whats our belife on ....

edited December 1969 in Non-Orthodox Inquiries
Strange question but what is our belif on nudists? because adam n eve had no clothe in the garden . SO justa wonderin

Comments

• [quote author=copticcross3 link=board=12;threadid=3853;start=0#msg54358 date=1147217951]
    Strange question but what is our belif on nudists? because adam n eve had no clothe in the garden . SO justa wonderin

It was OK when they were innocent and in the garden, but on earth in our fallen condition, I do not believe the Church views it as acceptable.

Even if its not done for sexual reasons, I still think our faiths demands us to cover up as a sign of modesty.
  • Yes, I believe Orthadox11 is correct
  • [quote author=Orthodox11 link=board=12;threadid=3853;start=0#msg54360 date=1147218853]
    [quote author=copticcross3 link=board=12;threadid=3853;start=0#msg54358 date=1147217951]

It was OK when they were innocent and in the garden, but on earth in our fallen condition, I do not believe the Church views it as acceptable.

Even if its not done for sexual reasons, I still think our faiths demands us to cover up as a sign of modesty.

Yea thats about what I beleave too. I also beleave when we go to heaven everyone will be naked becouse we will have this shamful sin of adem and eve lifted from our soals.
  • I heard when we are in heaven we won't have bodies...so I don't think we will be naked...but anyone please feel free to correct me
  • [quote author=mtanious32 link=board=12;threadid=3853;start=0#msg54532 date=1147395552]
    I heard when we are in heaven we won't have bodies...so I don't think we will be naked...but anyone please feel free to correct me

O ya, I guess you are correct. I heard someone saying somthing like that too.
  • [quote author=mtanious32 link=board=12;threadid=3853;start=0#msg54532 date=1147395552]
    I heard when we are in heaven we won't have bodies...so I don't think we will be naked...but anyone please feel free to correct me

We will have bodies. In fact, we will have the same bodies we do now, but transformed and glorified.

Our Lord rose from the dead with the same body He had before.
    Luke 24:39
    "Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.” (NKJV)

But at the same time, St Paul says, "The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body" 1 Corinthians 15:42-44 (NKJV)
  • yes we will have bodies just not the sinful flesh but nudity ended when adam and eve sinned and realized there nudity and covered up for there innocence was gone.So nudity is to be covered unless your with your husband or wife or in the shower lol.But really now all the nudity will lead to is lust and thats a sin so i think its bad god bless pray for me.
  • I was always told we have to cover up because our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit with God living in us. It is our responsibility that we pay all respect due to that wich includes not giving anyone the chance to luk at us as just a piieece of flessh..

hope that helpeedd.
  • Adam and Eve were nude in the Garden of Eden because they didn't know any better, not because they chose to. Once they ate from the tree of knowledge, their eyes were opened and they immediately ran for cover. Also, like Hizz_chiilld said, we are the temple of God and therefore we cover it up because it is holy. We do not wish to defile it.

Sleepy
  • hmm not becuase they DIDNT KNOW ANY BETTER but it was acceptable....

• What do you mean it was acceptable? Accepted by who? Adam and Eve were naked in the Garden of Eden simply because of lack of knowledge. They didn't know they were naked to begin with, and so in turn they didn't cover themselves. Once they ate from the Tree of Knowledge, of good and evil, Adam says, "I heard you in the garden and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid,", Genesis 3:10 Was not Adam naked from the beginning or only once he ate from the tree. From the beginning - he just didn't know it. To prove this further, in the next verse God asks Adam who told him he was naked, proving Adam didn't know from the beginning.
  • when we die, our bodies stay on earth and our souls go to heaven. Adam and Eve had an ecuxe to be nude. {their sins}
  • I am reading with great interest all your comments on this subject of nudity. It would appear from what is being saidthat after Adam and Eve sinned in the Garden of Eden it is wrong or a sin to be naked anywhere else but in the bedroom. But how do you explain the fact that God told Isaiah to walk naked for 3 years? Isaiah 20:2 at the same time the Lord spoke by Isaiah the son of Amoz, saying, “Go, and remove bthe sackcloth from your 2body, and take your sandals off your feet.” And he did so, cwalking naked and barefoot. Would God have made Isaiah to do wrong or sin?

• When our Lord saw Adam and Eve naked, He clothed them. He used the skin of an animal and made for them clothes to cover their shame. Yet, people want to be nude??

I was in Saint Tropez a few years ago with a Coptic friend actually, and we were just driving around, and found a secluded beach. So, we went, and to our surprise, it was a nudist beach. I was laughing soooo much. I never saw that before. He's a very modest guy... and we both stayed in the non-nudist area adjacent. I was telling him :"Oh man, its NOT our fault.. we didnt know... relax mon ami"

It wasnt as if it was something sexual. I mean, you had 100's of old women who were naked... i think it was more of a question them saying to themselves : "Look, im on vacation, and i want to get sun-tanned everywhere".

