Prayer Power Over Evil Spirits

http://fathermakary.net/video/10-2-06p.wmv
ÇáÇÈ ãßÇÑí íæäÇä æ ÈÑßÉ ÕáÇÉ ÇáãÑÖí ÈäÚãÉ ÇáãÓíÍ áÉ ßá ÇáãÌÏ

Comments

• Please notice that the girl is Muslim. God bless our church, our service and our priests. God bless Egypt.
  • Where was this
  • a very interesting video!! Thank you for sharing it ;)
  • yea this was interseting
    but jus a few questions:
    (a) where did u get this from?
    (b) who was the priest?
    (c) was their more than one girl who was possesed?

thanks
    mazza
  • Abouna Makary is known to cast out demons in a lot of people...I think he just got it from his website....http://fathermakary.net/..there is a lot more info on there.

Sorry if your question was directed to AthanasiusTheApostolic..I just heard a lot about him before.
  • Makary Younan is an ex- priest in the Coptic Church, he was suspended by the Holy Synod because of his protestant teaching. If you no to read Arabic this is the link to confirm that.

http://st-takla.org/FAQ-Questions-VS-Answers/04-Questions-Related-to-Spiritual-Issues__Ro7eyat-3amma/021-Resignation-of-Abouna-Father-Zakaria-Botros.html

He is doing exactly what the Tele evangelist are doing of letting people fall on the ground. This is not an Orthodox practise, the Holy Spirit uphold the believers up not putting them down on the ground.
  • i dont get it, what was wrong with the girl, why did he ask her what the cross was? how was so she possesed?

so many questions... ???
  • i think that was a VERY INTERESTING video to watch.
  • .......but like, i still don't understand what exactly happened ???
  • Safaa...that website is mostly on abouna Zakria Botros...I know that one doesn't serve anymore in the coptic church...but I never heard anything about abouna Yonan Makary..I think he is a well known priest and still serves in Egypt...in The Morkosia Church in Azbakia
  • Marianne87,
    ÅÓÊãÚ áäíÇÝå ÇáÇäÈÇ ÈíÔæí íÊäÇæá åÐÇ ÇáÃãÑ ÈÇáÊÝÕíá¡ ãä äÇÍíÉ ãÔßáÉ ÇáÞãÕ ÇáÓÇÈÞ ÒßÑíÇ ÈØÑÓ¡ æãÔÇßá ÃÈæäÇ ãßÇÑí íæäÇä¡ æÐáß ÈÏÚæÉ ãä äíÇÝÉ ÇáÃäÈÇ ÅÈÑÂã ÃÓÞÝ ÇáÝíæã Ýí ãÄÊãÑ Ýí ÏíÑ ÇáÃäÈÇ ÇÈÑÇã: ÅÖÛØ åäÇ ááÅÓÊãÇÚ Ãæ Þã ÈÊÍãíá ÇáÚÙÉ ßÇãáÉ ãä åäÇ: (40 ÏÞíÞÉ)

You can listen to it at the end of the web site I quoted before.

He is doing a lot of trouble to the Coptic Church in Egypt.

• yeah i heard it after i wrote that...sorry
  • No problem Marianne, I know that Zacharia boutros has got the big share. Both of them are not priests in the Coptic Church.
  • But both of them are still wearing the priest clothes...
    Do u know why it said he still serve in The Morkosia Church in his website thou?
  • Our Church dose not have the legal authority to enforce on whom to wear or not to wear the priestly cloth. The Coptic Church asked the Egyptian government to have that right but they refused to granted it to the Church.

On his web site, I am sure, he can’t say that he is an ex-priest, so he goes by his last church.
  • oh ok...thanks Safaa :)
  • mazza: the website is www.fathermakary.net and the priest is Father Makary Younan. Yes, it appears that there was more than one girl possesed. At the beginning of the video there were more than one girl screaming at the back of the church when Father makary approached them.

Safaa: Father Makary is not an-ex priest as u claimed. The video I psoted was taken a couple of days ago. Please be carfull with your assertions.

josephgabriel: it looks like that the girl was bling because she was possesed. Father Makary Younan asked her afterwards to prove that she can see again.

• Actually AthanasiusTheApostolic...he is an ex-priest, hear the sermon (if u know arabic) on the website that Safaa put...and u will know what he did and why the church is against him.
  • AthanasiusTheApostolic,

I would like to ask you a question, Do you think a real Coptic priest who is pious, humble and has integrity would do an advertising on his web site about his extraordinary gift of casting out demons?
    A Coptic priest who would have such a gift from the Holy Spirit will try to hide it, otherwise it would be taken from him.

