Favorite Church Feasts/Events

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
I definately choose Holy Week because I love the hymns and hymn tunes, and I love how we transition from happiness to sadness...I find it amazing we can go from Happy to Sad in an instant...that's why I choose Holy Week

Comments

• i chose the Pascha week because the beautiful hymns and psalms are the best :D
  • how come all of them isn't a choice i defently love kiahk and pascha week and everything else..one more thing, you can't really choose because they are all important to us and if u miss one of them the other one can't come!

GBU
    sandra
  • I chose Palm Sunday, and it's the first day of Pascha, so there you go, I guess I give a brief explanation about why Palm Sunday is my favorite day, I this thread a lot, very interesting mtanious32!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • ana ba2a ya 3am mtanious, belnesbaly mafeesh a7lah min madaye7 kiahk. YASALAAAAAAAM 8) el al7an wel taraneem bamoot feeha.... zay el al7an el kyahkyah beta3et el mazmoor 150, w'"qal Al Rab l'moosah", w' "sabany 7obek, ya fakhr el rotab"

mabasada2 shahr kiahk dah yeegy 3ashan ala3la3 feeh w'anmoh ro7yan min al7anoh el 3azeema.

LAKEN... hal el a3yad el tanyah malhash ahameyah 3andy???
    7asha w'masha, ew3ah el kamashah! ;D dah ana ba7eb kol 3eid beeygy 3aleinah....

mashy ya ged3an.... ashofkoh fee 7awaly.... mmmmmmm.... nos sa3ah kidah. salam ya shabab! :)
  • I can't speak for the Coptic Church but in the E.O. my favourite service if most definately Holy Thursday evening (the beginning of Good Friday). It is so moving, the priest had tears coming down his cheeks last time I went.
  • i would have to say that pascha is my favorite time of the year especially good friday

• I prefere christmas because familys get together and have lots of fun !
    i like giving presants cos i love to see the look of pure joy on my bros face when he opens them:

[center][/center] ;D
  • [quote author=shadow link=board=13;threadid=3788;start=0#msg54068 date=1146847170]

I prefere christmas because familys get together and have lots of fun !
    i like giving presants cos i love to see the look of pure joy on my bros face when he opens them:

[center][/center] ;D

See the thing is with Christmas and Easter, like almost everyone in america, just think of Christmas and Easter as Family Gathering, presents, egg hunts, christmas trees, I don't like that stuff. Many people take those 2 holidays for granted, I like the feeling and meaning of Christmas and Easter, it's a great meaning, the meaning of Christmas is Christ is born, not christmas tree, I wrote a story about presents once, I can paste it on here if you would like to see it, and Easter is for Resurrection!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Actually, I don't think that "Easter" is the proper name for the Resurrection Feast. ... something to do with pagans welcoming spring... don't have all the details

I didn't vote, because I like hymns in each season.
  • [quote author=Gods kid link=board=13;threadid=3788;start=0#msg54085 date=1146869171]
    Actually, I don't think that "Easter" is the proper name for the Resurrection Feast. ... something to do with pagans welcoming spring... don't have all the details

You are correct Gods kid, actually I say "Easter" because it's a habit, and it's addicting, I try to stay off that as much as possible!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • [quote author=Gods kid link=board=13;threadid=3788;start=0#msg54085 date=1146869171]
    Actually, I don't think that "Easter" is the proper name for the Resurrection Feast. ... something to do with pagans welcoming spring... don't have all the details

Yes, the propper English term is Paschaltide (tide meaning time or season). Its a shame the term Easter has become the norm - in fact, it is this name that has caused certain sects to reject the feast altogether, thinking it to be pagan. I have even heard of people leaving Christianity all together because they believe it is full of "pagan influences such as Easter" and they convert to Judaism or something else. Sad really.