Favorite Song and meaning

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
What is your favorite song, and what verse or part do you appreciate or like the most?

God Bless,
Coptic Servent

Comments

• My favorite spiritual song is by "Vivian el Sudania" and its called "Youm el goma' el hazina". As you can tell from the title, it talks about the Good Friday, but it portrays it in a way that makes me cry... Another one of my favorites is "Lahzet Da'ef". All of her songs are really beautiful ... If you want the link to the second one I have it...
  • I never heard of those songs before, but as they say "you learn something new everyday" Thanks for sharing Christ4Life!
  • Come on people, contribute!
    I know tons of people on this site listen to hymns, so don't be shy... ;)
  • i really like "kayf ansa"/ "how could i forget the one who died for me" because it shows how much God did for us, but a lot of times we forget about all what He has done for us, and just keep hurting Him more by our sins

and I like the song " mabtinsash" meaning "He doesnt ever forget us", because it shows you that even though we may forget God sometimes, yet we are so precious to Him, and He promises us that "I will never forget thee nor forsake thee" Hebrews 13:5, and that if a mother forgets her child He will not forget us, because God never forgets those who depend and rely on Him. :)
  • Oooo, I LOVE mabtinsash, its soo beautiful....

I think I know Kayfa Ansa, do you have the audio for it?
  • http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Songs/English/Into_Your_Arms.html

8th song down

thats the english version

arabic version

http://www.saintmina-holmdel.org/Multimedia/index.php

go to the blue tab SPIRITUAL SONGS
    then THE BETTER LIFE
    2nd column, 3rd song down

i love the music for mabtinsash its beautiful

• Yup, thats the one... its sooo beautiful, I love it... :D
  • Oh and the whole tape of "Mali Sewak" is really beautiful....
  • thank you so much for the people who contributed, and thank you so much Christ4Life for helping me getting more people to contribute!

Come on, please everyone let's start this, can I have more people to contribute, please and thank you!
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=2;threadid=2525;start=0#msg39391 date=1127681108]
    My favorite spiritual song is by "Vivian el Sudania" and its called "Youm el goma' el hazina". As you can tell from the title, it talks about the Good Friday, but it portrays it in a way that makes me cry... Another one of my favorites is "Lahzet Da'ef". All of her songs are really beautiful ... If you want the link to the second one I have it...

well...vivian el sodania is awsome...i have a tap for her called"lahzat da3f"
    but the thing that i know that she is not coptic orthodox!
  • I dont know if she's Orthodox or not, sorry.
  • i can only imagine is my favorite... i love the refrain and the tune.. the words are so nice :)
  • "lama kan el dam beyenzel
    wenti wa3fa ya hanoun...."

fill in the rest, cant find it, been searching everywhere
    but it is the best, and it touches a chord in everyone, i think
  • i've never heard of the past two songs...
  • Christ4Life
    the former is quite recent
    and the later is quite old
    perhaps you're in the midrange?
    hehehe
  • lol...

does anyone have a link to i can only imagine, i would like to hear it...
  • lol, princessmary i dont think a hymns library would know as many hymns as you do! thanks...

a another really nice song is ana jai wa masnoud ala wa'dak... it just gives me so much hope...
  • aw that was really nice does anyone know if i can download it?
  • This is my personal favorite, my Father of Confession sings it so well:

The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want
    Come to Him all who labor and He will give You rest

Whenever I am weary You wipe away my tears
    Whenever I am anxious You calm all my fears

Whenever I am restless You listen and care
    On the Cross You died and my sins You did bare

Whenever I am homeless You open Your door
    In a strange country No one can care more

Whenever I am hungry You give me Your food
    Whenever I am Thirsty You give me Your blood

Whenever I am scorned at You stretch out Your hand
    Whenever I am happy by my side You stand
  • thats cool...but where can i listen to it?
    GBU
  • vivian el sodania

she's sssooooo good.. i have her tape.. she sounds AMAZING!!

C.A.P.
  • which one? but they are all truly beautiful
  • [quote author=StVictor link=board=2;threadid=2525;start=15#msg41914 date=1131140704]
    This is my personal favorite, my Father of Confession sings it so well:

The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want
    Come to Him all who labor and He will give You rest

Whenever I am weary You wipe away my tears
    Whenever I am anxious You calm all my fears

Whenever I am restless You listen and care
    On the Cross You died and my sins You did bare

Whenever I am homeless You open Your door
    In a strange country No one can care more

Whenever I am hungry You give me Your food
    Whenever I am Thirsty You give me Your blood

Whenever I am scorned at You stretch out Your hand
    Whenever I am happy by my side You stand

this one!!
  • oh sorry sandrahanna if you thought i was referring to you i meant C.A.P.
  • christ4life: do you have Viv el sodania's website or what link were u talking about?

I think all the tarateel you guys have are sooo amazing. My favorite song is called fawk al salib. I love that one so much...it pretty much talks about all the pain and suffering that Christ had to endure for us.
  • [quote author=C.A.P. link=board=2;threadid=2525;start=15#msg41940 date=1131156898]

vivian el sodania

she's sssooooo good.. i have her tape.. she sounds AMAZING!!

C.A.P.

Christ4Life I think this may help!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • nooo, you dont understand, i was talking to C.A.P. but sandrahanna thought i was talking to her...

you can get some vivian's songs at islameyat.com, i tried to do a direct link but it wont work, but you can also get them here... http://www.haya.org/vivian.htm...
  • "Ha Kad A3yat Fi Nafsy" ("Heary My Cry" in Arabic)..Satir Mikhail is the mannn. Favorite verse would be hard to pick..all of it is greatness. If I had to pick though, it'd be gazat min fawky il tayarat wa a3`rakatnee al deekat..wa ka2anaka rafadtanee..washtahit nafsy ta3ziyat. It's kind of difficult to understand if you're not too good with the arabic lingo.
  • which one? but they are all truly beautiful

i dont know them by name but i heard it.. i have it.. i cant read arabic dats da thing loll :-[

C.A.P.