That's the impression I had. Other nudist camps actually make a statement that they wish to be liberated from their clothes. But that's a strange mentality based on what happened with Adam and Eve. God, being so kind, took it upon Himself to cover us when we were naked; so, to WANT to live in that shame is baffling.
  • I dont think our church believes highly of nudists.

And i thought that we dont have a body in heaven, not one of flesh anyway, its our soul that goes to heaven and we probably be all clothed in white robes, if its made of a material which i dont think it is (cause there would be no material things in heaven) or maybe its just like casper the friendly ghost white. Either was it is probably irrelavant since we are in heaven.

Quote from Orthodox11
    "Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.” (NKJV)

When Jesus come down to earth to speak to the apostles and said this, he would of only come as flesh for two reasons, so that they regonize him, and that they may truely believe that he has died and is now alive.

Oh and i dont think Adam and Eve were actually nudists, they were innocent like children until they ate the fruit, then they immeditaly covered themselves up because they were ashamed.

• Oh?? u don't think that ADam and Eve were naked? I think they were naked, and only after they realised they were naked , then God created for them clothes from animal skin.

So, you think its all symbols?? Perhaps... ya3ni.. i don't know; but if that's a symbol then maybe the creation of adam and eve is just symbols... where do u draw the line as to what was reality and was was symbolic.

The Isralites crossing the red sea is a symbol of baptism. That they passed from death into life, through water. But the fact remains that the event happened. That was no symbol!!
    There are symbols in the Bible, but i don't think them being naked was a symbol...

What does everyone else think??

Voila.
  • Ur missing the point to what i was trying to say, adam and eve were naked, but like a 2 yr old child that is naked he/she wouldnt know or be ashamed of his nakedness

and adam and eve were not symbolic they were on earth just like us made from skin and bones, but in heaven it would be there soul and ur soul is not made from skin and bones so it wouldnt need clothes like we do.
  • Oh? I thought that they were ashamed of their nakedness after eating the fruit.

I think some orthodox person on this site (whose name begins with O and ends in rthodox) is going to respond with a very very long essay. But its an interesting opinion, and i wait eagerly to see what our Church thinks of your opinion!!!! haha
  • I dont know how to say this nicely, but do u have trouble reading or something

I said b4 they ate the tree they were innocent after they were ashamed

figure it out its common sense!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Easy mister,

Are u australian?

Anyway, this is what i read:

Ur missing the point to what i was trying to say, adam and eve were naked, but like a 2 yr old child that is naked he/she wouldnt know or be ashamed of his nakedness

Go figure? Perhaps its my english, but i would understand from the above statement that adam and even were naked, but like 2 year old children., that they wouldnt know or be ashamed of their nakedness? So, it means they were not ashamed of their nakedness.

Well.. its my understanding from your message.
  • i really hate trying to explain myself over sumthin that doesnt need explaining

i wrote 2 messages first 1 said they were ashamed AFTER they ate from the tree

second one explained what they were like BEFORE they ate

u needed to read BOTH messages
  • Drumaboy,

Don't worry, the main thing is that we understand you at last.

Its a good thing you clariified yourself as if someone read your statement they'd think you were a heretic.

So, are u Australian?? U sound australian?
  • Yeah i am australian, why do u think i sound australian

and i wouldnt have to explain to ppl that read everything and understand it the 1st tym cause it made sense in the 1st message
  • Yeah, i thought u were australian. From how you phrase your comments, you sound typical australian.

So, do u play the drums then? I play the drums too actually ;)...
  • thats kool, ive neva met another egyptian drummer, its good to know im not the only 1

where r u from
  • Im from France.

So, do u speak with an Australian accent. That must be so cool. To wake up in the morning and sound australian. I wouldnt be able to take myself seriously if i talked like that. But its great. If it works for you, then do it.
  • yeah i do have a aussie accent its not that funni, because i wake up with 20 million other ppl with the same accent as me

now french thats a funii language wee wee!!
  • Oh, why's french a funny language?? I think its quite elegant.

I met his aussie guy in paris... he kept on saying "riigght" and "dinky dye" and "true blue"... in fact he was the boyfriend of my neighbour and friend . She left him after 2 days. I think the cultures are soo different, and the accent doesnt help bridge the divide between cultures. does it?

Anyway, do u play the drums in Church? WHat kind of music do u like?? really?

Thanks, and welcome to the forum!!
  • correct me if im wrong but with Adam and Eve they had no concept of being ashamed etc before the Fall. from then on though God made them aware of their own inequalities - hence the shame and need to be decent!!!!

Just a thought
    God Bless

Geraldine
  • hahaha...wow...lmao...i havent read this post fer a long time...till now...hahaha...a bunch of naked old women...how scary!!! anyhoo...i think ive found my answer...it was ok cuz they didnt notice that. BUTTTTTT....whatif your nudist for idk...reasons...that dont include anything sexual? ehh? well anyhoo aussie accent and french both awesome =)