Protestant Reformation

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Since the Protestant Reformation began, I think there has been too many people who are overanalyzing the Bible and they are all attempting to preach to the world about their beliefs. In cases such as these, how do we know which reformers to believe and which have a complete misunderstanding of the Bible?

Comments

• The Reformed Protestant church is not an Apostolic Church, she had cut the umbilical cord that connected her to the teaching of the early Church’ Fathers, the Patrology. That is why we have now 20,000 Protestant denominations, each one with her own teaching.

If we, as true Orthodox believers, want to understand the meaning of a passage from the Holy Bible, it is wise and prudent to know what the early Church’ fathers had written about that.

• RaviZacharias, i understand exactly what you are saying about protestants overanalyzing the bible and in some cases even criticising. My advice on how to know which protestants to beleive would be to read and learn as much as you can on the orthodox theachings and from the fathers of the church, there are many of their commentaries and sermons available. I think that the more we learn truth from these wise and holy fathers, the more we will be able to distinguish between which protestant writters to read from and what we should take in as well as what we should ignore.
    God bless