When you YAWN

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
How come for some peoople when they yawn they do the sign of the cross on their mouth while they do it. WHy do they do that? And does it mean that they take the devil away from them cause they think the devil is going inside them i dont know so please tell me,.

Comments

• Im not exactly sure why, but I believe, since most of the time I've seen this done it's been in church and i guess they do it because the devil is trying to make us tired and not serve our Lord, so he's trying to make us weary so we just make the sign of the Cross, A. to stop yawning and B. to make the devil get away, but im not exactly sure this is what i think...i hope that helps
  • [quote author=mtanious32 link=board=11;threadid=3785;start=0#msg53701 date=1146438837]
    Im not exactly sure why, but I believe, since most of the time I've seen this done it's been in church and i guess they do it because the devil is trying to make us tired and not serve our Lord, so he's trying to make us weary so we just make the sign of the Cross, A. to stop yawning and B. to make the devil get away, but im not exactly sure this is what i think...i hope that helps

I do it all the time, when I'm at church or school or anywhere, yes, I couldn't have said it better myself!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • lol, it's all just tradetion.
  • noooo its because when you yawn your spirit can get out since u dont breath inm those seconds ...... i think lol :P
  • well,i do it as if i am asking god to help me in keeping my words good ones,and prevent me from saying bad words .....just like when we do the sign of cross on our hearts when we pray the psalm saying :"create in me a pure heart ".... ;)
  • [quote author=blingblingzz327 link=board=11;threadid=3785;start=0#msg58211 date=1153972349]
    noooo its because when you yawn your spirit can get out since u dont breath inm those seconds ...... i think lol :P

That's why I thought too, cuase everyone says that but I don't know if that's the real reason.
  • [quote author=kyrillos02 link=board=11;threadid=3785;start=0#msg58260 date=1154022451]
    [quote author=blingblingzz327 link=board=11;threadid=3785;start=0#msg58211 date=1153972349]
    noooo its because when you yawn your spirit can get out since u dont breath inm those seconds ...... i think lol :P

That's why I thought too, cuase everyone says that but I don't know if that's the real reason.

ya thats what i think too....... not sure
  • Well when I was young...I learned you do it when you yawn in church so you wouldn't fall asleep while in the liturgy or anything like that...I might be mistaken thou.