Hi all

Hi all,

This is my first week in this forum, I am enjoyin every min and it already feels like home. After a week of checking the site, reading posts and posting few of my own, I asked myself if this the right place for me?

I have question and I am not sure whom should I ask these questions to and if they are appropriate or not?

For example: I wounder what is the age average of people around here because this has a great impact on the type of posts I should be posting, my replies, etc..

I am 25

Comments

• the age range here varies greatly, some of us are 13 while others are in their late twenties...

and feel free to ask anything....
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=6;threadid=2689;start=0#msg41511 date=1130806622]
    the age range here varies greatly, some of us are 13 while others are in their late twenties...

and feel free to ask anything....

I agree with Christ4Life 100% with every word she said! Welcome anyways! Hope you enjoy your time here! Hope to hear from you soon.

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • welcome to the site :)

ask all you want but i wish ppl will have answers

yea yea always they do they r open 24hrs......lol jk :D
  • Hi all,
    I wounder if this forum is under the supervision of clergy?
  • Unfortunately, no. But we do have some amazing members, and a moderator that has had an answer for every question as far as I remember...

any other questions?

Welcome, sry i forgot to do that be4....lol
  • welcome and i luv ur username nyways..i think the people here starts from age 10 and above i don't think there is anyone under 10 but its open up to 120 years old teenagers...lol!!!
    if u have ny questons go ahead and ask and i am pretty sure u will find atleast 100000 people answer ur question!!!
    GBU
    pray for me!
  • lol, yea we get lots of people n then you hardly see them on again...

so heres big nice welcome for you...

Welcome, welcome, welcome, welcomeeeee! lol....

n feel free to ask any other questions...
  • yer welcome.....btw i didnt get a big welsome like that :'( :'( but doesnt matter i still hung in n still sent posts!!
  • Hi all,
    You guys are awesome. Thanks Christ4Life, sandrahanna, mnc_hnn, Coptic Servent, MarMar91, and why. I wanna let you know I feel home. I became addicted to this forum and I check it every 10 mins if I am near to a computer.

Thanks for your big warm welcome. May be the reason I feel like that is because I regret every min I spent away from Jesus and the Church. Since I moved to the United Sates (4years ago) I haven't been to the Church more than 4 or 5 times at the most. Back in Egypt I literally used to live in the Church, lots and lots of memories and activities. What hurts is when someone asks me what is my Church and I have no answer, which really hurts me.

I believe because I got busy to adapt to a new country and a whole new culture. May be because I did not have that warm welcome, which you guys showed, in the Churches that I have been to.

Now after 4 years I felt satisfied with what I have accomplished, then I sat back and thought to myself, what is next? Ohh yeah I have to do good in school and graduate with honors and buy house and car and ........etc. Then what? "For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" (Mathew 16:26). This versus was echoing my mind. :'(

So right now I wanna make up every min I was away from my heavenly fathers, reading Bible, listening to hymens and fighting against the sinful habits I acquired away from Jesus, I pray O lord I don’t deserve to be called your son just take as I servant. Unfortunately I don’t have access to a church and I have no idea where is the nearest Church to me. I am eager to confession and communion.

Again thank you all brothers and sisters for the warm welcome, love to all of you, pray for me.
  • awww, wow, in four years you only got to go to church 4-5 times?

where do you live, maybe there is a church in a nearby state that you could go to once a month or something...

awww, you have my prayers...
  • Well sorry to hear that, but again welcome! Also this site has some really great features such as live broadcasts fo the liturgy that u can atleast listen to until u can actually make it to church and take communion, like marmar said about 1nce a month. Btw another great feature is that you can locate a church near you here:
    http://www.copticchurch.net/topics/directory/index.html

hope this helps
    -Pete
  • [quote author=why link=board=6;threadid=2689;start=0#msg41642 date=1130907880]
    yer welcome.....btw i didnt get a big welsome like that :'( :'( but doesnt matter i still hung in n still sent posts!!

omg...welcome..welcome...welcome..
    GBU
  • Hey,
    Please no questions about my icon! I have no idea what is that red scratch in a yellow background. It is the only icon I found online 75x75. lol
  • lol...I think ur icon is a book about the incarnation...it kinda look similar...anyway...welcome...great to have u here and share ur great posts with us...about where u don't know what is the nearby church...there is a website that you could just write ur zip code and it tells u where is the nearby church..and here is the site
    http://mycopticchurch.com/..that option is on the right...hope u can find a church u can belong to..and again welcome :)

yer welcome.....btw i didnt get a big welsome like that but doesnt matter i still hung in n still sent posts!!

Welcome why...sorry for not welcoming u...ur posts are great btw :)
  • [quote author=Marianne87 link=board=6;threadid=2689;start=15#msg42149 date=1131377354]
    lol...I think ur icon is a book about the incarnation...it kinda look similar...anyway...welcome...great to have u here and share ur great posts with us...about where u don't know what is the nearby church...there is a website that you could just write ur zip code and it tells u where is the nearby church..and here is the site
    http://mycopticchurch.com/..that option is on the right...hope u can find a church u can belong to..and again welcome :)

yer welcome.....btw i didnt get a big welsome like that but doesnt matter i still hung in n still sent posts!!

Welcome why...sorry for not welcoming u...ur posts are great btw :)

Why, I don't think you made a thread in this topic (Introductions) if you did, we would have welcomed you as a big welcome! Well, WELCOME anyways!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Yes..... I got it ;D
    Finally I have St Athanasius as my icon
  • Hi all,
    What you think of my equation?
  • yea got what u mean :)

nice 1 btw
  • [quote author=mnc_hnn link=board=6;threadid=2689;start=15#msg42221 date=1131477141]
    nice 1 btw

Thanks mnc_hnn
  • ohhh thats so nice...
  • Did you guys hear about the miracle that happened to Farida El-Zomor, Muslim Egyptian Celeb?
    It really touched me.
  • The grand son of Farida - around 12 years old - had a tumor in his brain. He was in terminal stage, and was sent to his house...The family expected his death at any hour, until a Christian friend of the family told his grand mother (Farida El Zomor) that the fast of St. Mary just started, and urged them to ask her to heal the son and she gave them a picture of her appiration on the
    domes of her church in Asuit.
    In last hopeless move, they put the picture under the head of the sick young man and went to bed.

The grandmother and the mother woke up in astonishment to find a Lady touching the head of the sick person, they also found a monk in a black rope speaking to them saying "if you like your son to be healed, let Virgin Mary perform the operation".

St. Mary start to operate on the head of the dying person, she used what it looked like surgical instruments. At the end St. Mary told the grandmother to go to her monastery in Asuit.
    In the morning, not sure what it happened, they found a big blood spot on the pillow under his head, but there is no sign of any operation on the head.

The dying son, woke up and start to walk as if he was never sick.All the x-rays and tests was done on him to assure that this person does not have cancer of any kind. All the extended family of the healed person went to Asuit as St. Mary said. At the 'zaffah' while they go around with the cross and the picture of St. Mary, Farida saw Anba Mikhaeel, and started to shout "that is him", "that is the same monk that was with St. Mary"

Anba Mikhaell, tried to deny at the beginning, but finally he gave up and took the family to his residency in the monastery and talk to them in fatherly manner saying that I did not do anything, St. Mary did the whole thing.

In Christ.
  • Do you know when was that? Is it 1999?
  • [quote author=AthanasiusTheApostolic link=board=6;threadid=2689;start=15#msg42207 date=1131461327]
    Hi all,
    What you think of my equation?

yer thanks for ur welcomes...pray 4 me i got an exam tomorrow...n ive been on the net for ages!!

n athanasious...i love that equation....i was thinking about it the other day....thats a better example than the sun...(light, heat n the actuall sun) if any1 heard of that before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • You are in my prayers. Speaking of prayers I have an idea. We should have a thread for who ever need prayers. Every week we all pray for those who asked for pray. For example, "why" need us to pray for her test, she go to this thread post her name and state that she need prayer for a test. So we all pray for her all week. Praying is powerful and we should take advantage of that. Should I post this idea on a separate thread?
  • I have a question for you AthanasiusTheApostolic how did you make your icon, I really want to make new icons but it won't let me. Please and Thank you!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • [quote author=AthanasiusTheApostolic link=board=6;threadid=2689;start=15#msg42617 date=1132114035]
    Do you know when was that? Is it 1999?

1999 eh?? That was this year, on St. Mary's feast. It was August 2005!