As Marianne 87 advised you, try to listen to the web site provided previously, or ask a grown up to translate it to you, if you do not know Arabic. It is from Metropolitan Bishop Anba Bishoy, Secretary of the Coptic Church Synod.
  • I can read, write and speak arabic fluently. I listened to the audio file and there was nothing about Father Makary :-\. I will relisten to that file again when I get time.

I posted a video that I though it is an interesting one. People watched it and agreed with me that it is interesting video. The question is "Why u did bring up the ex-priest conversation?" and who u to say "otherwise it would be taken from him"

Why u think of it as advertising or braging?! Which priest implied that to u?! I belive that bible says "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven" (Msthew 5:14-16)

Moreover, thousands believed in Christ after they have seen his diciples casting demons and doing miracles. It is clear in the video that the girl's mother managed to kiss Father Makary's hand then he asked her to thank god not him. This means that he is humble, doesnt it?

All what I ask is that dont judge others and say oh this priest is humble and this priest is not. U are no one to do so. "Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged: and with what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you again" (Mathew 7:1-2)

Finaly, if Father Makary is not humble, is not pious and doesnot have integrity, why he has that gift from God?!! Y God has not taken this gift from him yet?!! ???

• Forgive me if your comments were directed to Safaa...but I have to say something here.
    When the Pope or someone who is of an authority in the Church says that the service of this priest should end..then I think it's very clear as to why we shouldn't listen or watch them do whatever...
    There is people here in America who cast out demons or who claim to do such a thing...should we go follow them or praise on their acts of casting demons...ok you might have one virtue...but your whole teaching are wrong. Judas had all those things and Jesus gave those virtues to all disciples including Judas...does that mean he is pure at heart...definetly not...so in the same sense...we shouldn't do that with priests and other people...aka..there is no need for that to be in a coptic website...so people could praise him about his doings when all his other teachings are wrong.
    If you relisten to the part in the sermon about someone who yelled at a bishop and so on...that's where Anba Bishoy was talking about Makary Younan...and he said very clearly that they stoped his service and what he did and why the Church considered him not to be a priest anymore...he even said that they got all his books out of all the Christian bookstores.

"Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven." Matthew 6:1
    I think that verse is very clear on why what he is doing isn't right...when he has a website of showing people what he can do...

if Father Makary is not humble, is not pious and doesnot have integrity, why he has that gift from God?!! Y God has not taken this gift from him yet?!!

Like I said above...He gave the same thing to Judas...Judas wasn't humble...God is very patient on His children...
  • Judas?!! What virtues did he have? I was talking about the miracles that disciples did after Christ, after they recieved the holy spirit. Did Judas survive? I recall he killed himself even before Jesus was risen. hello!!!!

[quote author=Marianne87 link=board=13;threadid=3232;start=15#msg47996 date=1139981625]
    "Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven." Matthew 6:1 I think that verse is very clear on why what he is doing isn't right...when he has a website of showing people what he can do...

This versus is about 'acts of righteousnes' like helping the poor, donating money and so on and is compleltely out of point, sorry. For God sake, what u think the impact of this miracle on this Muslim girl ?? I would say that she would convert to Christianity. This was 5 min miracle. Isnt that a glory for Christ. Think about it this way: Father Makary made the heaven happy for the return of a loose cheap. Who we to judge if he deserves to be a priest or not. We are sitting behind our screens and having a difficulty to attend Church 4 Sundays in a row and guess what: we are judging priests.

Again I would like to say that Father Makary screamed at the girl's mother when she tried to thank him and he asked her to thank God. it is humble, isn't it? Consider that this video was shot by someone else and was posted on a website that doesnt belong to Father Makary. It would be fine then?? Just because Father Makary is not advertising it. Please dont be subjective. What about hundreds of monks all over Egypt who are known for miracles and recieve hundreds of visitors in the monasteries all over Egypt. Are they not humble, not pious, and dont have integrity as well, according to your assertions. What about the priest that was involved in the miracle for Fareeda Al-Zomor's grandson and his pictures were all over the internet, is he humble or not?

The difference is that during the disciples time there were no internet and news used to trasfer from person to person. But now there is internet and news are transfered audio video. What is the big deal about it? God's glory has to reach every spot in the whole word and this is one way to do it.

