Is it ever okay to go out somewhere with unbelievers?

like to a restaurant or go swimming... ?
even though you know they swear sometimes..

Comments

• We are not Muslims...we are not called upon to disocciate with disbelievers unless such association will lead us astray or into temptation (see Psalm 1).
  • [quote author=JesusisKingofKings link=board=10;threadid=3340;start=0#msg48993 date=1141040748]
    like to a restaurant or go swimming... ?
    even though you know they swear sometimes..

I would have thought that was dependant on the individual. If you think hanging around with unbelievers will make you a swearing, fornicating, blasphemous drunkard then its probably not such a good idea. If, on the other hand, you can be around non-believers without being affected by it in a bad way, then its fine. And if you keep up your conduct, you might just have a positive effect on them, in which case it would be a good thing.
  • but we are told maybe to think ourselves weak and not trust we will not be affected by them
  • "Told" by who? If you're struggling in making a particular decision relating to this issue (i.e. if your conscious is struggling to discern right from wrong), then I suggest that you consult your spiritual adviser for help in discerning whether or not the "risk of temptation" is great enough to the extent that you should completely avoid particular people or a particular place.
  • I think that it's okay to go places with unbelievers, as long as they don't have a great influence on you to sin. You know what is right and what's wrong and you know how strong you are to say NO to what is wrong. If you feel that you might give in to their requests, then don't go. If you feel that you'll be able to stand up for what you believe in then go, and little by little you can teach them what is right. People like these need guidance and patience!!
  • Ofcourse it's OKAY..you just have to keep your distance sometimes..
  • YEAH, I THINK IT IS OK. I HAD A FRIEND LIKE TAHT. BUT SHE MADE ME DO BAD THINGS SO GOD ENDED OUR FREINDSHIP WITH EACH OTHER
  • its ok to be friends with them, but be under the supervision of an adult when you are going to go to an area that is for "older people" and can lead to anything involved in the temptation column. just dont be risky

• Jesus came for the sinners, not the righteous.......therefore if Jesus Himself sat with them....who are we not to sit with them........however going to a restaurant is fine but starting to go swimming where lust will play a role and temptation of body will start.........there you should stop and think about it ...Pray that they may find God