that i grew up with!

GBU
    sandra
  • I would not do it, because I like my church alot, I was born here in America, most of my family are here, all my friends are here, and I like it here in the USA
  • everyone is probably gonna choose his country that he/she was born in and lived most of his life..

GBU
    sandra
  • I was born in Egypt, I grew up in Egypt & spent most of my life there, every single member of my family is living in Egypt..
    BUT I WOULD NEVERR EVEERRR GO BACK THERE.
    I would visit but never live there.
  • some times i feel torn on that subject. :'( our fellow families and copts in Egypt were not afraid to stay in Egypt and face all the discrimination, bad housing and education, lack of opportunity there. u could see them as martyrs keeping the faith and themselves strong in bad circumstances.... sometimes i feel that i escaped all of that like a coward and came to live in the UK in a comfortable life.......
  • Its not bein a coward bettering yourself gabriel god wants us to be happy and loves to see us doin well.In our better circumstances it gives us oppurtunity to help others in need god bless pray for me
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=board=11;threadid=3869;start=0#msg54590 date=1147453288]
    some times i feel torn on that subject. :'( our fellow families and copts in Egypt were not afraid to stay in Egypt and face all the discrimination, bad housing and education, lack of opportunity there. u could see them as martyrs keeping the faith and themselves strong in bad circumstances.... sometimes i feel that i escaped all of that like a coward and came to live in the UK in a comfortable life.......

You make Egypt sound so bad. I love Egypt as it is. It gives it a unique atmosphere. I just love Egypt so much. When I am there I feel alive! I feel like I can finaly breath. Also I feel like I have no troubles at all. In the USA my nose feels stuffy. I can't breath good. I feel like I can never realy relax. If someone told me to go back to Egypt and I can never come to the USA agin I would say "yes". I wouldn't even take one second to think about it.

There are lots of people in Egypt that will do anything to come to the USA. I say they are crazy. How can you leave your birth place like that! Ever day of my life I feel that my parents where foolish when they put there names into the lottery for a visa. Then they left the only place they ever knew and came to the USA. Where only about 5% of the people are true Cristians. Tons of people say they are christian but don't even go to church. They also say and do tons of bad things. Most people here I think even make fun of being a Christain. They don't understand it's real reson
  • Bespetna, I can relate to how you feel, but the thing is, you can't make such generalizations. You say all these bad things about the USA and I agree with them, you're absolutely right, but, somebody else could say even more bad things about Egypt. Every country has its positives and negatives but that shouldn't be our concern, our focus should always be set on our religious lives, no matter what country we are in.

However, I admit, it is harder to lead a strong spiritual life in the US, than it is in Egypt; however, if you were born in the US, I believe that it's God's way of testing you by putting you in that difficult situation so that when you pass through it, you'll become stronger from it and shine to those people who gave you the hard time in the first place. Besides, in the countries of immigration especially, we are supposed to be a light to the non-believer and show them the true path right?
  • I believe Egypt and its people are blessed by the Lord, so all you Egyptians are blessed as officially promised by Him since the OT, wherever you be. In the NT to no other country did the Holy Family flee (it could have been somewhere else).

What about you were going to a different third country!

I think that God permits things to happen and He directs our lives because in fact each one of us must have a mission in life to fulfill for Him. Besides our own salvation, what would be this mission we live for? Most probably there are different missions for each one and some common ones.

Luke90: you spoke perfectly about some of these missions. GBU.
  • I forgot to mention: since Coptic is a synonym of Egyptian, also of Egyptian origin, then it means that all who join the Coptic Church (My people Egypt) are blessed too.

Glory be to Our Lord forever.
  • I don't think so because i cant read or write arabic but let me ask this, if you could reset time and take us back to when they spoke Coptic and the Arabs hadn't invaded our lands, would yall go?? i most definately would !!
  • If you know how to speek Arabic, (even lot alot) you can quickly learn to read and wright it.
  • i like Omonogenees73's idea if we could go back in time to when they spoke Coptic. that would be the ultimate. but if it was for now i don't think i would be able to do it. the education there is horrible and people who come from there always have to take school over again because their degrees are not accepted here. don't get me wrong here, the US has its own problems which i think are much harder to deal with than in Egypt. God has us here for a purpose that we can't always see. so no matter where we are we should just take the problems that we face head on whether they be easy or hard.

God Bless and Pray for me
  • i would never want to have lived in egypt and not australia BUUUUUTTTTTTTT i want to go and live in EGYPT when i am older..now that i have the experience the language and education (which is a more higher standard than egypt) i would want to go back and do something really special for the people in egypt..

• well i think everyone wants to live where there family and friends are.so they wont be far.i wish i can go to egypt although ive never been there and i have always wanted to go.i was born here in florida.so sometimes i might say i want to go to egypt.but then ill miss my hometown with family and friends.

hope i helped...
    god bless

mary
  • true true,..but u know what...EVERY1 is luky no matter where they are...but the thing i probably miss from EGypt (other than the nice alte nights) is the power of their masses...ESPECIAlLY passion week..CAN U IMAGINE IT...GEES>..people were tellen me Stories...

IT iS AmAZING...but whateva God wills!!
  • well also its always good to go back to egypt and re live all ur memories u had over there.when i hear people talk about egypt to me it sounds like a good dream that can come true.

mary
  • i suppose "if" isnt good enough, and i take back my original response, God plans everything, so we all ended whervever we r because of tha plan. we are only human and cant comprehend the Omnipotent and Omnicsient 's plans. we shud just thank God in al conditions.

pray for me ;)
  • imma with u joseph!! WOOT WOOT
  • Sometimes i wish i could go back in time and change somthing. But realistically, we can't. I wouldn't change anything in my life right now. (except stress or somthing) but i have a excellent family. a beautifle house, food, clothing. and so many people don't have that. i appreciate everything God has given me. :)
  • gud on ya bob..infortunately its hard for some of us to have the same state of mind... :-X