I have this girl in my class and...

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
I would just like to hear what you all would have to say about this. I have this girl in some of my classes and one day last year meaning from September to December this boy said to the girl, I heard you drink, don't lie you said...kaza...kaza and than today I asked her do you really drink? and she replied yes, sometimes, and I was shocked, most of her friends don't know this, but she said I don't get drunk or anything, what should I do if this problem keeps occuring to her, please don't respond, talk to her, because I'm afraid she will pressure me into doing it, but even though God is with me nothing wrong will ever happen, but still I was very shocked hearing from her the words "yes, sometimes" should I pray, should I talk to my FOC, I did that, but I will next week enshalah!

Forever,
Coptic Servent

Comments

• I definitely think that you should pray, talk to your father of confession, kaza...kaza...kaza... all you can spiritually to combat such a situation. You should also train yourself to combat such situations. I mean, when you feel the strength to try to bring a person away from doing an evil then do it. A suggestion is to try not to not combat the situation alone but to have another person, who has the same beliefs and would prevent you from getting involved with drinking, to be with you when you talk with this person. That way you have "a person to lean on" and that person has you "to lean on", if you get what I am saying. You rely on each other to remain strong in your faith, belief, and values, concerning this matter. You must first ask yourself, of course, if you are ready to do such a thing, for if you are you would be serving God. If you personally can't get involved than you have the option of either letting that person go or trying to get help for that person. (I think we know which one is the better one to choose!) Please forgive me if I am stretching this issue a little bit too far or if I am not answering your question or if I misunderstood the whole thing altogether. I am such a hypocrite in saying all of these things but if you have a power to do what I said then that would be best. In my experiences I have seen far far far worse than just people drinking. I suggest that you learn how to combat this issue before you see the real evils of the world.

Please pray for me always,
    Believer in God
  • Thank you Believer In God, no you were right, you understood what I meant, but I am not in training therefore, I am afraid to get pressured into doing such, I am going to talk to my FOC and see what he has to say about this situation, he gave me wonderful and benefitable advice, I know only 2 girls I am friends with and understand me well, that can help me, one doesn't know the girl, the other knows her, but she does not know that she drinks, I am very afraid that it will harm her in the future, and I am also afraid that she will turn worse, do you think I should do something about it, talk to my FOC, or just stay away from her?

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • I definitely think that the best thing to do in this situation is to talk to your father of confession. Your father of confession is definitely wiser than I am and can probably guide you better than I could. About you staing that it might harm her, how do you think that it would harm her, just so that I may understand your perspective on this? If you meant that it would probably harm her emotionally, than I say to you that spirituality comes before emotions. It is spiritual and it is physically wrong to drink alcohol excessively. If you weigh it on a balance than you may see that to harm her emotionally is better than to harm her spiritually and physically, at least I think so. You must also be careful of her mental state because if you crush her emotional relm than that can cause her to make decisions that would get her into really big trouble. Try to be a friend with this person and know her before you take anystep in trying to help her. What I would not advise you to do, although, is to just stay away. As children of God we have service to the Lord and that is to serve others also, so that they may believe in Him. When you try to do something about another person's personality, etc... then you show that you love that person and as the Lord said to love your eenmies you would be doing according to oneof the commandments of the Lord. If you fell that you can't do anything then you try to allow another person to do something about it, who is greater in dealing with this issue than you are, for example a teacher, councellor, etc... Like I said before, I am a hypocrite in saying these things because I don't know if I would do what I am telling you to do, but you sefinately show that you love this girl and that you are in an effort to change her ways. May the Holy Spirit guide you and teach you what to do in such a serious situation. Please, although, forst ask your father of confession before you pursue anything I tell you to do because I have no authority to tell you what to do,nor am I wise to tell you what to so in this situation.

Please pray for me always,
    Believer in God
  • I would never try to harm her (hurt her feelings) she will understand if I helped her (not sure), but my point here is that she needs to let go of this addiction and be careful, it will harm her in the future meaning when she is older she will have a difficult time (physically), and btw she is 13 and the drinking age here is 21, 8 years difference, I am going to be talking with my FOC and my friend that is very close to her, and will try to change her mind about drinking alcohol, but first permission from FOC and advice from FOC! Again, I appreciate all that great advice Believer in God!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • umm yes i have a friend who drink aswell...

even when she was at the age of 14....umm not much..like a glass of wine a day and the ocassional beer....i didnt do anythign becasue i didnt see it as a major thing...

now i think she grew out of it..but she is like drinking v and red bull once every morning...

for those who dont know what they are...they are um...can any Australians help me out...with what V and red bull are....
  • there's red bull in america, but i dont know what V is...
  • Yes, we do have red bull in america, also I haven't heard of V before, but red bull is an energy drink it's for athletes, like Gatorade!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • umm. hi coptic servent. i also believe that you should talk to her because it will get addicting no matter what she says and no matter what she does, she cant really stop now... i think you should talk to your FOC or a responsible adult that your FOC can trust. its a lot easier if you pray for her because you can't always control this kind of situation... Wait, do her parents know about this? because trust me... in a couple of years... she'll be drunk and u wont be able to do anything because if you read what "why" said you cann tell that once you have started you can't stop. i think that you shouldn't really be a really good friend, because she could take you away from God and we learned that in Sunday School... the fact that u should pick your main friends from church because they can bring you closer to god... but all you know is that she could bring you farther away and she could have a bad influence on you if she can get you to do it too. im not sayin you would, but the devil could tempt you to follow her. pray for her and talk to your FOC.

GOB BLESS
  • Thank you CopticChica21 for that, she said that she doesn't go to church, I am going to talk to my FOC about this situation, it is very complex and I'm kind of scared and I'm scared for her! Before I do anything I'll make sure to contact my FOC during confession!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Nice desicion Coptic Servent. You're FOC will know what to do. ;) :)
  • Thank you josephgabriel, I appreciate it, my FOC gave me great advice, and helped me out a lot!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent