Revelations

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hi!
I'm really interested in the book of Revelations. At one point we were studying it at church but we've stopped, and in any case i couldn't really understand much...
I know this book is full of symbolism and stuff and i guess that's what makes it intriguing.
Has any1 previously conducted a bible study regarding the book of revelations and if so, cud they help me with how to go about reading it, etc.
P.S. If som1's already started a similar topic cud they plz direct me 2 it cos i'm not sure.
thanks, bye ;)

Comments

• http://www.coepa.org/tNG/cnt_download.php?id=297&dname=Download2tNG/cnt_download.php?id=297&dname=Download2

Download File    03SN27 - Commentary on the Book of Revelation - Small    
    Father Tadros Y. Malaty
  • it doesnt work
  • copy and paste the whole link.. do not click on it.
  • i know that...thats what i meant...the whole link doesnt work
  • no luck 4 me :(
  • me neither.. maybe you should check the link again?
  • http://www.coepa.org/downloads.php?nav=downloads

Go to

Books then

Go to

03 - Commentaries - Small

And near the bottom of the page you might see

03SN27 - Commentary on the Book of Revelation - Small

?
  • yeah it works now thanks heaps!!! :)
  • There is a bigger commentary I think maybe at
    03 - Commentaries

Page ? 2

near the bottom

03N27 - Commentary on the Book of Revelation
  • Revalation is the hardest book in the bible to understand. It is what heaven is and it St. John the beloved wrote down what he was allowed to write. He tried to use words to describe it but there are no true words to describe it. There is only one real clear way of understanding it and that is seeing what he saw.
  • Andrew Saad, maybe you are just having a little trouble understanding it, and btw I'm think of doing a Sunday School lesson on this, because I want to show everyone and make sure that they know the signs of the Second Coming, and ask Abouna what he can give me for DETAILS!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Its not that I didnt understand it. I can understand the signs but there is no real way of telling what everything St. John saw means. This is what i ment. If you can tell me what everything means ill be glad to read it, but im pretty posotive that if he himself could not attain, explain or really even tell what he trying to say, then there probably no real understanding of it. This is one of those things in which a person must focus their lifes work on to understand. It would be easier to see then understand than to read and try to understand, because sometimes God needs us to wait to find out, just like the seven thunders, what they said will be known to no human until we depart this world and enter the Kindom of Heaven. Of course what God wants us to know He will let us know and understand.
  • I agree with some of the tings you say Andrew, but i still believe that if God didn't want us to read this book, he would not have asked St. John to write the things that he saw. I think this book, of all books in the bible is perhaps the most valuable because it gives us hope that no matter what trials we face in the future, if we are patient and faithful, we will attain the kingdom of heaven. We do not need to understand every detail of the book to gain some value from it.