edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
why doesnt god help us all the time ???

Comments

• Good question. Define what you mean by "help"
  • God helps us in alot of ways, but sometimes we dont notice his help
    God looks over us and protects us
  • With this I agree
  • God protects us all the time
  • smilies:P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::)
  • i mean when we ask some thing he doesnt really anser all the time
  • God knows when he should help you, it's all in his hands, it's like a wish, when you wish for something it waits for the moment to come, and maybe we don't believe in wishes, but at the same time, God has a specific time when he knows it's the right time to answer you, sometimes it needs HARD and LONG prayers to have him answer you! Hope that helped a little!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • hi,
    lets see u pray for 3 hours to god and u say "god..plz i wanna kill that person or plz god let him get run over by a car"do u thing he is gonna listen to u?
    i mean god does listen to u when its something good and benifits u and not benifits u and harm someone else!

GBU
    sandra
  • why doesnt god help us all the time is because he wants to teach us something, and what is the point of life if everything is fancy shemancy?

its not like,
    dear god i didnt study, help me on this test.

rather while you are studying you say
    "dear god, open my mind, i need you to help me study for this test"

and dont just ask god for help when ever you need him. because, its those times that you need him when you remember him. like a death of a family member? u question God and ask him why and you begin to pray and fast wishing for forgivness. yet at wedding, who cares? this is a joyus cermony lets not care about GOD! no no no! god does help, you just dont realize it.

yesterday when you crossed the streets, a car could've hit you [god forbids] and you could've died [god forbid] and god could've slowed down that driver or walked you safly to the other side.

its that things that you dont see that matter. trust me, god's help is for ever enduring and ever lasting
  • [quote author=~*CHIPSY*~ link=board=10;threadid=2827;start=0#msg43646 date=1133572285]
    why doesnt god help us all the time is because he wants to teach us something, and what is the point of life if everything is fancy shemancy?

its not like,
    dear god i didnt study, help me on this test.

rather while you are studying you say
    "dear god, open my mind, i need you to help me study for this test"

and dont just ask god for help when ever you need him. because, its those times that you need him when you remember him. like a death of a family member? u question God and ask him why and you begin to pray and fast wishing for forgivness. yet at wedding, who cares? this is a joyus cermony lets not care about GOD! no no no! god does help, you just dont realize it.

yesterday when you crossed the streets, a car could've hit you [god forbids] and you could've died [god forbid] and god could've slowed down that driver or walked you safly to the other side.

its that things that you dont see that matter. trust me, god's help is for ever enduring and ever lasting

That was an absolutely interesting and outstanding answer *CHIPSY*, got a lot of information off that!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • God helps you every single day. It is enough that he passes the day in peace and brings the night, and passes the night in peace and brings the day. It is enough that you are still in good health, have a roof over your head and food in your stomach. There are people out there that can't find a piece of bread to eat, and live on the streets. There are many things God does that we do not realize. Another reason God does not answer our every request right away is patience. He wants you to be patient, it is a virtue you must accquire. It also may not benefit you. You may think it will, but unlike God, you cannot see into the future and know what is best for you and everyone else.
  • [quote author=sandrahanna link=board=10;threadid=2827;start=0#msg43638 date=1133564618]
    hi,
    lets see u pray for 3 hours to god and u say "god..plz i wanna kill that person or plz god let him get run over by a car"do u thing he is gonna listen to u?
    i mean god does listen to u when its something good and benifits u and not benifits u and harm someone else!

GBU
    sandra

Those are excellent responses, sandrahanna and Christ4Life, I learned a lot!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent

[quote author=Christ4Life link=board=10;threadid=2827;start=0#msg43661 date=1133578772]
    God helps you every single day. It is enough that he passes the day in peace and brings the night, and passes the night in peace and brings the day. It is enough that you are still in good health, have a roof over your head and food in your stomach. There are people out there that can't find a piece of bread to eat, and live on the streets. There are many things God does that we do not realize. Another reason God does not answer our every request right away is patience. He wants you to be patient, it is a virtue you must accquire. It also may not benefit you. You may think it will, but unlike God, you cannot see into the future and know what is best for you and everyone else.
  • ty for ansering me ;D
  • Sometimes the very hidden motives of God become revealed at later moments of time. It is beacuse we confine God's will to our dimension of "time", we believe He has not answered our prayers. Yet, since Our Lord pervades the very components of time; that is to say He is timless; His reponse occurs at moments that He finds appropriate for our spitual growth. He's always helping-- maybe just not when we expect it.
  • gmankbadi
    u sound like u dont kno wat ur talking about
  • [shadow=red,left]"Cast all your care upon Him for He cares for you" 1 Peter 5:7[/shadow]
    you know when you pray and say like a want sumthing if you got it y do you say God has listened to me and he has given me what i asked of him?

