Anba Sarabamoun & St. Mina

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Hey All,

i pray that this post finds everyone in good health.

i was wondering if anyone can help me out....

Has anyone seen the movie of the life of Anba Sarabamoun? (if you haven't, i suggest you do, its wonderful)... anyways, in the movie they sing a song about him, and its absolutely wonderful.... (the song is sang as he's walking in the desert on his way to the monastary)
does anyone know what the song is called or where i can find it? i would really love to listen to the song.

As well, in the movie of the life of St. Mina the wonder-worker, they sing a wonderful song when he is in the desert....... anyone know what that song is called, or where i can find it?

If anyone can help me out in either one or both of these questions, i would much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Take Care & God bless your efforts

Comments

• usually these songs are just made for the movie... so it would hard to find these song on tapes or anything... so go and listen to it off the movie... write the words down... record it... with your voice... and listen to it where ever you... wa eb'y send me a copy... lol..
  • haha socoolbishoy... that's an idea, but too much effort to do all that, plus i will ruin the song by singing it.
    i know that the songs are usually for the videos, but i think they can be found on the net somewhere. i just havent found out where yet.

hopefully someone will know!

thanks for the response though

take care and God bless
  • ya i like that song too lol
    some songs arent made for the movies though, like "matensaash" in the movie of Muqattam. Nywyaz, if u find the song let me know, like to have it as well ;D
  • hey, is that movie online somewhere?
  • i really like that song too so if anyone finds it i would be really greatful? thanks...
  • Hey all,

If anyone knows the name of the song(s), or maybe a tape/cd that it could be on, plz let me know...
    i'd be willing to buy the tape/cd that has the song, if anyone knows where i can find it!

Yes, as you can tell, i'm really trying to get ahold of this song in any way i can....

Thanks again,

Take care and God bless
  • oh you made me want 2 see it more!!!!
  • Oh yeah for sure, I reccomened for EVERYONE to see the moive of the life of Anba Sarabamoun.... it's awesome!

The one i saw was in arabic, but it had english subtitles, so if you don't understand arabic very well, have no fear! You can still see it and learn from it!
    (i sound like an ad... lol)

Ever since i saw the movie, i've been asking for Anba Sarabamoun's intersessions... cuz he's just awesome (as are all the other saints ;D )

So plz ppl, let me know if anyone has info about the song :)

take care and God bless
  • Abba Serapamon <copticchurch.net>
    (the veiled bishop)

Under the regime of the Turkish ruler Mohammed Ali, and the reign of Pope Butros Al-Gawly (Pope 109), there lived a holy bishop called Abba Serapamon.

At birth he was called Salib ( cross). He was born in one of the villages in the Nile delta. His parents were devout Christians. When he was about eighteen, Salib moved to Cairo to earn his living. He lived a very poor life selling oil on a cart pulled by a donkey.

One day some evil women accused him of murdering a young man whom they had killed in the market. At the police station, he lifted up his heart to God an with tears in his eyes he asked for help of Saint Mary. Then, he looked at the slain person and asked him to inform the judge about the killers. The dead man rose yp and told the judge about the murderesses. Then Salib told the corpse to lie down again, and wait for the Day of Judgment. The judge was astonished and set Salib free.

In order not to be praised for this miracle, Salib left the court and went immediately to St. Anthony’s monastery, where he was later ordained a monk. Then he was chosen as bishop of Menofiah by Pope Butros Al-Gawly, and his name was changed to Abba Serapamon. He lived a very simple life, not paying attention to the riches of the world. He learned how to suppress his desires and eat the minimum food once every three days. Once he was heard praying and saying to himself, “ Is it true that you perform miracles now, Salib ? Don’t forget that you are a sinner and the worst man among sinners. How then can you heal the sick and cast away demons ? This is the power of God in you ! Indeed this is the power of God !”

One night, Abba Serapamon went out in the narrow alleys of old Cairo, carrying a heavy basket. He had covered his face in hope no one would recognize him. A priest saw him and followed him to see what he was doing in that neighborhood. The bishop was very tired and the basket looked very heavy. He stopped at one of the doors, knocked once, and left the basket on the doorstep before the door was open. Then the priest went to talk to him but the bishop made him promise not to tell anybody.

