Abbrevations

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Hi,
I would like to start a chain that is about Abbrevations, I like to do a lot of Saints! I have done this is the past, with my friend, here are some examples if you do NOT understand still:
Pope God Saint
Kyrillos Is Mary
Is Love Appeared
My In
Intercessioner Egypt

Forever,
Coptic Servent

Comments

• I still don't get it? Are you trying to make acronyms? None of them spell words though. What does PKIMI mean?
  • [quote author=KBibo8 link=board=11;threadid=2847;start=0#msg43784 date=1133741354]
    I still don't get it? Are you trying to make acronyms? None of them spell words though. What does PKIMI mean?

You can just write anything like that, do you have a favorite quote, verse, or even names, then just make any, and they don't have to spell out a word, you can just spell anything!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • I know these abbreviations aren't about saints but i'd like to share them with you guys anyways:

BIBLE= Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth

EVIL= spelled backwards= live

PUSH= Pray Until Something Happens

3 nails + 1 cross= 4 giveness

WWJD= What Would Jesus Do?

BOC= Beloved of Christ

FROG= Fully Rely on God

NOP= Need Of Prayer

NOP+
    Youstina
  • Thank you so much Youstina S for sharing with us, those are wonderful, they don't have to be about saints, but I said that so everyone would know that you can't say anything that is disrespectful or unappropriate!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Those are acronyms not abbreviations. Those I get, but I still don't get the ones that Coptic Servent posted before. My favorite so far is PUSH.

For clarification:
    Acronym: A word formed from the initial letters of a name, such as WAC for Women's Army Corps, or by combining initial letters or parts of a series of words, such as radar for radio detecting and ranging.

Abbreviation: A shortened form of a word or phrase used chiefly in writing to represent the complete form, such as Mass. for Massachusetts or USMC for United States Marine Corps.

• DOG- depend on God
    FBI- firm believer in Jesus (ye i no the 'j' bit but i dunno thats how it is)
    GAP- God answers prayers

ye thas all i got for now

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    plz pray 4 ur sis

• DOG- depend on God

srry that one made me laugh...lol...is tht even right to say ;D
  • ASAP: always say a prayer ;D
    this is one i always get mails about for some reason 8)
  • then in this case it might as well mean always send a prayer ;)
  • these were GREAAAT ppl!!

doc: daughter of Christ (dunno if u want son of Christ!..maybe soc, ok?)

EVIL= spelled backwards= live

that is scary actually! why? i've neva thought about words backwords
  • I got a few more:
    GIAT=God is always there
    TLIT=The Lord is there
    YATISW=You are talented in some way

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • wow that is too much i like'em! allll

GBU
  • I got some about the Old Testament:

FCAAE: First Came Adam and Eve
    TCCAAS: Then Came Cain, Abel, and Seth!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • wow where d u get these ideas from?

GBU
  • I guess you just need to think about the Bible, I got that from the Old Testament!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Coptic Servent could you explain to me the intention behind these acronyms. I am used to the concept that an acronym has to be easier to remember than the whole phrase. This makes it easier to remember or say whenever you need it. However, all of the acronyms you give are harder to remember than the phrase that they represent, because there are a random organization of letters. For example, I realy like GAP, because it is a word in common usage and whenever I use the word gap now, I will remember that "God Answers Prayer." However, FCAAE, TCCAS, YATISW or any of the other acronyms you posted are harder to remember than the original phrase. In fact when typing them, I had to remember the original phrase to know how to spell them. To me this seems to defeat the purpose of an acronym. Maybe you have different criteria for acronyms than I am used to. Please explain.

As another example, I would never use LJPLKGFGS, to remember that the fruits of the Holy Spirit are Love, Joy, Peace, Longsuffering, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentlness, Self Control. The acronym is just harder to remember than the original.
  • Here are more acronyms...some i got off the net:

CIA- Christ Is Alive

CHRIST- Certainly His Resurrection Is Supreme Truth

GOD- Great Omnipotent Deity

BIG- Believe In God/ Bold In God

CUBE- Christianity Unites Believers Everywhere

FAITH- Fantastic Adventures In Trusting Him

WWF- World Wide Faith

JOY- (prioritize) Jesus, Others, Yourself

BASIC- Becoming A Soldier In Christ

GAL- God Always Listens

GIG- God is Great

FIG- Faithful in God

DVD- Don't Venerate the Devil

TV= True Vanity

This one is not an acronym but i thought i'd share it:
    a CH_RCH isn't a church without 'U' in it

Youstina S
  • [quote author=Youstina S link=board=11;threadid=2847;start=15#msg44035 date=1134028520]

This one is not an acronym but i thought i'd share it:
    a CH_RCH isn't a church without 'U' in it

awesome stuff youstina :D also for the last one i hav a pic and it ses wats missing in ch rch
  • GOD- Great Omnipotent Deity

what does omnipotent and deity mean?
  • Omnipotent: One having unlimited power or authority

Deity: a god