[quote author=Marianne87 link=board=13;threadid=3232;start=15#msg47996 date=1139981625]
    There is people here in America who cast out demons or who claim to do such a thing...should we go follow them or praise on their acts of casting demons...ok you might have one virtue...but your whole teaching are wrong.

I dont know about those people u r talking about and I dont understand how come someone whose whole teaching is wrong could possiboly have any virtues. Because I was raised in Egypt I can safely say that I have never heard of any Muslim who did at least one miracle. Simply becasue they dont follow the Lord Jesus Christ. But you are talking about people whose whole teachings are wrong and have virtues. This does not exist. Your point is not acceptable, sorry.

I would like to add that specifically the virtue of casting demons is from God. Recall when the Jews called Jesus lord of demons becasue he casted demons infront of them.

The audio file is not dated and it is not clear if it was updated or not. It is not clear if further decissions were taken or not etc . All what I am sure of at this moment is that Father makary video was shot in a Coptic Church in Egypt which mean that he is an authorized priest (period) and he still serve in this Church and I have relatives that attend his service.

there is no need for that to be in a coptic website...so people could praise him about his doings when all his other teachings are wrong.

Why u think that people will only praise him?!! When I saw the vidoe I said glorified be the name of God Jeus Christ. Father Makary himself kept saying by the name of Jesus. Let me answer your question: the need is to glorify the name of God.
  • [quote author=AthanasiusTheApostolic link=board=13;threadid=3232;start=15#msg47928 date=1139892500]
    mazza: the website is www.fathermakary.net and the priest is Father Makary Younan. Yes, it appears that there was more than one girl possesed. At the beginning of the video there were more than one girl screaming at the back of the church when Father makary approached them.

thank u
  • Judas?!! What virtues did he have?

"He called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out evil spirits and to heal every disease and sickness. These are the names of the twelve apostles: first, Simon (who is called Peter) and his brother Andrew; James son of Zebedee, and his brother John; Philip and Bartholomew; Thomas and Matthew the tax collector; James son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus; Simon the Zealot and Judas Iscariot, who betrayed him." Matthew 10:1-4
    He gave all his disciples that gift including Judas...who wasn't righteous..does that mean he didn't cast out demons from the period that was given to him until he hanged himself...

For God sake, what u think the impact of this miracle on this Muslim girl ?? I would say that she would convert to Christianity.

It doesn't mean she will...don't come into conclusions over something you don't know...if that was true..any of the million muslims that had miracles would have converted..then we would be a christian country...but guess what we aren't...know that or not...suzanne mubrak had a miracle by Pope Kyrollis himself...did she convert...i guess not...Abd el Nasr's daughter had a miracle from the pope as well did any of them convert...i guess not. He is not even a priest for her to become a Christian because of a miracle. A lot of muslims believe in stuff we believe in...doesn't mean they will convert. Plus why are u so sure of him...what makes u so sure she even had a demon in her and at that point in time...it was casted out...You weren't there and none of us were...so it might as well not have happened at all.

Think about it this way: Father Makary made the heaven happy for the return of a loose cheap.

If you know that she converts for sure then you would be right...but you don't.

What about hundreds of monks all over Egypt who are known for miracles and recieve hundreds of visitors in the monasteries all over Egypt. Are they not humble, not pious, and dont have integrity as well, according to your assertions. What about the priest that was involved in the miracle for Fareeda Al-Zomor's grandson and his pictures were all over the internet, is he humble or not?

Again...they are priests and monks...not an EX-PRIEST...and by the way it was a bishop who was involved in Fareeda's grandson..and a well known bishop...again not an ex-priest.

Simply becasue they dont follow the Lord Jesus Christ. But you are talking about people whose whole teachings are wrong and have virtues. This does not exist. Your point is not acceptable, sorry.

Actually there is a lot of them who do...just gogle it...you will find hundred and hudred of websites about people who cast out demons...and in fact that's not my point...Listen to that audio by bishop Bishoy and you will get what I am talking about...so argue with him not me.

I would like to add that specifically the virtue of casting demons is from God. Recall when the Jews called Jesus lord of demons becasue he casted demons infront of them.

I don't get your point what does that have to do with anything...God can give that gift to anyone He wants.

Why u think that people will only praise him?!! When I saw the vidoe I said glorified be the name of God Jeus Christ.

