True Friend--> does he/she exists?

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
There is another thread here about TRUE FRIENDS.

But after I had read all ur very wise comments about true friends, i was wondering if friends, with all these characteristics do exist?

Is there something like a "perfect" true friend?

Marian

Comments

• there is no one perfect!!!!!!!!!

btw..u can barly find friends with ALMOST ALL these characters!

GBU
    sandra
  • The only true, perfect friend you will ever have is God. He is always there for you and will never leave you.

Please forgive me and pray for me,

Godhelpme3691
  • some actually yes do exist. some priests and FOCs are sometimes the best friends to have. above all this however, God should be the friend that is closest to you.
  • Yes, He does exist..Goes by the name of Jesus..
  • [quote author=ServantOfJesus link=board=13;threadid=3255;start=0#msg49250 date=1141350234]
    Yes, He does exist..Goes by the name of Jesus..

Couldn't have said it better myself, same with all that was said above!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • i agree with everyone becuase no is perfect and God is the only person that knows us soo much to be a perfect friend
  • thats sweet guys- but yes there are friends like that

i know many ppl that are as caring and sweet and always look out for you. theyre incredible

my closest friend would have 2 b frog-shes incredible... i love her so much :-*

but if u cant find ppl like that- jesus is the best of the best ;)
  • I don't think there is anybody in the whole history from the creation of Man till now, that have all the characteristics that a true friend has, except God, he is the only one that is truly the BEST, LOYAL, HEART-WARMING, ALWAYS BY YOUR SIDE, COMFORTING, PEACEFUL, LOVEABLE (for sure), CARING, WILL NEVER GET MAD, NEVER GET JEALOUS, MIRACULOUS, FULL OF ZEAL, WILL NEVER THINK WRONG, INTELLEGENT (VERY), ALWAYS IN A HAPPY AND GIVING MOOD...this could go on for hours, I just gave you 1/4 of what I have in mind about God, actually that's doesn't even come close to an 1/8 or something! He is the only true, best, and will always be your friend no matter what, as everyone said, no one is perfect, besides God, so therefore no one could be your true friend, but can have some of the characteristics not all!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Amen to what Coptic Servent brilliantly said and everyone who choose God as the true friend.
    There is a verse in the Book of Parables, which prophesies about Our Christ, “ 24: There are friends who pretend to be friends, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.”
    All the saints are good friends and also as Christ4Life said our spiritual advisors and our fathers of confessions.

• i think there might be a true friend but not a perfect friend. and i don't even know what to think cause a week ago me and me so called "true friend" got in an argument and didn't talk since. i don't know what to do. to call her....or just stop and move on. we had great times together and it is a shame that all those great memories will just go away. i don't know what to do though???? :o ??? :(
  • [quote author=Safaa link=board=13;threadid=3255;start=0#msg49338 date=1141580716]
    Amen to what Coptic Servent brilliantly said and everyone who choose God as the true friend.
    There is a verse in the Book of Parables, which prophesies about Our Christ, “ 24: There are friends who pretend to be friends, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.”
    All the saints are good friends and also as Christ4Life said our spiritual advisors and our fathers of confessions.

Thanks Safaa, that verse is awesome, it's one of those verses that can relate to our world, I LOVE THAT VERSE, thanks for sharing that with us!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • [quote author=egyptianorthobeaut link=board=13;threadid=3255;start=0#msg49340 date=1141583652]
    i think there might be a true friend but not a perfect friend. and i don't even know what to think cause a week ago me and me so called "true friend" got in an argument and didn't talk since. i don't know what to do. to call her....or just stop and move on. we had great times together and it is a shame that all those great memories will just go away. i don't know what to do though???? :o ??? :(

PRAY, go talk to your FOC asap, May God be with you!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • No human is perfect and therefore no human can be the perfect friend. It's hard enough to find a decent friend..never mind a good one..