Mark 14:43-44

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
Mark 14:43-44 (King James Version)

43And immediately, while he yet spake, cometh Judas, one of the twelve, and with him a great multitude with swords and staves, from the chief priests and the scribes and the elders.

44And he that betrayed him had given them a token, saying, Whomsoever I shall kiss, that same is he; take him, and lead him away safely.

From

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark 14:43-44;&version=9;

Could the chief priests not recognise Jesus? Could the Jewish Servants... from the temple not recognise Him?

Comments

• They heard so much about Him, they seen him everywhere. There are two reasons for this; first, they wanted one of his own to give him up which will support their case and make it looks like they are not accusing him, since his own people gave him up. And second, they were so afraid of the people, they wanted the capture to be sudden and fast. They were hiding and waiting for the perfect moment to jump in and get this done quick.
  • sorry can u please explain the question for me?
  • Why did Judas kiss Jesus? did not the chief priests already know what Jesus looked like?
  • because it was late at night (that's what ihv heard) and they couldn't recognise him from the disciples..
  • Oh that might be the reason... thank you.. but I think it might be a different reason or more than 1 reason..
  • yes i agree with you :)