King, Queen, and Royalty

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
I'm just wondering, because I have been thinking about this question for a long time, and well, I always seem to question it, I will never, but the question is meaning like if you were to be invited and would go to a royal party, would you bow down, because from my experience when I watch something, you have to bow down, that's how Europe does it, lol, well see I wouldn't because I only bow down to God, and when doing the sign of the cross, other than that, I can't worship anything, I take it as worshipping an idol--when bowing down to royalty!

Forever,
Coptic Servent

Comments

• lol..I was just gonna say there is no king or queens anymore..but I remembered the ones in England...anyway..I honestly don't know. I don't think it's really a big deal because when you bow..you aren't worshipping...it's just an out of respect thing. Like people who do a play or whatever...at the end don't they bow in respect for the audience..so in that case it's not a worship..it's out of respect.
  • Wow, I never thought of that, thank you so much Marianne for expressing your opinion!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • i remember a story once (I think it was Pope Kyrillos or one of the other patriarchs... ???) when they actually kissed the chest of a king and stated that God had chosen them to rule the country and so they were blessed, so yeah, i guess we have to pay some sort of respect.

And in the mass, we pray for the kings and royalty because in the bible it says for us to respect them.

Acts 23: 5 also states that you should not speak evil of any ruler either...
  • Wow, that is so awesome, thank you so much Coptic Dragon, I like that story and that verse, thank you again both you and Mariann87!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • lol, im reading this and im like uhh hmm what are they talking about kings and queens?? lol ::) ..hmm that must be wierd though, i would have to agree with Marianne though. We also respect the president and the law of our country here in America, were not worshiping them, its just the law. Its something just done without question, i dont think there is anything wrong with it.
  • Thank you for your opinion nene0587, very appreciated!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • its nothing yanni lol, np
  • Kings and Queens are figues of state and represent the power of the country so it would be good to show them respect by bowing.

In Japan people bow to eacho ther to show respect the lower u bow the more u respect that person u bow the lowest to the emperor and to elders.
  • lol..I was just gonna say there is no king or queens anymore..but I remembered the ones in England

heeey...we dutch people also have a queen >:( tsj tsj tsj...

no lol, just kidding :P
  • lol wala tez3aly...in all of Europe ;)
  • Aywa keda ya bit :P

:-*
  • good post... great responses... and hell I'll join in and say... I agree with all of you!
  • I thank all of you for your post, I never knew that the lower you bow the more respect you have, I thought they only bow to royalty thank you for that Adeodatus, and thank you all for your post, very appreciated!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • I guess I would bow, just cuz id feel obligated to. But I dont think respect is given to someone by their status, or wealth, or even their age. I think people should earn respect.

And anyways, they haven't really done anything, they were born "royal"...mere coincidence.
  • interesting topic.. though really it just protocol.. Im studying law in australia, and every time we go to a court, we have to like walk out backwards and bow our head at the judge.. I mean at the end of the day its just a matter of respect ;)
  • The Christian answer to this survey is, "Yes, always." Why? It's not because they are "royal", not because of custom, not because of their so-called lineage. The fact is that we are bowing to God Himself whenever we show any respect to emblems of state power, whether king or flag. St. Paul tells us that governments derive their just power not from the governed, but from God Himself. Do we moderns still believe this?
  • Thank you all for that Maryann23_©oP†, matt88, and quisutdeus. I really appreciate it!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent