What should I say? should I say anything?

There is this guy at uni who often approaches me when he sees me alone.. and he is a protestant christian.. he tries to be friends with me.. but I do not talk much with him like I dont talk much with other people.. he even invited me to his 21st birthday party... I think he respects me and I respect him..

today I sat down somewhere on a bench sometime after a university tutorial... and I saw him I think (unless it was someone else) smoking I think.. I did not mean to look at him (I thought it was someone else) and I did not look at him for long.. He saw me too and it seems he was ashamed.. and walked somewhere with his friends slowly..

I opened my bible and I found these verses.. (but I read from a NJKV bible)

James 5:19-20 (King James Version)
19Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;

20Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

From
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James 5:19-20 ;&version=9;

And I also know of this verse that came to my remembrance

1 John 5:16-17 (King James Version)

16If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

17All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

From
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1JOHN 5:16-17;&version=9;

So I want you to pray for him and I want to know if I should talk to him about this.. and what I should say if I should and also what I can say to God in prayer?

But the thing is I dont know if He has the holy spirit because it seems he has not been baptised and maybe not annointed with oil or had someone lay their hands on him to receive holy spirit (I dont know also if some people got the Holy Spirit because someone lay their hands on them) ... but maybe He does have the Holy Spirit... God knows..

I care for him.. maybe because he cared for me.. and it seems he was genuinely ashamed..

Comments

• I believe you have the answer already set before you. If you leve the situation unchecked, you will be riddled with the guilt of leaving your brother bereft. Pray that God gives you the strength and wisdom to help him in his downtrodden experience. What God has dispensed before you, return back in seven-fold glorious splendor for the sake of His holy name.

God Bless you.
  • do u think he felt ashamed coz of the smoking
    i dont understand what happened here, excuse me. can someone explain. :(
  • " do u think he felt ashamed coz of the smoking"
    yes

I was walking in the university library and he called me (to give me the details of his birthday party).. he didnt talk about what happend.. and it seems he was doing an assignment.. It seems maybe it was not him.. but if it was then I feel maybe I should not speak to him about it.. if I should what should I say?

• He probably felt that maybe she would not be friends with him because he is a smoker. Don't judje him. Be his friend, but try to talk to him out of it.

love lots,
    CopticChica21
  • this person is older than me.. he has many friends already it seems... and I dont think there was any female involved

.. he is the one who trys to be my friend when im alone and depressed.. and I do not seem him often.. and I do not speak much with people..
  • you know whats funny its the oldest trick in the book.... and we all fall for it... lol.. leave it to prayer... the devil is a tricky dude... he'll make it as if youre helping somebody... but really he's planning a huge sin for you... and Im afraid you'll fall in that trick... believe I talk from experience... so go ahead and pm me.... and we can think of something that will best help you....
  • so you think I should not say anything schoolbishoy? what big sin is he planning for me to fall into?

• Jesusiskingofkings, first of all, i think we're confused about one thing, are you a female or male? second, to answer your question about him having the Holy Spirit...no he doesn't, protestants don't believe in the sacrments and since baptisim and myroon is where we get the Holy Spirit, then he doesn't have that. third, it doesn't seem that you're close friends, but just people that talk often so i don't see what the problem is. i agree wirh bishoy on that trick thing; i'm not sure if i would put it that way, but i dont think you should bring it up. if he was really ashamed, then this is God at work, who put you there to at that moment so may be shame will change him. all you can do now and with a clear concious is pray asking God to help him find the way and to give you wisdom and disernment. :D
  • [quote author=JesusisKingofKings link=board=10;threadid=3580;start=0#msg52056 date=1144288619]
    so you think I should not say anything schoolbishoy? what big sin is he planning for me to fall into?

lol... sorry... I am SO COOL BISHOY.... no SCHOOL BISHOY... many people fall guilty of that mistake... dont do it again... lol...

I dont think you should talk to him... no... but you can pray for him... what big sin? you'll find out when you fall in it... lol... ya benty the devil is tricky... he could keep on trying for years upon years... he is a patient piece of crap... believe me I KNOW... so when/if the time comes and you fall in the sin... remember SO COOL BISHOY (socoolbishoy) 'alik...
  • you are scaring me school bishoy.. I think you are talking about a major common sin.. which one if its not bad to tell me?

And pray that I do not fall in it
  • and yet you continue to say school bishoy... its SO COOL ya benty... lol.. that sin is for you to remain away from, and for me to morn on others that fell in it... just esma3i el kalam ya benty... and he who has ears let him hear!
  • sorry socoolbishoy.. can you tell me now (if its not wrong to)?
  • lol. we are getting off topic and im getting so confused. If you don't mind me adding to this, I just want to say that you shouldn't talk to him like SOCOOLbishoy said. there might be something that could lead to bad temptations. I can't really help you much, but he could be a bad influence.

love lots,
    CopticChica21
  • It's hard to believe he still has birthday parties at the age of 21. lol. I stopped with parties at like 15.

Of course you should pray for him. But it's not wrong to talk to him as long as you keep some distance.
    Do not become too close to him, not because he has the bad habit of smoking, but because he does not share your belief or your Holy Communion.

Our primary goal is to achieve the kingdom of Heaven and be united with God.
    Our secondary goal is to try to bring as many others to Heaven as possible.
  • i think you're reading way too much into it nene107
    we are not killing anyone like Hitler did, nor are we discriminating against anyone's religion. the matter of the fact is bad company corrupts good habits and we just want JesusKingofKings to take caution, not only because this guy smokes, but also because, since he's not of the same religion, he doesn't share those good habits that we as christians possess
  • I agree with socoolbishoy and StVictor replies.

I think girls do react like they may be able to drive a boy they care for out of his bad habits.. maybe so. But again maybe not: many boys understand that situation, they may have a natural tendency to exploit it, God forbid.

I believe your actual best bet is to pray a lot for him and God will listen, He knows the truth about your deep intentions and your good will. Ask God to guide your steps and to reveal what's best for you. You should be wise and careful, and ideally accept God's choices.