Confession

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Every Long should we confest?
And if we don't confest can we still take comunion?

Comments

• [quote author=hassan1 link=board=1;threadid=3449;start=0#msg50148 date=1142627818]
    Every Long should we confest?
    And if we don't confest can we still take comunion?

I don't understand the first question, but I do understand the second, there are still many guidelines and restrictions for communion, I heard that you can't have an argument and take communion, I also heard that you have to repent before you take communion, I think you need to repent, but confessing I'm not sure about!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • yeah you need to confess before taking communion.
  • i think hassan1's first question is how long should we confess. i am not really sure about that. but abouna at my church lets us take communion and then confess that same day. but you can't take communion if you don't confess at all.
  • Most people usually confess every 2-4 weeks. You must repent and confess on a regular basis to partake of the Holy Communion.
  • To answer your first question, you should ask your FOC (father of confession) for how long should I confess...because your FOC knows you best. Maybe he want's you earlier than 4 or 2 weeks, to make sure you are stong in your spirituality or it could be the opposite. Thus, yo should consult your FOC about the when you should confess. Everyone is different, therefore has a different time than others.
  • I think that it depends on what ur FOC thinks. Umm... It's usually 2 months, or a month depending on what you also think. I think in some cases you can take communion, but I'm really the one to be asnwering that. I'm not sure.

SORRY :-[ :'(

love lots,
    CopticChica21
  • i have a question if we have to confess before you take communion does that mean you have to confess every week?
  • my abouna says every month...but one week past the month and then another then another until it is 3 months...the wrong way to GO!
  • at my church before everyone takes communion my priest usually says on the mike that anyone who did not confess for forty days should not take communion. I think he stopped saying this though, but i don't know why
  • It depends on the person..there is nothing such as 40 days or whatever it is. Someone might be sinning every single day, that means they will have to go confess as much as possible to get closer and closer to God.
  • You should confess in short time periods, because this will help you to get closer to God and the church. If you don't confess then your sins will build up! Meaning a heavier burden. When that happens the devil can get you even easier! You will then be ashamed of confessing those sins because of repeating your sins over and over again. That's OK! Because God wants the sinful to go back to Him. The devil tempts us because we are God's most precious children. And one way he tempts us is by delaying our confession and repentance, and telling us that "my sins are to shameful to tell anyone." But you are not telling the priest your sins, you are literally telling God!
    And the reason why you need a priest there is to give you the absolution and the solution to over come your sins and the devil.
    Confession is the only way to get rid of the burden on your shoulders.
    Hope that helps!