Swear words

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Are they bad, what if u call something and not some one a bad name. Are crap and darn it bad words? I try to walk away or cover my ears and say "sensitive ears" when peoplesay bad words, but it doesnt always work and people always think im babish , where i live swearing is every where u turn ,cant get away from it and u cant stop every one from sayin bad words ! what can i do ?

luv
Mary

Comments

• I have the same problem (?).. you can try to escape in a way that doesnt make them think you are judging them (which might be hard to do) and if you have to stay there you can try praying to God.. "Incline my heart not to this they have said, help me not to pay attention to it" just something heard with no thought added to it..

would your Father of Confession agree with you repeating the Jesus prayer in your head? Lord Jesus Christ Son of God Have mercy on me a Sinner..
    and you can pray for them too..

• Are **** and darn it bad words?

I believe that any sort of swearing or "corrupt" language is wrong and not allowed. If I am reading the following verses of the Bible correctly [and forgive me if I am wrong] they support this belief as well;

Ephesians 4:29

Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.

And also Matthew 15:10-11 which reads

10 When He had called the multitude to Himself, He said to them, “Hear and understand: 11 Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man; but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man.”

• Hey lol, how is it, this sort of situation happens with all of us in everywhere we go, in work, in bus, anywhere, but again my own opinion is try your very best not to participate with the words, even when pple say it, just don't comment and don't say the same as them, and like this they will understand that you don't like swearing and believe me they will actually respect that in you. And lol even if they don't respect that in you, like this you will have a bigger blessing from god, just remember that god is supposed to be always obeyed more than people. Just try your best not to participate at all and everything will be fine, ok,
  • I don't run away from it I face it. I can hear it but I don't learn from it and I certainly will not say it. IF they talk about me I just start a diff. conversation with them or ignore 'em. That might not be the right thing to do but that's what I do.
  • In through one ear...........out the other..................

Please forgive me and pray for me,

Godhelpme3691
  • Is it ok to say swear word in ur head or to think somtin about someone in ur head, cuz i cant stop that from happenin but i can control my mouth not my mind .also how about replacing certain bad words with other words? I have gotten acustomed to sayin certain bad words now so what if i replace em?
  • You actually can control your mind, with the help of Our Lord Jesus Christ, just pray, short prayer, or even do the sign of the cross, you can help it, also confess about it, and make sure to repent it's better to repent than repeat it again!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • It is "ok" to not controll the words that you can't controll. Just do not say them. Also if someone is going to church or some holy place and is saying a bad word then you have I right so say, "can you please stop saying bad words in this holy place". If alote of people are saying the words I would just ignore them.
  • "
    Also if someone is going to church or some holy place and is saying a bad word then you have I right so say, "can you please stop saying bad words in this holy place"
    "
    What if you do not know the person? even if you do know the person are you sure you should rebuke the person?