I Need Help

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
(Check Question)

Comments

• in realty no, but I THINK it is because it might lead you of doing somthing wrong. it's not wrong, but it might take you away from GOD and that's wrong.
    for me, worldly things are not wrong, but it might take you to the wrong path. it's like dating(i kno a lot of ppl talked about this before), it's not wrong if it doesn't start somthing else. and it might take you away from GOD. we should never take the chance of trying to fight the devil. it's always going to be there to test you.
  • I think that it definitely depends on what music you listen to. Some non-christian music is just simply inappropriate or it talks about so much despairing topics and topics that are against our faith. Anba Sorial, suring one of the midwest conventions, spoke to us strongly about this issue and made it clear that some music should just not be listened to. Anba Sorial approved that our hymns and our Christian music is a good things to listen to, in fact it is encouraged. Anba Sorial also said that calming or soothing music, like classical styles of music are good to listen to because of their emotional and mental benefits, the fact that it is soothing and calming. Other types of music, like rap or hip-hop, is strongly discouraged. It has no benefits, first of all, except that it gets people excited and not only that, but hidden beneath this music the words of the song are unnoticably being scarred into the brains of the listener, like subliminal messages. Of course, some of these songs talk about horrible issues or topics, like I have already mentioned and those things are what's being scarred into the person's brain. After these messages are scarred into one's brain that person falls into denial that what he hears or knows, from the music, is morally wrong and refuses to accept that they are not suppose to listen to it. That's its addicting affect, which makes the problem even worse. Anba Sorial said that there was a study where two plants were exposed to different types of music, one rap, I think, and one was classical. The one that was exposed to the rap music ended up dying while the on ehich was exposed to the classical music, not only lived but thrived. Then he asked us, "If rap music can do this to a plant, imagine what it does to your brains?", and he was right! If you consider it, this is a really shocking concept. "Those things which are not helpful are destructive." I think that el Anba Sorial said this also. I hope this helps, George M.

Please pray for me always,
    Believer in God
  • well said, Believer in God.
  • nice essay believer in God!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
  • i don't think its wrong (as in u get punished for listning 2 it) but i think you of course have to be wise when choosing the type of music u listen to.
    ps- that actually was a pretty good essay up there...took me long to read it though
  • I agree with believer in God and i also blieve with wht type of music it is because some Non-rap music still have cursing and stuff that gets your brain to think of something other then God. So i think we should just watch out for everything that is not christain. Be wise as a serpent but humble as a dove
  • agreed ;D
  • Hmm well but you have to be able to moderate the amount of music you listen to.