Once a priest called Father Mansour who had lost already three daughters one after the other shortly after birth, came to see Abba Serapamon. The bishop asked him if he had any children so he told him that he had a baby girl. The bishop said that that girl was not very important. Shortly afterm the girl died. The next year, the priest’s wife gave birth to another girl. When the bishop saw the priest, he asked him if he had any children. The priest refused to answer. He said, “ Last time I told you, my daughter died.” The bishop was very sympathetic. He took the priest by the hand and went to the alter, looked up to heaven and said, “ My Lord Jesus, give two sons to Father Mansour, and let them live.” The priest’s daughter lived and he had two more sons who lived to tell their story to everyone.

One day, while the bishop was praying the Liturgy of the Eucharist, he cried, “ Oh Mother of the Light, please help !” Then he asked a person who was near him to go immediately to the well in the church’s backyard. When the man went there, he found a child called Michael who had fallen in the well while he was praying. He threw a rope to the child, and pulled him out of the well. Everyone was astonished to see the child without a scratch, and his clothes were not even wet. The child told them that after he fell down in the well, he found a woman sitting on a throne and floating on the water. She held him very gently in her arms, until the rope was thrown to him.

Once a highway man met him while he was travelling. The thief lifted up his hand to strike the bishop with a metal rod. Abba Serapamon said to him,” You lifted up your arm against me, and now it will remain like that.” The bishop continued his trip, and when he returned, he saw that the thief was standing in the same place crying from the pain that was caused by having to lift up his arm all that time. Then the bishop said,” How great is your sin, Salib !” He turned to thief and said, “ May God bless you, my son.” The thief was immediately released, and was able to bring his arm down. He followed Abba Serapamon all his life as a faithful servant.

Abba Serapamon lived a long life until the reign of Pope Cyril IV. He was buried in the old patriarchate along with the other popes. May the prayers and blessing of this great saint be with us. Amen
  • They should make saint movie soundtrack ive had this problem a million times
  • some evil women accused him of murdering a young man whom they had killed in the market

hmm. now i remember i've seen the movie but i can't remember the song.

actually the woman said that he murdered the baby which is HIS son from her!
  • nope, she said he had stepped on her son with his donkey, i saw the movie and i remember it clearly...
  • "mabtinsash" is on this site about the 30th song down, on the right hand side
    [flash=200,200]http://www.copticchurch.org/the_good_shephered_choir.htm[/flash]

i cant remember the songs in the movie of mar mina or anba sarabamoun, do u at least know the title or some words from them, i could try to find them or see if i know them ...if u remember anything from them

i have the song in st marina's film in arabic "hayth kadinee aseer" (english" where he leads me i will follow"),
    and the song in st abu sefein marcorious's film "marcorius" if u want those
  • is it that 1 u all were lookin 4?

wow i already have it on my pc it's wonderful wooow!!!
  • Hey PrincessMary,

Yeah, for sure i'd want those songs.... o man, those songs are just BEAUTIFUL!

Wow- that is one great site you've just introduced me too! It's awesome!

Ehhh... i can't exactly remember the words to the song in the movie of Anba Sarabamoun.... it says somthing like 'eshta2t te3eesh waya, we toskon fe beito' (you desired to live with Him and live in His house).... i'm not sure how useful that's going to be, but its ok....

Thanks for your help ;D

Take Care & God Bless
  • ok this is the song for st abu sefein/marcorious, its uploaded here
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y23HDOFZ

sorry i dont know the anba sarabmoun song, but if if u give me a week or so, ill borrow the video from the church library, and record it off the tape, and then give u a link to it
  • ohhh i know this song from stmina's holmdel thingy it's amazing
  • Oh wow PrincessMary... you're an angel!

GREAT songggg

Thanks alotttttttttttt ;D ;D ;D

You don't have to go through all that trouble - i really appreciate your efforts though :D

Take Care and God Bless
  • u r welcome :)
    hey i know u didnt ask for this, but i thought u might like it also
    this is the song from the film of st Demiana,
    i recorded it off the tape, so its not very good quality, theres some static, but i really like the song
    i'll try to get you the rest of the songs later

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UQMW3VGB
  • Yup yup, you're right!
    i LOVE this song!!! Beautiful stuff........ thanks for sharing it!! ;D

The songs on saint movies are just wonderful.... they need to be available for everyone, just like how you do it! ;)

Take care and God bless!