John 8:29

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
John 8:29 (King James Version)

29And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

From
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Joh 8:29;&version=9;

Would the Father leave Him alone if He ever sinned? But the Son and the Father are One.. Could they ever become seperated if Jesus sinned. ?

Im not sure if my question or questions makes sense..

Comments

• Please consider the following:

Sin, by nature, is the implicit or explicit violation of the person of God. Being that Christ is a very person of God, inseparable from the Father and the Spirit, it would be unthinkable to suggest a moment in which the Father could separate from the Son. The Son would necessarily need to violate His own person…. being that His person is perpetually united to the person of the Father. The possibility that the God could subvert Himself is an irrational fallacy to postulate.

Furthermore, the means by which such a thought seems even the slightest bit feasible, is the temporal nature we impose upon the personhood of Christ. That is to say, we imagine an instance in time where the Son and the Father stood side by side and One continuously listened to the Other. If at any moment Christ were to perform an act that opposed the Father's will; in time; we imagine that a moment later the Father would remove Himself from the Son. However, in the setting of God's reign imposing an ephemeral setting of time is non-sensical.

For, time is necessarily eternal or non-existent when referencing the nature of God. Even as the Son was located within a time-spatial point during His earthly stay, in the radar of existence, the Father had remained outside the boundaries of time all along. There was never a moment where the Father was limited to the temporality of our earthly time structure. So, where one to postulate the possibility of the Son's disobedience....one would need to ask himself, when precisely would the Father have separated from the Son, being that times does not hinge upon the Father’s existence? Essentially, the person of Christ cannot transgress against the person of the Father or the Spirit; it's a contradiction in self terms. All the more, the Father and the Son may never be displaced from one another's presence, for in the classical conception of the Judaio-Christian God, there was never a moment for God to initiate a relationship with His own personhood--the Son had eternally been the radiant emission of the Father, since the foundation of the world.

God Bless you.