Paying for lecture notes..

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I want to ask some people for their lecture notes and I do not know if they or anyone will give me their notes.. even if they did give me I might feel kinda of guilty or something because it is their work..
If they do not give me or even if they are willing to give me I am thinking of offering money for the notes.. Would that be wrong? on my behalf? on his, her or their behalf if the offer is accepted?

Comments

• we had people advertising at our uni selling their notes!

Advice: it is probably best to make your own notes and not rely on others. quite often the teachers change the content of the subjects or concentrate in different areas.

sometimes when you have other ppls notes you tend to become lazy and therefore it is best to make your own!

but if you cant attend lectures then it may be okay to ask for friends notes, i personaly would never ask for or accept money to give my notes to someone!!!!!

maybe you can just photocopy the notes?!?!?!

Kristina123
  • I already have been lazy somewhat :(
    and it is going to take a long time maybe to make my own notes.. maybe longer than the time I have before the coming exams or something..
  • If you exchange notes then it may not be too appropriate to pay for them, only if you want to show more appreciation or want to help others out.
    You may want to pay to follow your conscience if you buy another's efforts - I don't see why not, but wisely ask if he/she has actually thought of a price, a reasonable one.
    You can also accept it as a nice favor if they are willing, so why deny him/her that? I do not think it is cheating or ingratitude.
  • Sharing out of love and kindness is a wonderful thing. Taking advantage of depending on someone else’s notes and not doing your own work is a wrong thinking.
    We all have different talents, and you may be limited when it comes to taking notes in class, there is nothing wrong with admitting your weakness and using someone else’s notes. However you should find your strong points and help others by sharing with them what you are good at.