fashion in the church

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
its almost that time again, Easter. I feel that everytime I go to Church on Easter, I see all these new people and it kind of feels like a Fashion Show. What is up with that. I know its an excuse to buy new clothes, but seriously keep some of those clothes out of church. Does anyone agree or disagree.

Comments

• I agree
    absolutley

somethings r 4 the church and somethings aren't but if its disrespectful u shouldn't wear it anyways
  • well i will agree if their clothes are disgraceful or inapropriate but if they are appropriate and just a little dressy, (since it is easter) people would like to celebrate that day and just get dressed up. however, you go to church to thank God and Pray and feel blessed not to get dressed up and put on makeup and stuff, so if it will effect the people that wear those clothes and distracts them from praying at church or paying attention then they shouldn't wear it. But if it won't distract them and they just wear the appropriate dressy clothes as a way to celebrate then i don't think it is wrong.
  • Sorry I haven't been aware of this thread before, those were wonderful posts Abba Mina, egyptionorthobeaut and nene0587, I know a lot of people that there parents pick out their clothes for them, instead of them picking out their own clothes, it's a simple matter of trying to persuade or influence your parents to buy more sufficient and appropriate clothes, hey I know what I would like for the eid, and sometimes my parents know the exact thing for me, I tell them what things a mature and appropriate lady would wear, not short shorts or sleeveless shirts, or even tight pants, no way, that is just too showy, if your unaware of your clothes look again, do you think this will be appropriate, hey our priest stopped a child and told her to cover herself, because she was wearing a sleeveless shirt, that's why you should keep asking yourself do I think this will be appropriate for such event!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • i agree...

but here in asutralia...its not a nmatter of disrespectful clothing or not...it is a matter of A FASHION PARADE..imma not saying i dont care what i wear on that noght casue i do ...and i do get dressy n stuff...

but the problem with me is the paying attention casu eiam too busy to see what other epople are wearing...

so that is why i go to a more smaller church now so ican concentrate alittle more...
  • i totally agree :P
    how bad is that :-\
  • yer mazza...u too...

how can we change this image of 3eed day??

cause i know that alot of girls are like tht too...

umm not sure bout the boys though!! ;)
  • I concur. Also people (mostly women) sit there and critique others' clothes and flip out if someone else is wearing the same outfit as they are. What's the point?
  • i usually dress up to church... not only for the aeed... but every sunday its the day of the lord... nothing wrong with that... at a time I use to wear a suit every sunday... nothing wrong at all...
  • Nothing wrong with that... gives us guys some entertainment for the 6 hour liturgy!
  • lol... oh... I knew that... but really girls cover up... next time I wanna see girls dress up like the way they do in church fe el aeed... I'll just go to the club.
  • yakaraby... khalas ya mama.. i wont do it again
  • whats the topic again? lol... kidding
  • "yes" totally kidding... but you know my voice... is like God... you know it... lol...
  • that one actually made me laugh... and for your knowlege... I am practicing jus as we speak... lol... okay we'll stop now!
  • [quote author=jana711 link=board=13;threadid=3487;start=0#msg50521 date=1142954825]
    its almost that time again, Easter. I feel that everytime I go to Church on Easter, I see all these new people and it kind of feels like a Fashion Show. What is up with that. I know its an excuse to buy new clothes, but seriously keep some of those clothes out of church. Does anyone agree or disagree.

LOOOOL..wowzers, you are absolutely correct..buutt, I do the same thing just because you FEEL like it's Resurrection when you're all dressed up in new stuff..just a way to celebrate..same concept as dressing up for a wedding..But yes, people do use it in the wrong ways..
  • I don't think Bishoy is slow, I just think he was trying to be funny. Key word here is trying....

Run that joke by God he'll show you how funny it is.
  • I didn't get to read all of your posts, but I will try to respond. I think that we try to celebrate. In a way, it's like God is coming and we want to look our best. Maybe that means for some poeple getting dressed up A LOT! and for some people just a new simple outfit. Whatever it is, people just want to look good. It might be one of those welcome god things, but in a totally different way in everybody's sense. It really, I think, is just a way to welcome God. It's like if a president was coming, you wouldn't look bad. Lol. Well, that may be how it is. I'm just saying. I don't know if I answered your question, but that's what I think.

love lots,
    CopticChica21
  • [quote author=Rony link=board=13;threadid=3487;start=15#msg51612 date=1143870087]
    I don't think Bishoy is slow, I just think he was trying to be funny. Key word here is trying....

Run that joke by God he'll show you how funny it is.

Thanks for your concern habibi... but I did run that joke by God... I think God thought it was funny... unlike some people... I know that God is a gentle loving God... and not an angry wrathful... always killing... and hurting God! So again thanks for the great concern... I will continue laughing with God... in love happiness and joy... unlike some people... I won’t hold tight... and just have fear...
  • I'm not trying to offend anybody by this post, but can we please not change the subject everytime, because it's a good topic to talk about! Sorry again if I offended anyone by this post!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent