Discrimination against muslims...

edited February 2006 in Faith Issues
2. At Saint George Sporting
a. Father Pishoy made a striking decision when first building the Church of Saint George, that he hired a Muslim artist to paint the Christ in Glory on the eastern wall of the sanctuary and the images of the four evangelists on the dome of the church.
b. Father Pishoy said a great artist was needed to do this work and he would not discriminate against a Muslim if he were the best qualified in Alexandria at that time.

From a word document (?)

You can download the word document (?) from? ..
http://www.stgeorgechurch.org/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=119

Click on download file

I think I would probably maybe discriminate against muslims in this case (?).. so that was maybe a surprise to me... Do you think what he did is right?

Would God help a Christian who follows Him paint well?
What if someone needed someone to draw Christ.. would christians be able to draw Christ better because maybe they have a better sense of what Christ should look like?

Comments

• First you must realize that Fr. Pishoy Kamel is a man of great faith. I would not be surprised if he had been inspired by God to make this decision. Is it not possible that the Muslim artist will be moved by this experience. Also, for a Muslim artist to take the personal risk of persecuation by fellow Muslims for helping Christians worship our Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ means a lot.

• you very right kibo

fr bishoy kamel was known and is still remembered today for his great acts of kindness.
    this issue that youve stated is probably of a minor concern to him at that time, if not, he wouldt have considered that a muslim man couldnt do the job
  • i really do hate it hoe people really do discriminate against muslims...we treat them like another race...

what happened to love your enemies??
  • Hey mikeforjesus, i think that there is nothing wrong with Fr. Pishoy Kamel's descision. He as right to get the best qualified in that position. :)