I FEEL MY MIND WILL SOON EXPLODE!

i have a moshkilla (prob). my grades are really slipping, and i don't know what to do. in the begining of the year, i did really good in algebra, but now i suck at it. and i am actually failing it. it is the third marking period and i MUST get at least a "c" on it just so i can have a "passing" final grade so i don't go to summer school. and that is my worst fear. i really don't want to go to summer school. i am not a summer school personsometimes i also wonder "how am i going to get in a college with these grades"? . and i am under so much stress about this that i am so paranoid and i can't stop thinking about it. infact i am so obsessed that i wake up randomly in the morning every day and i spend a couple hours thinking about it and i think myself back to sleep. my acne is getting worse on my face cause i am REALLY stressed out. and i NEED to talk to a councler at the wellness center cause i need help. my parents won't sign the contract cause it said that if your child does not want to tell you something, you will not know unless you have your child's permission. and i feel that my mind is going to EXPLODE!!!. it might not seem like a big problem but it sooooo is to me. and i don't know what to do. i feel as if i am stranded on an island alone, and i am just stuck there.
PLEASE, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE. I AM IN TROUBLE :'( :-\ :o >:(

Comments

• My only suggestion is for you took cut out time from everything else (except God and Church of course) and to concentrate on school. You can ask your teacher what to do to bring your grades up, if you could go early for help or anything of the sort. Rabina ma3ak...
  • 1.ask for extra credit work.
    2.help after school.
    3.help before school.
    4.ask for pope kyrollos(he's really good with students)

and ask god for help too!

GBU
    sandra
  • Well about algebra, i was failing algebra earlier this year, but then my mom started to correct my daily lessons which brought my grade up pretty well.

PopeKyrillos
  • With those grades maybe you can't get into a university or Cal State, but you could go into community college for 2 years and transfer into the 4-year school that you want to get into.
  • Do you what I do.. I always study for a lot during the test, Always do extra practice and set up times with ur teacher to discuss things you do not understand. ASK QUESTIONS> that is by all means key to understanding the problems. there is no way that you will know the problems and how to do them. DO EXTRA CREDIT. that is also importantl. ask your parents for help and make sure to pray AND READ THE BIBLE befor you do algebra. it'll get easier if you study and practice it more. PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT.

i hope i helped... ill get some more tips when i can think of them
  • Have you read from this
    http://www.coptichymns.net/pagesetter-viewpub-tid-1-pid-610.html
    site? you don't have to answer that.. if you have not read it..

And Its important not to worry about things you can not change but do things or something for what you can change..
    ask God to help you with everything .. and maybe ask your priest to pray for you and ask other people..

Philippians 4:6-7 (King James Version)

6Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

From
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Phillipians 4:6-7;&version=9;

Matthew 6:25-34 (King James Version)

25Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

26Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

27Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

28And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

29And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

30Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

31Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

From
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 6:25-34;&version=9;

Maybe you have already read these verses..

Do not stop taking Holy Communion (if you have been doing so and if you are prepared for it .. repentance/confession) to give you peace..
    In your break you can read the bible,

Also Eat breakfast, Excercise maybe to get rid of stress or something..
    maybe get some fresh air..

Maybe use the time that you normally use for worrying or something when you wake up for prayer and bible reading..

Maybe also go on tasbeha.org less often.. im not sure..

I should do those things too when I have stress.. I say and do not do sometimes..

God be with you brother!

• Believe me I KNOW what you are talking about. Last year I finished school( I'm homeschooled) IN August, and the year before, it was July (they were 'not so good grades'). THIS year, 2006, I will be finishing early May WITH good grades. The change is I made myself a schedule and stuck to it, secondly, I was honest with my parents so they know the situation( I learned that the VERY HARD way in fourth grade.....whew! ) Plus, do you know of any willing tutors, helpers -whatever works-

Begining this year, I was getting consistent C's and F's in Algebra, now with the help from my favorite saint, and dad( he is a genius with math), I have gotten my fifth 100% in a row for my tests. YIPPEE!!! sorry 8)

