standing before class in church

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hello

I just want to know how many people on this forum are giving sundayschool lessons/ al7an lessons or any other lessons in church? (and if u dont mind, plz tell me ur age and the childrens age)

And tell me why u started 2 give and if u like it 2 stand b4 class or not.

Comments

• Hi Marian, I teach Sunday School lessons, and I used to teach children how to play the deaf and the tiranto (triangle), I do feel comfortable teaching this, because it's about God, you should feel proud, that you are preaching and teaching others about God, that they can benefit from, I teach the Sunday School lessons to 8th graders, which I am one, so I'm going to leave you with that for now, and for the deaf and tiranto I used to teach from like 2nd graders-8th graders, My priest does not mind, because I performed for H. H. Pope Shenouda III's visit to Minnesota, with the Deaf, I started because, I thought that I just need to change how I act, and preach and speak more about God, so others can know if they did something wrong, and how to feel better about it, I feel kind of shy, but at the end, when I feel that people learn something from my lesson, because in Sunday School, we always ask, "what did you learn", and than my friends tell me they loved the lesson, so that makes me feel incredible and my self-esteem is higher, I feel that I just touched someone's heart today!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • wow thats incredible

may god bless you and your efforts ;)
  • Thank you so much mazza, I deeply appreciate it!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • hi,
    i am not really a sunday school teacher nor an alhan teacher but i am going to be soon enshslah..and last week we went with the kindergarten class and we had so much fun teaching them and sitting with them..and i think teaching little kids or not just little kids..u r trying to let them benifit from what u know and ofcourse i love standing infront of a sunday school class!

GBU
    sandra
  • [quote author=Coptic Servent link=board=1;threadid=3083;start=0#msg46094 date=1137799801]
    Hi Marian, I teach Sunday School lessons, and I used to teach children how to play the deaf and the tiranto (triangle), I do feel comfortable teaching this, because it's about God, you should feel proud, that you are preaching and teaching others about God, that they can benefit from, I teach the Sunday School lessons to 8th graders, which I am one, so I'm going to leave you with that for now, and for the deaf and tiranto I used to teach from like 2nd graders-8th graders, My priest does not mind, because I performed for H. H. Pope Shenouda III's visit to Minnesota, with the Deaf, I started because, I thought that I just need to change how I act, and preach and speak more about God, so others can know if they did something wrong, and how to feel better about it, I feel kind of shy, but at the end, when I feel that people learn something from my lesson, because in Sunday School, we always ask, "what did you learn", and than my friends tell me they loved the lesson, so that makes me feel incredible and my self-esteem is higher, I feel that I just touched someone's heart today!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent

thats soo cool coptic servant!

GBU
    sandra
  • Thank you very much sandrahanna, I very much appreciate it! That is great to hear that you feel comfortable and love standing infront of your sunday school class!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • id love to be teaching sunday school but im currently in my last year of school and with final exams :-\ :-\ im afraid i wouldnt b able to make a commitment to my class so wen i finish this year- god willing il teach, all my friends that have currently finished year 12 (or 12th grade- whatever lol) are doing servent preperation (like learning how to become sunday school teachers) then they can teach, in the meantime, ill get back to my books ::)
    take care and please pray 4 me
    ur sister in christ
    marina
  • God be with you mazza, ya you do have to take servant preparation in able to teach Sunday School, but you still need Abouna's approval in able to teach a specific lesson!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • I've got much RESPECT for people who are active in church, especially in the sundayschool. ;)

Copticservant, Sandrahanna and Mazza: may God B with u

And Mazza: wish u good luck wz ur final exams.

Btw Copticservant: it's great that u, a young GIRL, can play the cymbals (deaf)!!
  • [quote author=marian6 link=board=1;threadid=3083;start=0#msg46344 date=1138225887]
    Copticservant, Sandrahanna and Mazza: may God B with u

Btw Copticservant: it's great that u, a young GIRL, can play the cymbals (deaf)!!

Thank you very much marian6, May God Be With you too, and thank you, I very much appreciate it, my cousin, (abouna's daughter) in Egypt taught me the deaf and the tiranto, yes in america you call them cymbals, but I love the name deaf for it!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Well, I have taught Sunday School before. The first time I taught I was in 6th grade and so was the rest of the class and now our teachers are picking times to have us teach and we are in seventh grade now and its really cool becuase you can teach a saint and/or you could probably ask to give a lesson, but we have been forgetting lately. ::)

Anyways, thats a great question? But, have you ever given the lesson to a class?
  • well in my sunday skool...the students were to give a lesson each week..we had it in a table...whats her name on week x....n we could talk about whatever....

it was interesting...

however that was only for opening service..then we had another lesson by our sunday skool teacher!!
  • [quote author=MarMar91 link=board=1;threadid=3083;start=0#msg46346 date=1138226954]
    btw coptic servant, cud u teach me to play the def? lol.. cuz im trying, but it just won't come.. I have never been good at any instrument i ever tried, including my voice..lol

ensha Alla I'll get it soon tho...

Sure MarMar, don't worry for God is with you, btw if you have any of the messengers besides yahoo and msn, I know that you don't have msn, but I have aim, or I can email you to teach you how to play and how many times you slam it!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent