Valasius
    Valerian
    Valentine
    Varus
    Vincent
    Virgil
  • J
    Joseph
    John ( I like St. john the beloved because he used to put his head on Jesus's chest; and listen to His heart, which beats with beats of love for the whole world)
    V
    Victor (this is the name name of a martyr who is the son of the samaritan woman, St. Photini)

I think "v" is kind of a hard letter,
    o also Ambeht posted 1 name "Valerian" just beware if u plan on naming a kid Valerian, yes it is a saints name but is also a name of a king/emperor who killed and persecuted many christians, i believe he is the 1 who did so right before Diocletian
  • True, names often have baggage - I like the name Joseph a lot, but wouldn't want anyone to think of Stalin or Goebbels if I chose it for my child.

Valens, Valentine and Victor are also names associated with Roman Emperors

PS I thought Marcus Aurelius Numerianus (aka Numerian) was followed by Diocletian and that Valerian ruled way before Diocletian
  • Julian

thats my favorite name..i luv it!
  • does it have a meaning?
  • Julian - latin origin, meaning downy-haired, youthful.

While I understand wanting to keep family traditions or to inspire (didn't Bill Cosby choose E names for his kids to remind them to always excel?) I agree with MarMar - if you really like a name, go with it.
  • Vincent
    i have question about this name
    is that saint
    does he coptic orthodox saint ?
    if anyone knows he story please send it to me if not than that ok
    i just want to know what his name mean and where he is from?
    how old he was?

• St. Vincent of Lerins was not Coptic, he lived in Western Europe. His feast day is celebrated on May 24 on the Eastern Orthodox Church. Also, since he predated Chalcedon, he is most likely an Orthodox saint.

The following is from a Greek Orthodox source:

St Vincent was born in Toul in Gaul; he was the brother of Saint Lupus, Bishop of Troyes, who was a companion of St Germanus of Auxerre. St Vincent was first a soldier, then left the world to become a monk of the renowned monastery of Lerins, where he was also ordained priest. He is known for his Commonitorium, which he wrote as an aid to distinguish the true teachings of the Church from the confusions of heretics; his most memorable saying is that Christians must follow that Faith which has been believed "everywhere, always, and by all". He wrote the Commonitorium about the year 434 AD, three years after the Third Ecumenical Council in Ephesus, which he mentions in the Commonitorium, and defends calling the holy Virgin Theotokos, "She who gave birth to God", in opposition to the teachings of Nestorius which were condemned at the Third Council.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/xenos/syment.html
  • Vincent is of latin origin and means 'conquering'.
  • Vincent is of latin origin and means 'conquering'

tht sounds a bit strange!
  • the name doesnt sound good dunno
  • I guess the name thing is pretty subjective and like lots of things there are trends and fashions.

Vincent is maybe not so popular now as it used be but there are still lots of people with the name including Vin Diesel, Vinnie Jones, Vince Vaughn and Vincent D'Onofrio.
  • Jacques (james in French)
    Jean (John in French)
    Vincent
    Vladmir
    Vassilios (Saint Basil) - a very good name. It also means "King" in Greek.
    Vassili (Russian for Basil)
    Victor

• Justin (my favorite) Also, Jonathine

This site is for J's
    http://www.babynamesworld.com/boys-names-2-j.html

This site is for V's
    http://www.babynamesworld.com/boys-names-2-v.html