Is the Da Vinci Code...

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
Is it false or true? In my opinion its false... It talks about Jesus marrying Mary MAgdelene. I think its false. Has anyone seen the movie or read the book?

Comments

• [quote author=lildude30894 link=board=13;threadid=3804;start=0#msg53831 date=1146515710]
    Is it false or true? In my opinion its false... It talks about Jesus marrying Mary MAgdelene. I think its false. Has anyone seen the movie or read the book?

Please just listen, we have about 4 threads or even more about the DaVinci code, and there are 2/4 threads that you can tell your opinion on the davinci code!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • IT IS DEFINETLY FALSE!!!!!

and also...our bishop WARNED N PLEADED..n said...no matter how false u know it is .>...DONOTTTTTT WWWWWAAATCH IT....casue not only are u helping this movie get money..and encouraging more movies like this...but that it might put THOUGHTS in ur head...and no one is smarter than the devil...so please..i plead that u do not watch it aswell!!
  • let me sum it all up...............................THE DA VINCI CODE IS A LOAD OF TRASH >:(

• i agree with joseph >:( >:( >:(
  • let me tell you just one thing
    the THE DA VINCI CODE is just ficiton.......................... i did not say this but my teacher who is non-religous.......people who don't believe in the prescense of god. so even people like that know it's ficiton. i don't think the person was writing it to be non-ficiton but just a plain good old story, which goes aganist christianity, but so as other many books.

pray for me,
    egyptiankrkr
  • It seems like there is a lot of talk about this... Just to get everything straightend out even the author of the Da Vinci Code stated it was a fictional load of crap sorry for my language... if you do believe in the Da Vinci Code... no effense but it's going off the deep end. It is against the bible has no biblical refrences and is not only against the OO curches But the EO churches and the catholic church and any other christian believing church. I would just like to clear that up. Remmember the author stated it was all fake.
  • My friends in the Catholic Church are organising a huge protest against this book. Many people in France are so influenced by this garbage that it really does affect people's faith.

The Church is trying hard to bring people to Christ [in the case of France, trying hard to bring them BACK to Christ], and then something like this just shakes everything.

I havent read the book, but I heard a lot about it; and I'm saddened that someone needs to write a book insulting to our Lord to amuse others in the name of entertainment. I believe that Intelligence is the ability to say what you want without offending others; and many people were offended by this book.

But, in everything bad, there is something good; it could work for the Lord's glory in that, people who rarely read the bible have read the Da Vinci Code. Its made them curious about Christ's life. This small interest may grow in becoming closer to God, with some small evangelisation that may help correct any false assumptions they have.

Perhaps? Its a wish at least.

• [quote author=lildude30894 link=board=13;threadid=3804;start=0#msg53831 date=1146515710]

It is definately false. The book has been proved to be false by scholars. It was based on another book (holy blood, holy grale) which was already proven false. That book was based on an ancient "secret society" in France - the people who invented this society admitted they did so in the 70's and that there was no such thing.

One of the themes of the book is that the Church staged a huge cover up about Jesus marriage to Mary Magdalene (a great blasphemy!) because they didn't want women to have power in the Church, and so they slandered her, calling her a prostitute.

This is quite simply rediculous since St Mary Magdalene has (atleast in the EO tradition) always held the title "equal to the Apostles". The idea that she is the same person as the prostitute mention in the Bible the Church considers a mistaken one - in fact, from what I've read, the Church maintains that she was a virgin until her repose.

So quite clearly, the Church has done nothing to slander this Saint in order to opress women.
  • www.TheTruthAboutDaVinci.com

still not convinced... i got 2 down to earth powerpoints if ne1 wants em i can email it to them

GB ALL
    +FROG+
  • Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,

Here is a declaration by the Egypt Council of Churches, Signed by H.H. Pope Shenouda III regarding the DaVinci Code.

Also, http://www.nacopts.org has a few articles about the topic as well.

This will give you a full view of the church on the topic.

+ak
  • its false and it makes me mad >:(
  • Ohhhhhhhh by the way the creators of The Da Vinci code is a non-believer of Christ and wants everyone to get things all wrong. It might be a test by God seeing if we will watch it or somthing you never know.
  • I think the da vinci code was created as more of a novel for people to read, not as a non-fiction book. I think it's the general public that took it seriously.
  • I believe that the Da Vinci Code is false!!!! that is my opinon!!!
  • [quote author=Biscutt link=topic=3804.msg80379#msg80379 date=1197696281]
    I believe that the Da Vinci Code is false!!!! that is my opinon!!!

lol its not ur opinion, its the fact. Dan Brown admitted to making it up. It's not real at all.
  • [quote author=His Servant link=topic=3804.msg80461#msg80461 date=1198032514]
    [quote author=Biscutt link=topic=3804.msg80379#msg80379 date=1197696281]
    I believe that the Da Vinci Code is false!!!! that is my opinon!!!

lol its not ur opinion, its the fact. Dan Brown admitted to making it up. It's not real at all.

[move][glow=orange,2,300]ok then!!!![/glow][/move]
  • The Davinci code is just junk,

why would anyone just sit down and make stuff like that up?

Its a waste of time, and i was told that H.H banned it and said we couldn't watch it is that true?

Pray for me a sinner
    May the prayers of Pope Kyrollos be with us all Amen
    Glory be to Our GOD Amen!
  • The DaVinci Code is heresy.

I do not know if Pope Shenouda has given such a statement, but as an issue, if we buy the book or go watch the movie we are helping to propagate the heresy and help the financial interests of a terrible man set on defaming the Christian Faith.

Save your money for the poor.  If you remember them, God's Mercy is truly close for those who do so.
  • first of all....  it is writen on the back of the book.......        a work of FICTION

SECOND, I READ THE BOOK....IT GIVES U BAD THOUGHTS AND DOUBTS ABOUT GOD... DO NOT EVER READ IT,
  • My priest in my past church game me a book called Answering the Da vinci code
    its amazing.

If you can get you hands on it read it.

Pray for me a sinner
    May the prayers of Pope Kyrollos be with us all Amen
    Glory be to Our GOD Amen!