ask urself first, then after that think why when you don't get that thing which you want you interpret it as 'God didn't listen to my prayers, he doesn't love me, he doesn't answer my prayers?' ......................instead of that y not think about why did you want this thing? what do you think u were going to use it for? maybe it was going to be an awful terrible thing in your life.........now u know all rit?

it's NEARLY the same with 'help' we always see with our tiny eye, just if you thought for a sec. how far can you get you'll notice that it's nearly nothing, nothing compared to God's eye which can see everything! in the same time, good and evil, think about the world, the WHOLE WORLD and how YOU are so lucky, so lucky that you know the Lord, you felt his love, you have the HOLY SPIRIT IN YOU, a conscience which get your attention when needed!

[glow=red,2,300]“If God is for us, who can be against us”Ro8:31[/glow]
    how lucky we are talking this very moment about the mighty God it's so great .

think about love, just HOW MUCH love does he give? it's all in his hands!! he gives the needy, he raise the humble in spirit.........................think about faith which you have in your heart, how he supports your life, look at the world from up high and see it's truth, compare it all with what you have in your heart, it's not even worthy spending time thinking about it and not thinking about the Saviour,

“Taste and see that the LORD is good”Ps34:8
    he told us all about walking with him, he said in the world there will be tribulations, but he also said TRUST that he'll deliver us safe & sound from anything

and the verse says:
    [glow=red,2,300]"in the world you will have tribulations
    But be of good cheer
    For i have overcome the world"[/glow]
    John16:33

see? so we can't say that God has deserted us but it's a temptation and he knows how much we can bear and he WON'T leave us he's always there, sometimes you just don't pray from all your heart, we need STRONG faith which you can get by asking him if you trust you'll get what you want “In all things God work for the good of those who love him”Ro8:28

...and a blessed brother has sent me once this :

Peace and grace of the Lord God be with you always, in what ever you do. L.I.F.E
    L := Love the Lord God With All your Heart
    I := In the Hands of God
    F := Forever yours My Lord God
    E := Echo of the Holy Spirit inside the humans heart.

And the last thing i can say is:

[glow=red,2,300]"For in the time of trouble he will hide me in his pavilion; in the secret place of his tabernacle he shall hide me; he shall set me high upon a rock"
    psalm 27:6[/glow]

Rejoice and be of good cheer and accept it :)

please remember my weakness in your prayers
    thnx
  • God helps you every single day. It is enough that he passes the day in peace and brings the night, and passes the night in peace and brings the day. It is enough that you are still in good health, have a roof over your head and food in your stomach. There are people out there that can't find a piece of bread to eat, and live on the streets. There are many things God does that we do not realize. Another reason God does not answer our every request right away is patience. He wants you to be patient, it is a virtue you must accquire. It also may not benefit you. You may think it will, but unlike God, you cannot see into the future and know what is best for you and everyone else.

actually when you think that He doesn't answer, it's YOUR fault, because refusing to do what you asked of him is actually an answer!!!
    he's telling you that i know what is useful for you and what is not and therefore i know that this thing that you want is gonna take you away from me so i don't want to give it to you (MAYBE just now... but later on i'll give you it because you'll be wiser and it won't be able to harm you anymore! but you're gonna benefit from it.He only wants: "just trust my son"

:)

GBU all!
  • Nice guy , I will post something that I think might help you....soon.

God bless.
  • God always helps, if He didnt help, we wouldnt be here, alive today. He helps in every moment and every second of our lives; it is His hidden hand that is behind everything in our lives. God always listens to our prayers, we are His children, whom He loves so much, if He is not listening to the prayers of the very people whom He created, who would He be listening to???

But we have to remember that everything happens for a reason; even though at times it might be difficult for our limited minds to comprehend the reasons. God has perfect timing for everything, and He tells us that there is a season ans a time for every purpose under heaven (Ecclesiates). It is through His great wisdom that He grants us our wishes at the time that He sees is best for us, not the time when we think is best for us. Because only God knows what is best for us. Just leave your life in His hands and He will take care of you
  • Very nice picture and comment