does God have anything to do with it

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hello, i was just wondering if something bad happens to you, you turn to God and blame it on him. i am confused because i def. think that is not the way to go. but my friend thinks that way. i don't know?! :( ???

Comments

• its right to turn to God, but its not right to blame it on him... everything happens for a reason... if you become sick, its for a reason... if you fail a test (unless you havent studied), its for a reason... if somebody hurts you, its for a reason... what im trying to say is that God doesn't always hand you everything on a silver plate... there are certain things he does that you come out of stronger than u went in...

he never said if you follow me you will never feel pain or suffering... he however said that if we believe in him we will be redeemed. look at the saints for an example. there are trials and tribulations they went through, endless ones! but they had something many of us lack. trust in the lord. trust that he will diliver you and you will be dilivered. trust that he will never forsake you and he will never forsake you. trust that everything is by him and through him, at that point nothing can ever shake you even the smallest bit.
  • Ecclesiastes 7:14 (King James Version)

14In the day of prosperity be joyful, but in the day of adversity consider: God also hath set the one over against the other, to the end that man should find nothing after him.

From
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ecc 7:14;&version=9;

Ecclesiastes 7:10-12 (King James Version)

10Say not thou, What is the cause that the former days were better than these? for thou dost not enquire wisely concerning this.

11Wisdom is good with an inheritance: and by it there is profit to them that see the sun.

12For wisdom is a defence, and money is a defence: but the excellency of knowledge is, that wisdom giveth life to them that have it.

From
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ecc 7:10-12;&version=9;

Maybe you should read these verses out to him/her or maybe he/she is not ready for these words?
  • hey christine,
    well..if something bad happened..i guess u know that EVERYTHING that happened in this world doens't happened without god's permission.
    so..if something bad happened this is god's will..and it might be something bad and coming something it something good..so who knows!!!!!

also..i would like to add that god gave the man free will..so..when a person does something bad its his choice but also with god's permission!

GBU
    sandra
  • Everyone's answers were fantastic, I got to add to that if you don't mind, on Christ4Life's post, she said the word Trust and trust in the Lord from what I understand, a logical explanation to this, is there are to kinds of trust that are most important, trusting and trust in the Lord, Trusting--meaning you trust in anything, anyone or anybody, trust in the Lord--meaning you are knowing and following the word of God, In the gospel today, it was talking about when Jesus told Peter to take his hand and the most believeable miracle occured when Our Lord walked on the water, and than Peter didn't have any faith and just literally fell, and than Jesus caught him, and taught him a lesson about faith, the importance of trust and faith is very logical, and also the most 2 words to get confused sometimes, and you can't blame God, Our Lord has suffered for our trespasses/sins, Our Lord lets the devil tempts us sometimes to test us, whether in trust or faith like in the story of Jesus on the water in Matthew!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • oh, so i get what all of you are saying. thank you, that was very helpful

God Bless ;D