were was adam made?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
i have a quest my geography teacher says that adam was around the tigiris is this true or were was adam made?

Comments

• Adam was made in Paradise (Garden of Eden). I do not know however, where he went after sinning.
  • Yeah, Christ4Life is right. When Adam was created he was put in Paradise and then moved later on because of his sins. Tell your teacher to read the 7th or 6th chapter in Genisis.

love lots,
    CopticChica21
  • that's so funny
    i have never heard of that before. I believe it is a matter of faith...does it matter where he was created?
  • tigiris is this true or were was adam made?

where is tigiris?

the garden of eden and this is NOT the one we'll be in after this temporary life

garden of eden was somewhere around iraq that's what i heard before!

• where is tigiris?

The Tigris is the eastern member of the pair of great rivers that define Mesopotamia, along with the Euphrates, which flows from the mountains of Anatolia through Iraq.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tigris
  • so i'm a bit rit it's round iraq yea?
  • If The Garden of Eden actually existed on earth, then could we not visit it today? But mankind was kicked out of the Garden for his sin, and therefore it would be impossible to visit.
  • i know that the garden of eden was not made on earth but after adam sinned were did god put them and why?
  • The garden of eden did indeed exist on earth. We were prohibited only from entering the garden, not from the remaing dust of the earth. As such, Moses described the four rivers that parted from the original river and shot out of the garden. The Tigris river was predominantly one of those four rivers, as Michael's teacher may have eluded to. "The name of the third river is Hiddekel (Tigris)". (Gen 2 8-14))

No man could enter it since access to it meant that man could "put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever" while knowing good and evil. However, for God eternality holds a necessary precept of purity. Man can not live perpetually with God in impurity; the mingiling of sin and life, together, is impossible.

Today, the Garden of Eden holds no prevelance over our existence since the Tree of Life is utterly expurgated from it; eitheir through natural decay or divine intervention by God's hand. Man may enter the garden (although there is only speculation to it's wherabouts), yet he will never find the Tree of Life present there. The only mention of seeing the tree again is mentioned in the last chapters of Revelation

“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God.”’ (rev 2:7)

Whether the tree mentioned in Revelations is identical to that found in the Garden of Eden (suggesting God would have displaced the original tree) or the tree mentioned is an entirely new tree....or more practically, not at all a physical tree, is not definitvely described within the Biblical Scriptures.

Our Lord Christ calimed that He was the very epitome and substance of all life in the gospels. Furthermore, we are told that through His body and His blood we may attain everlasting life. Therefore, I sincerely believe that the new Tree of Life, is ultimatley and substatnially Christ's living Spirit which He alone will impart profusively upon those whom He has chosen to live with Him in His kingdom.

In Revelations 22 a concise denotation is given regarding the new Tree(s), their purpose and aptitude to the provision of life.

"And he showed me a pure[a] river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him."

The ascertainment of the passsage deams life as that which originates from the "river of water of life" as well as the "twelve fruits" (symbolizing the twelve tribes of Israel) that spring from the "tree of life". Yet Christ explains that He alone "will make all things new”, (Rev 21:5) "that He alone is the origin from which river of water of life [proceed] from". (Rev 22:1)

Deductively then, Christ is ultimatley our new sustanance in the Heavenly Jerusalem from which all things with the attribute of eternality must ramificate from. Now if God was able to scantify that earthly domain known as Eden into a garden of life, imagine the very celestial realm to which He has laid claim as His very own kingdom. Neverthelss, that earthly glory which we have lost.... we regain in a more profound Heavenly glory; far greater and more pervasive to the existential ramparts of our needs. Thanks be to God for all that will be renewed in Him....even that garden of old.

God bless.
  • thanks george great answer, pretty interesting topic too :)
  • Thanks Mary.

God bless you.
  • Actually History is one of my least favorite subjects. Thankyou for the kind gesture though.

God bless you.
  • The Book of Genesis mentions certain rivers that surrounded the Garden of Eden. From what I understand that puts the garden somewhere near Iraq. But the Great Flood would have changed the size, shape and location of rivers, so it depends on whether Moses was describing rivers as they were in the time of Adam or if he was describing rivers in his own day.

As for where Adam went after the fall, some Church Fathers (I forget which ones) say that Adam's skull lies beneath Golgatha (place of the skull), hence the name, where Jesus was crucified.

By the way - the idea that man was created in heaven and then sent down to earth after the fall is an Islamic concept - the Bible clearly states that man was made from the dust of the earth, was placed in a garden on the earth, and lived and died on the earth.
  • [quote author=gmankbadi link=board=1;threadid=3442;start=0#msg51971 date=1144205239]
    Actually History is one of my least favorite subjects. Thankyou for the kind gesture though.

God bless you.

I love history lol. & God Bless you too! :)
  • george i think ur message and point was great but to long
  • I would of shortened it Mikey, but then it would have been too short. Therfore, my "short" speeches are univocal to your "long" speeches. Ha ha.

God bless.
  • paradise