KEEP YOUR PARENTS UP 2 DATE WITH YOUR PROGRESS IN SCHOOL BELIEVE ME IT IS NOT WORTH THE "BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS" (and acne) to suffer when there is a remedy.
  • Talk to God, through prayers, and ask him, listen to some hymns or songs on tapes or cds or online, don't go out with friends during school days, and don't talk to anybody unless your done with your homework, ask for extra credit, ask for extra work, set a plan with your teacher if you could retake some tests! PERSEVERE! :D

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • ;DI am in prealgebra which is like a year or so ahead of what im supposed to be in , same with last year, but in elementry i used to have the highest grades, but when i got into middle skool in the more advanced classes i was starting to slip behind, every one was smarter then me and i had no idea what they were talking about so i buckled dow, i didn't do anything until homework waz finished and my mom aways checks my homework. Also i am very honest with my parents cuz when i get bad grades my parents go easy on me cuz i try hard but i am the one that always gets mad at myself. I always do extra credit even if i have a 100 % just in case my grades slip. U shuld let ur parents help u and dont be afraid to ask for help and go in at opp period. And study for tests, but before u sleep u shud review what u did that day in ur head so u dont forget it . Ask for gods help,go to church and REALLY focus. When i am stressed out i wake up in the middle of the night, i dont go to sleep and i alwayssssssssss make lists in my head and then on paper , i make so many lists my room is full of them. Get ur priorities straight and ask ur teacher for help

May god help u
    Luv
    Mary

God Bless ;) ;D :) :D ;)
  • 1. take tutoring...
    2. organise your time more efficently
    3. get alot out of the same hour
    4. take one day of study to concentrate on that subject...n learn it WELL...from top to bottom...
    5. pray
    ;D
  • I'm probably going to just reiterate what everyone already said but I understand your stress..I'm under a lot of stress with school work as well..but the only solutions I have found are:

1. Praying
    2. Fasting
    3. Studying your backbone off (literally)
    4. No phone, tv, internet, etc..
    5. Optimism

But definitely be logical..all things make sense with logic..
  • I can really relate to your situation! I am a sienor in high school and it feels like everything needs to be done at once! I too have a huge problem with math and did fail it but i took summer school (witch really only was 3 weeks), I passed and the grade was taken off my record! I didint think i was a summer school person either, but i did what i had to do and i seemed really smart compared to some of the kids there lol! Throughout my high school career i have done good in classes and bad in some so I had trouble this year when I was applying to colleges~ What I did was apply to a comunity college and I plan on transfering after 2 years. It is almost like going all 4 years to a university! My problem is that i am lazy and also the queen of procrastination! Enjoy the time you have now and try not to stress yourself out yet u will have pleny of stress later >:(lol Just try to do your best and pray! besides its still early in the semester ;)

GBU,

Susy
  • Hi
    I can't fully relate to your problem as Algebra was my best subject, but I went through this situation with other courses through out school and university and here is what I suggest:

1) Go talk to Abouna. I am sure you might be having a problem (either with your parents or family, a friend or just board of school) go tell that to Abouna even if you explode and cry, just get it out. I prefer you talking to Abouna rather than any of your friends because they might not give you the good guidance.

2) After sharing with Abouna and clearing your mind, go home, relax and sleep. Don't set the alarm nothing just pray and sleep as much as you want.

3) Pray and be sure that the Lord is holding your right hand. What is Algebra compared to the power of the Lord. Have faith that you can do all things in Christ.

4) Start studying in a structured way. If you just look at the books, you will think that you would never be able to finish and panic. Start dividing the number of chapters, say today I would finish Chapters 1 and 2 and solve the execises. Tomorrow Chapter 3 and so on.

5) Ask for help. After reading a chapter and the examples if you still don't understand, go ask your teacher or get a tutor. Check if someone in your family or friends is good with Algebra and could help you.

6) Enter the exam relaxed and sure that God will help you to solve the exam and get a good grade.

Don't start thinking too much about the future (oh I will take a summer school, I will never get to collage) these thoughts make you panic more. Instead whenever any of these ideas cross your mind just say my future is in the hands of my dear heavenly father. Who feeds the birds and takes care of the whole creation and He is taking care of me so I should not worry.

