Who is your favorite saint?

edited November 2005 in Personal Issues
I know this is weird, but i wanted to know who everybody's favorite saint was for a church party

Pope Kyrillos

Comments

• i luv al of them but where is pope kyrollos and abouna tomas and all those saints??
    GBU
    sandra
  • Hail to Mary, Mother of God.
    Whenever you see the sun
    Magnify her, glorify her,
    she was chosen to bear the Son

Hail to Mary, queen of heaven
    on the right side of the King
    All the nations and forever
    praise to her we always sing.
  • Ya same here, i cant really choose, lol. but wheres st athanasius and pope petros (seal of the martyrs)? Those 2 are my patron saints. Its obvious why pope petros is, lol ;). Ya but not just cuz my name is peter, its just his story is so awesome. You guys should read it sometime, u can search for it on the synixarium at copticchurch.net.

-Peter
  • well ya all of them are great saints, but like i said this is for a church party on one saint. the saints that are on the poll are the one's voted by the kids. But we couldn't choose which one because each kid has a different favorite. So those are the saints the kids want. so you guys vote

Pope Kyrillos
  • hmm..i get it!!
    now i have 2 diff. saints i can't choose between them :-\
    oh..well..i choose saint mary..she is the best!!
    GBU
    sandra
  • I think there should be more saints to choose from I mean this picture that I have you can't choose from any probably because there are so many varities, I chose St. Mary though because St. Mary is the head of the martyrs!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • well out of those my favorite is st george, but as long as saint mary is in the poll, it has to be her of course. :-\ this is hard.
  • [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=board=10;threadid=2788;start=0#msg43032 date=1132769518]
    well ya all of them are great saints, but like i said this is for a church party on one saint. the saints that are on the poll are the one's voted by the kids. But we couldn't choose which one because each kid has a different favorite. So those are the saints the kids want. so you guys vote

Pope Kyrillos

nansy i think u didn't read that!
    GBU
    sandra
  • have u heard of Amba Makarious...the bishop of Quena (my home town) he is my favourite saint!!!!!
  • I chose St. Mary though because St. Mary is the head of the martyrs!

St. Mary isn't a martyr, she died a normal death and was raised to heaven not martyred, she is the Head of all saints but not of all martyrs.
  • yer Marriane...thats correct!!! but i think she meant she is the head of all the saint...especially the martyrs....head pf any martyr
  • [quote author=sandrahanna link=board=10;threadid=2788;start=0#msg43177 date=1132893118]
    [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=board=10;threadid=2788;start=0#msg43032 date=1132769518]
    well ya all of them are great saints, but like i said this is for a church party on one saint. the saints that are on the poll are the one's voted by the kids. But we couldn't choose which one because each kid has a different favorite. So those are the saints the kids want. so you guys vote

Pope Kyrillos

nansy i think u didn't read that!
    GBU
    sandra

Hi,
    ya, I chose St. Mary, but at the same time yes marianne that is correct and thank you Why for explaining it, very appreciated, she is the head of all the saint, that's why we mention her first when we are asking for an intercessioner--through the intercession of St. Mary and all the saint...!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • wow Coptic saints...they are the most amazing and admirable people...their blood was the cost of our faith ....and its because of them that our faith was preserved...
  • whoops
    Not St. Mary the mother of god
    I mean St. Mary of Egypt
    Sorry

PK
  • [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=board=10;threadid=2788;start=0#msg43196 date=1132948149]
    whoops
    Not St. Mary the mother of god
    I mean St. Mary of Egypt
    Sorry

PK

ok then change of mind...i like ST.Bishoy
  • ok thanks we got St. Barsoum the naked as the next theme Saint for the party cuz we did all the other saints And we have a bio tape of st. barsoum.
    Thanks for all your votes

PK
  • hey hey how come u dont hv any female saints in ur thingy only saint Mary?

nvm

i LUV all saints this is SO HARD MAN!!!
  • i changed my mind i vote for saint mina!
    GBU
    sandra
  • whats ur favorite saint mnc-hnn??
    GBU
    sandra
  • mine is saint pishoy. he has such a remarkable story and got the oppertuntity to carry and touch our lord God and Savior JESUS CHRIST, and besides that i visited him monastary in Egypt and it;s gorgious.
  • that is soooo hard i thought about it alot but what can i say i love them all i can't say omg