Yeah you would do that...others won't...
  • AthanasiusTheApostle,

I read your replied to my last post, and I thank Marianne for her excellent comments, actually I personally benefited from her insight.
    I just want to quote something from the Holy Bible to support what Marianne have already posted.
    1- “Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you; but rejoice that your names are written in heaven." Luke 10 : 20

2- For false Christs and false prophets will arise and show great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. Matthew 24 : 24

3- "Not every one who says to me, `Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
    On that day many will say to me, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?'
    And then will I declare to them, `I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.' Matthew 7 : 21-23
    The will of Church is the same as the will of God, for God has given the Church to loose and bind. Matthew 18 : 18

4- The whole problem of Makary Younan is that he is a Protestant disguising as a Coptic priest. So why are you defending him so much if you are a Copt?!!!!

5- “ For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother, and sister, and mother." Matthew 12 : 50

6- As always HH. Pope Shenouda says “ The blessing shall abide on the son of obedience. “

7– I will end by quoting another verse from 1 Samuel 15 22 -23 “ And Samuel said, "Has the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.
    23: For rebellion is as the sin of divination, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. “.
  • What about these verses?

Mark 9:38-40 (King James Version)
    38And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.

39But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.

40For he that is not against us is on our part.

From
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark 9:38-40;&version=9;

And can satan cast out satan?

Those people who will perish even though they cast out demons in Jesus' Name ? how were they able to cast out demons? did they believe in Christ and follow Him for some time and then later fall away?
    How come the LORD says "I never knew you" ?

• Marianne87: U went to many tangents and u left the main point alone. U kept commenting my comments and never mentioned anything about the main point. I dont see any insight in what u said and u stressed on the ex-priest thingy. Let me repeat that the video was shot in A COPTIC CHURCH on 2-10-2006 which means Father Makary still serves there. U are sorting priests in 2 categories ex-priests and priests where certain attitude is acceptable from preists or "well known bishops" and not acceptable from ex-priests.

Just quickly (because I am falling asleep :D) about the muslim girl: I asked "What u think would be the impact?" Then I said "I would say" and I did not state it as a fact then u wrote a whole paragraph criticizing me for not being sure and I never said for sure. All what I meant is if she converted.

As I said the conversation became so divergent. Your past post doesnt have the word Makary at all which is the conversation is all about. I can comment on every comment that u have but it will divert the conversation then become useless not sightful as Safaa thinks.

Safaa: U dont understand why I defend Father makary so much, do u? I was raised in Egypt and I know a lot about him and I had 100s of his tapes and he had a great effect in my spiritual life. I dont know about u guys what he is to u?! Marianne87 said she heard about him and I dont know about u Safaa. You constructed your argument because u read or heard that he is an ex-priest then you sat infront of your screens criticizing him. Imagine if I told u that your FOC is an ex-priest, arent u gonna defend him and wouldnot care about what others say about him. Father Makary means a lot to many and many people. I attended many of his services and he had a great imapct on me and my family. He was a good shepard of his church and thats what the priest is all about: A Good Shepard. People use to come to his meetings from all over Cairo. He was loved and popular. So please dont just sit behind your screens and criticise his service. Can u offer a better one?!!

You guys stated that he is an ex-priest. My main point was "I dont think so" Btw I was talking to a friend (who lives in Egypt) of mine the other day and I asked him if Father Makary is an ex-priest he said "eh elhabal da = this is nonsense".

I feel the heat of the conversation is rising. I dont want the conversation to turn into argument. Afterall I am here to get the blessing of this forum and make more friends. Nevertheless, I am not that kind of people who would amen for whatever u say.

I think this would be my last post for this thread cuz it is out of point 3 posts ago :D
  • [quote author=mazza link=board=13;threadid=3232;start=15#msg48004 date=1139992058]
    thank u

U welcome any time
  • Sure AthanasiusTheApostolic...you can stop arguing about it...doesn't mean you are right...I am not going to take someone's words over a bishop words..period :)
  • AthanasiusTheApostolic,

Imagine if I told u that your FOC is an ex-priest, arent u gonna defend him and wouldnot care about what others say about him. Father Makary means a lot to many and many people

From a couple of sermons or a little more a true Copt can identify a Coptic priest from a Protestant who pretend to be a Coptic priest. So my FOC would had not been a one like the person we are taken about.

On this Forum we do not criticize any person for the sake of criticism, otherwise it would be a sin of condemnation. But at the same time, we as a Copts can’t watch someone advertising a priest who was suspended by the high authority of the Coptic Orthodox Church, the Coptic Synod presiding by HH. Pope Shenouda III, and do not react.

I am glad that you ended the conversation, I greatly value you as a member of this great Coptic Orthodox forum.