having religious dreams

when i was little, i would have a lot of dreams about Jesus and saints and Mother Mary and etc. i always wanted to know if jesus was trying to tell me something, is this true? ???

Comments

• I answered, "there are no such things as religious dreams" because, it all dreams, but I also think the first one at the poll, "I think whoever has religious dreams is a great experience, it is, but dreams are dreams, you can have religious ones, you can have good ones, you can even have bad dreams, but when you sleep and you need your sleep how? your body functions in all sorts of ways, and when you need your sleep your body automatically shuts down, (don't worry, your heart still works)! I don't really think it is your fault if you have religious, good or bad dreams, because your not controlling it, correct?

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Hey I have a question

I know it has not much to do with this topic, but what should you say to children who are afraid of an apparation of a saint.

Ok, I know this sounds weired, but I know lots of children (about 12 years and also some youth) who are afraid of this.
    They all tell me that they know that it is a great blessing if a saint appares to you and that he/she doesnt want to scare you, but they still dont want to see him/here in front of them.

Does somebody know what to answer or is there anyone also afraid of an apparation or knows somebody who is??
  • I hope this answers yours, it doesn't sound weird, but give them pictures of any saint(s) and give them or show them tapes of saints, and than share storys about St. Mary's apparitions, I think that will really help them out, and if it is an issue or a fear, than ask your FOC which he will give you GREAT advice!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • this happened to me when i was little. my mom's friends saw a saint one night appear at her room and my mom told me about it and i was sooo frightened that if it will happen to me. so i used to close my door. but then i thought about it as i grew older and i relized that it would be one of the best things that has ever happened to me. i would be so blessed. so now, i hope that a saint would appear to me.
  • No but the fair started after they heard about the apparations. Some girl I know even get nightmares from it!

But talking with my/their FOC is maybe a good idea :)
    Thnx
  • yeah, talking to your FOC will def. make them feel MUCH better.
  • fair??? -->fear

thanks egyptionorthobeaut 4 sharing
  • infact one of my religious dreams, Mother Mary was standing next to the porch door and i went down stairs and saw her and in my dream i screamed and ran away. and she told me not to be scared of her and told me to take her hand. it was a long time ago, but it really made me feel better and much confortable about seeing saints
  • your welcome Marian6
  • [quote author=egyptionorthobeaut link=board=10;threadid=3072;start=0#msg46019 date=1137719813]
    infact one of my religious dreams, Mother Mary was standing next to the porch door and i went down stairs and saw her and in my dream i screamed and ran away. and she told me not to be scared of her and told me to take her hand. it was a long time ago, but it really made me feel better and much confortable about seeing saints

That is such a sweet, beautiful, and peaceful dream! Thanks for sharing that with us egyptionorthobeaut!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • oh it is a sweet, beautiful and peaceful dream. it was a wonderful experience that i wish i would have again and so so can everyone else
  • i have a question, when you have these religious dreams, does that mean that God expects much more from you, (pray much more, don't get into trouble, read the bible more, etc.)
  • [quote author=egyptionorthobeaut link=board=10;threadid=3072;start=0#msg46109 date=1137812992]
    i have a question, when you have these religious dreams, does that mean that God expects much more from you, (pray much more, don't get into trouble, read the bible more, etc.)

This could be it. Many people had divine visions which caused them to have a revelation. After the dream, the becam better Christians etc. Many saints, likewise, also had visions and dreams which led them to do extraoridinary things.
  • everytme im at the monestary the monks tell us lots of stories about this and how many holy people have been brought down by these things , the best way to deal with somethign like this is to talk to your foc before thinking anything of it because the devil can trick u in many ways by trying to make you prideful

just my thoughts ,pray for me
  • That is very true StVictor and cop, thank you all for sharing that, it is very appreciated!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Yes, thank you very much. we all def. appreciate it. Thank you St.Victor and cop.
  • i have one more question, are you more likely to have religious dreams when you are small child ? many people agree to that, is it true????
  • in some cases , god may be. the best person to get this info. from is your FOC... he prolly knows.

MoNStER
  • i just knew but i am not sure if it is true that ur dreams are wht u think of al day long and your body remembers them in such a weird or out of order that it doesn't make sense like ur real day

i don't know is that true??
  • i think it might be true. sometimes it happens to me. sometimes when i think of something all day (good or bad), i don't even dream of it or anything that has to do with it. when i think of something for like a few minutes in the whold day, it comes in my dream. it is freaky. it does not happen much to me. ???
  • [quote author=Coptic Servent link=board=10;threadid=3072;start=0#msg46002 date=1137716618]
    I answered, "there are no such things as religious dreams" because, it all dreams, but I also think the first one at the poll, "I think whoever has religious dreams is a great experience, it is, but dreams are dreams, you can have religious ones, you can have good ones, you can even have bad dreams, but when you sleep and you need your sleep how? your body functions in all sorts of ways, and when you need your sleep your body automatically shuts down, (don't worry, your heart still works)! I don't really think it is your fault if you have religious, good or bad dreams, because your not controlling it, correct?

Forever,
    Coptic Servent

THis is incorrect. God controlls everything he gave you life and can take it away. He can give you dreams and make them have a meaning no one knows what they mean or why he does it but Him.
  • Actually, sometimes some people understand the visions, or dreams, of God. This is, of course, because God gave them this ability, according to His will. For example, Isaiah the prophet and Joseph, in the Old Testament, were able to interpret dreams. These people were obviously very spiritual and their lives with God were surely amazing. Forgive me if I misinterpreted any previous replies, but I was just getting that point straight.

Please pray for me always,
    Believer in God
  • MY FOC always told me that when i have had dreams where saints have appeared to me that it is an indication that God is sending his beloved saints to strengthen you. Always remember God appears to us in many different ways. What about all those saints and righteous people who have had visions from God or had religious dreams. Have you thought about that!!! Do not doubt Christ in your life.
  • speaking of religious dreams, I had one only once when I was about 5 or 6 years old and i can never forget it. I was at my house n my family were all there and I saw Jesus and I ran and hugged him and and he looked so beautiful. I dont remeber the exact colours he was wearing but there was some blue white and red i think and he has long sort of wavey brown hair and that beard ofcourse. I also remember while i stood beside him I was the only one who could see him in my dream, i yelled to my dad and everyone sitting there look its Jesus but they all looked away because they couldnt see him. Than i woke up... Nice dream lol
  • omg when i was young i had the best dream ever! Jesus came over my house for dinner and i was sitting in his lap and we were eating molokhaya lol no but rly it was suchhh a nice dream
  • u r so lucky taht u experienced that dream...i one time had a dream of pope kryillos. . It was a nice dream...
  • The Lord comes to His children!!!!He said Let the children come to Me. The best dreams are from above. I have personally dreamt several times of pope Kyrollos visiting me and had dream of St Mary. In all dreams i woke up and it was if they were in my room. What a heavenly feeling. Sometimes i feel like Pope Kyrollos is walking around my home at night time protecting my family........May their ntercessions be with us all. Amen

:)
  • i have ah friend who gets this dream every year round the same time.. when this nun comes to her && every time shed be like ill c yu nxt year :S ii think thats scary ! but i think it stopped now. dunno ?
  • Is this person religious? Maybe God is sending her a message via the nun
  • yh maiiebe ..