Palm Sunday: Why 4 Gospels????

edited April 2006 in Faith Issues
Hi, is there any particular reason why we say 4 gospels on palm sunday. thank you for clearing up and God Bless us

Comments

• Im not sure it would be nice if someone who does kno can reply
  • [quote author=God Be With Us link=board=1;threadid=3581;start=0#msg52133 date=1144436888]
    Im not sure it would be nice if someone who does kno can reply

wait what do you mean?

And I think it’s because it’s in the 4 gospels... and the church wants to show us the 4 perspectives... and we do that throughout holy week... like during Friday!
  • [quote author=WWJD86 link=board=1;threadid=3581;start=0#msg51820 date=1144034304]
    Hi, is there any particular reason why we say 4 gospels on palm sunday. thank you for clearing up and God Bless us

it's just to show the importance of the day. it's the beginning of our salvetion.

also like good friday.
  • [tt][sub]I think so we have an understanding of the events completely. Like, sometimes the gospels each have the same thing written differently, so maybe if we read them all then we will know exactly what happened. I think its just like what minagir said too.

love lots,
    CopticChica21[/sub][/tt]
  • kalamkom ya socoolbishoy, w'minagir, w'copticchica21 sa7 meyah meyah!! ;D fe3lan, reading the 4 Gospels on Palm Sunday (A7ad El Sha3aneen) serves various reasons like the ones you guys have mentioned.
    salam ;D
  • [quote author=minagir link=board=1;threadid=3581;start=0#msg52137 date=1144439567]
    [quote author=WWJD86 link=board=1;threadid=3581;start=0#msg51820 date=1144034304]

it's just to show the importance of the day. it's the beginning of our salvetion.

also like good friday.

If all four gospels are read to show the importance of the day, then how come we don't read all four gospels for all the other major feasts?...like for easter we don't read all four gospels.
    Are you saying that Palm Sunday is the most important feast?