end of the world...

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hi everybody.. i just got a simple quesion..

alot of ppl are saying that the end of the world is sooner than you think.. but i dnk

what are some signs of the end of the world and the 2nd coming of Christ... could i plz have a list of them

thanks

Comments

• well i am not sure about a lot of signs but they say the world will end when the sun explodes. and that is in 5 billion yrs.
  • i'm sorry i think it is 50 billion yrs.
  • The truth is that no body knows the exact day which the end of the world will be. There are signs that the Lord told us to look out for, but those who say that they know the exact date speak falsely. There have been things, such as the Bible code, which try to explain this by stating that the end of the earth will be in some year, like 2012. These are all false statements because no body knows, not even the angels of the Lord know the time. Listen not to those who try to tell you these things but always be aware of your spiritual life with the Lord. Make sure that you are ready for the end of the world every day of your life.

Please pray for me always,
    Believer in God
  • ^^^^

alll scientific information... nothing to do with the bible...

some signs in the Bible are lots of earthquakes, new technology, the rising up of antichrist's, ect....
  • How do you know that the end of the world will not end before the sun explodes? These types of scientific statements I consider to be inaccurate. This is because these scientific theories are just esimates and are not necessarily the truth. What if something happens to the sun that allows it to explode before the fifty billion years are up? We can't be sure of what science tells us because science does not explain things as they will happen, all the time. Remember also that those who utilize the scientific theories and conclusions are humans and they are apt to make errors. These humans are like us and know not everything. We must make sure to believe only that which the Lord has provided us and not rely on science for answers, especially about such a delicate matter.

Believer in God
  • well, i am not saying to rely on science. i am just saying what i know (from school anyways) but that is all and of course, as all of you said, the bible and God are the only things that we can REALLY rely on and could be accurate with.
  • no i am asking for signs from the Bible that tell us that the end of the world is near... is there something about isreal and palastine?
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=1;threadid=3075;start=0#msg45986 date=1137709788]
    ^^^^

alll scientific information... nothing to do with the bible...

some signs in the Bible are lots of earthquakes, new technology, the rising up of antichrist's, ect....

here are some... and yes it does have something to do with isreal and palestine going to war...
  • i think were in the end of the world- but just the beginning

1. - '...and you will hear of wars and rumours of wars...'
    well thats happening all around the world

2. the temple of Solomon has been built underground

3. the rising of new technology (soon, we will have only cards and numbers that run our lives and when that begins, be very scared)

4. '...and there will be earthquakes, famines and pestilences such as the world has never seen...'
    have you notcied how its becoming very common
    * we had tsunami
    * earthquakes etc etc

all we need to wait for is the anti-christ and then the massive war between sunni muslims and shia muslims so they get wiped out and then the population of jews to convert to christianity.

so we still got a long way to go but open your eyes, because we could leave the world tomorrow :-\

• that sounds scary. i wish this doesn't happen for a LONG time. and we did have alot of hurricanes and a few earthquakes. eeeee! :'(
  • Try reading the book in the Bible Revelation.
    Signs that Jesus is coming is:
    * The sun will turn black
    * the moon will turn into blood
    * Jesus will come down riding in a cloud
    * a man performing miracles that will look exactly like Jesus wll come, telling you he is Jesus, but he's not. If you don't believe him, he will kill you, but this means you will become a martyr.
    * Many more ways iare in the last book in the Bible, Revelation
  • Thank you a lot for that George M, I also believe that you should look in Revelations, I heard about the moon will turn into blood! I heard also that Revelations is a scary chapter, because it tells you all the signs of the Earth or the World in general that it will be OVER!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Mina A.,

You asked a very important question:
    . what are some signs of the end of the world and the 2nd coming of Christ?

I think the most definite sign, at least for myself, is when my life on earth shall end. At that time it does not matter any thing that I worry about, the question at that time would be “ Am I ready for that moment? ......Did I heed the saying of the Lord “ What dose it profit a man to gain the whole world and loose or forfeit his soul. “?

That really is the scary time!!!!!
  • “ Am I ready for that moment? ......Did I heed the saying of the Lord, I got to say that I learned a lot from that Safaa, thank you! I just have a quick question, we all say that we have to be ready, right? well, those are signs, do they have to happen, because they have to happen in able for the world to end right?

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • [quote author=Coptic Servent link=board=1;threadid=3075;start=0#msg46075 date=1137785406]
    Thank you a lot for that George M, I also believe that you should look in Revelations, I heard about the moon will turn into blood! I heard also that Revelations is a scary chapter, because it tells you all the signs of the Earth or the World in general that it will be OVER!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent

i just read revelations, i dont remember reading that...
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=1;threadid=3075;start=15#msg46081 date=1137791775]
    [quote author=Coptic Servent link=board=1;threadid=3075;start=0#msg46075 date=1137785406]
    Thank you a lot for that George M, I also believe that you should look in Revelations, I heard about the moon will turn into blood! I heard also that Revelations is a scary chapter, because it tells you all the signs of the Earth or the World in general that it will be OVER!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent

i just read revelations, i dont remember reading that...

You don't remember what?

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • I think that these verses in the Holy Bible clarify that the moon will turn into blood.