Do your part and God is doing his part. May the Lord gives you peace in your mind and help you.
  • Ok, i think that minayou just gave you some really nice asnwers. and so did everyone else, but i think that you should NOT be afraid just like lots of people said, to ask anyone. for exapmple, i always ask my bro to help me with math and other things. my mom explains things to me and helps me work out problems when im revieing, that i dont get. and my dad studies with me and helps me review tons of social and science stuff. they are great and im glad that they can help me
  • [quote author=ServantOfJesus link=board=10;threadid=3334;start=0#msg49211 date=1141277502]
    I'm probably going to just reiterate what everyone already said but I understand your stress..I'm under a lot of stress with school work as well..but the only solutions I have found are:

1. Praying
    2. Fasting
    5. Optimism

Did anybody catch the first 2 solutions ServantOfJesus found, Praying and Fasting, we had a discussion about this yesterday in Sunday School, and our Sunday School teacher told us that we can not fast whatsoever the reason is after the 55 days are over, we can not fast the normal fasts, so everyone can understand you could still take communion, like fast 9 hours-or more, but after the 55 days, you can not fast for 50 days! Youo could also fast the wednesdays and fridays but not in the 50 days, that will help also!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Just pray and Calm down...God knows ur troubles....so just let it be according to his will...do not worry it be ok ..just do as much as you could and God will reward you and then do not forget to thank Him...He is simple and love
  • That's very well said A lost sOul, and welcome, glad to have you here, and hope we hear from you often!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • To be honest with you, just study, if you were good at it and now "suck at it" then start studying. Give up all the other stuff you do (such as T.V.) and start studying. its as easy as that
  • Hey egyptianorthobeaut,

Please keep us updated and lets us know if the replies were any helpfull. My advice to you is:

[glow=red,2,300]Practice[/glow]
    Algebra needs prsctice. Dont go over the material the day before the test and expect to do well. Not gonna happen.

[glow=red,2,300]Time[/glow]
    Practice needs time. Take time out of watching TV, surfing the internet, thinking about the problem "clueless", looking at your acne in the mirror ;D, etc.

When studying, time was always my enemy. I do my best to get control of it otherwise it will take control of me. Dont let time slip off your fingers and leave you behind everone else.

[glow=red,2,300]Up to date[/glow]
    Dont let things accumulate. Little rocks can build up and look like a big mountain. Do your homework up to date and do it neatly so u can go over before the test.

[glow=red,2,300]Dont be afraid to fail[/glow]
    Fear is the road to failure. Clear your mind and say "I can do it and you will do it" Let me tell you "A man is not finished when he is defeated, but when he quits" May be u failed in the past, but I am sure u will do it, just dont quit.

GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND
  • Thank You AthanasiusTheApostolic and everyone else. i think everyone was helpful. i am actually doing much better in algebra with the help of God and Studying. and i realized that my dad is like an algebretic genious. he really helped me. and i am doing better in it. i am sooo glad. but thank you sooooo much everyone. i appreciate it. ;D
  • [quote author=Coptic Servent link=board=10;threadid=3334;start=15#msg49368 date=1141663654]
    [quote author=ServantOfJesus link=board=10;threadid=3334;start=0#msg49211 date=1141277502]
    I'm probably going to just reiterate what everyone already said but I understand your stress..I'm under a lot of stress with school work as well..but the only solutions I have found are:

1. Praying
    2. Fasting
    5. Optimism

Did anybody catch the first 2 solutions ServantOfJesus found, Praying and Fasting, we had a discussion about this yesterday in Sunday School, and our Sunday School teacher told us that we can not fast whatsoever the reason is after the 55 days are over, we can not fast the normal fasts, so everyone can understand you could still take communion, like fast 9 hours-or more, but after the 55 days, you can not fast for 50 days! Youo could also fast the wednesdays and fridays but not in the 50 days, that will help also!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent

Yes, Coptic Servent is correct. Throughout the rest of the year though, fast if you really need God..Fasting is quite effective..it shows that your strong desire to acquire the help of God..sometimes praying just isn't enough..
  • In prayer and fasting, I just wanna touch on this, it is known as a time where God can touch into your problems a lot more. So, if your friend or you can do an extra bit of fasting on her time or his time, then that would be great becuase you are offering to God a promise to fast if he promises to hlep you. Trust me, it works, cause Ive done it before.