Joe 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the MOON into BLOOD, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.
    Ac 2:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the MOON into BLOOD, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
    Re 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the MOON became as BLOOD;

Believer in God
  • wow, and are people gonna kill eachother, because i do remember reading that somewhere....? ???
  • i dont think we should be questioning when the world will come to an end because it is God's decision. It will happen when it happens... science cannot proove anything against our God.

Coptic Love
  • i disagree with you egyptianorthebeut. Yes, the end of the world COULD be wen the sun explodes but it doesnt mean that it cant be sooner.
    like am i the only one that sees the sgins?...nation rising against nation..etc.
    It could be in 5 billion years but it COuld also be sooner then you think. You should always be ready

~Daughter Of God
  • who cares when the end of the world will be..we all should be prepared in any second that could happen..who knows when the sun is gonna explode..NO ONE DOES..and don't tell me its science..bec. what r scientest?..they r human beings just like us!

GBU
    sandra
  • Hi guys,

The end of the world can't be after billions of years! Paulus said it's going to be soon so it might take another 1000 years, where I think it's sooner than that!!
    Another point is that it doesn’t say that the sun explodes in end of the world! I think that comes from your Fantasies, because if the sun's Volume increases just by 1% there wouldn't be Life possible on earth!!!! What it says is that the sun will turn dark, which could be caused by the moon or air pollution!
    On the other hand we should be more concerned about our death, which is our personal end of the world and that can happen at the very second or a little later!!! ;)

Glory to God, Amen!
  • The end of the world can't be after billions of years! Paulus said it's going to be soon so it might take another 1000 years, where I think it's sooner than that!!

are you guyz just guessing #s?

GBU
    sandra
  • well..its either he meant saint paul or paulus is some scientest that i have no clue who he is!

GBU
    sandra
  • I didn't read all the things that were written so this mite be repetitive, but all those things have absoulety no deal with the bible because the bible isnt scinece. theres a lot more to it. It's all in Revelations, but god could make it happen anytime, whenever he wanted to because he is God and he knews the future and he can command anything to happen. So, the best way to live your life is to confess, repent, be strong in the faith of the lord, and take serious measure of temptations and watch out for YOUSELF and no one else. ;D I hope I helped.
  • From the The Orthodox Study Bible Page 119
    It seems to me some or all orthodox churches do not believe there will be a single tribulation period... The time when christian saints were persecuted and became martyrs ? may be considered part of the tribulation period according to orthodox I think maybe...

Is this true?
    I dont know if I understood what I read from The Orthodox Study Bible correctly...

• First of all, i really like this topic! I think its important in giving us the 'bigger picture' of life. Reading a book like Revelations, i think will set straight our priorities!
    I think we are already seeing signs of the second coming. The world is becoming more and more corrupted and the frightening thing is, many ppl are unable 2 distinguish right from wrong, like wat previously wud've been considered wrong has become normalised into society and made OK despite being against our christian values, and the bible.
    For example, soo many churches nowadays have bcome extremely lenient with their doctrines...they have changed them 2 suit the times and ppls desires which is absolutely ridiculous!
    Even without the AntiChrist, satan is alive and well and is seeking 2 mislead and devour every1.
    Anyways got a little bit carried away...oh well just my thoughts ;)
    P.S.Sorry JesusisKingofKings i'm not sure wat u r asking but i dont think i have the experience 2 answer ur question neway,lol
  • [quote author=Cherry88 link=board=1;threadid=3075;start=15#msg47453 date=1139411398]

First of all, i really like this topic! I think its important in giving us the 'bigger picture' of life. Reading a book like Revelations, i think will set straight our priorities!
    I think we are already seeing signs of the second coming. The world is becoming more and more corrupted and the frightening thing is, many ppl are unable 2 distinguish right from wrong, like wat previously wud've been considered wrong has become normalised into society and made OK despite being against our christian values, and the bible.
    For example, soo many churches nowadays have bcome extremely lenient with their doctrines...they have changed them 2 suit the times and ppls desires which is absolutely ridiculous!
    Even without the AntiChrist, satan is alive and well and is seeking 2 mislead and devour every1.
    Anyways got a little bit carried away...oh well just my thoughts ;)
    P.S.Sorry JesusisKingofKings i'm not sure wat u r asking but i dont think i have the experience 2 answer ur question neway,lol

That is a really good explanation Cherry88, that was wonderful about what you said that even without the antichrist satan is alive and is seeking to mislead our beliefs, well, I just reworded it a little bit, but that was really a fantastic explanation!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Everything you learn......... in school in the street or at home or on tv......... will almost always be scientology......that is completly against our religion. (it has to do with evolution and styff like that) so the predictions they make are based on that information.
  • [quote author=Andrew Saad link=board=1;threadid=3075;start=30#msg49718 date=1142099500]
    Everything you learn......... in school in the street or at home or on tv......... will almost always be scientology......that is completly against our religion. (it has to do with evolution and styff like that) so the predictions they make are based on that information.

I never knew that before Andrew Saad, thanks for that, most people believe in myths or theories, and because of those theories our belief will shrink down, because myths and theories are useless, they are fiction most of time, like 75% of the time it's wrong, unless they have some type of proof! I take Earth Science, and my teacher told us lots of myths people believe in, and I just listen and say to myself this is ridiculious, even their proof is ridiculous and out of this world, (and I don't mean it in a good way), like here is one of their so called beliefs, they believe that the Earth wasn't created by God, but something else created it!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent

Forever,
    Coptic Servent