can someone tell plz?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
ok can you watch that plz and tell me what do you think about that? :

http://www.copts.net/flash/movie4english.html

Comments

• it's nice, but get a better recording of gholghotha
  • That is the truth
    Biboy
  • It makes it seem that the persecution only started 20 years ago. Something that we all know is not true. I think the creator intended to show the recent persecution, but it also makes it seem like this is something new.
  • well, maybe it's new 4 those who think persecution was in the early yrs of christianity? ::)
  • Oh My, what can I say, It's heart-breaking, I hope it stops with all my heart, If we believe we can live for our Lord, it will be out gift from God, It's so sad, how would anybody do that? don't they have any dignity, that is so (shiver), God forgive them! :'(

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • "blessed be Egypt my people." Isiah 19:25

:'(
  • I still dont get why the thread... if you wanna talk about the persecution... then talk about it... but dont ask what we think of the little clip.
  • i got that picture in an e-mail...and i cried so hard i couldn't handle the pic!!
    i will try to get the pic if i can!!
  • PEOPLE:

This is a first-hand account from someone in Egypt.....

All of this is absolute NONESENSE....you don;t believe me, see what the Pope has to say about this...or will he lie too? ;D

We here in Egypt are in one of our better days....much better days...as a matter of fact, little in the church's history have we been in a better position.

About some of the villages being razed...that's true in PART...and the authorities have acted in accordance...true, we could've hoped for better, and the church officials have expressed that to the country's officials, but on the whole it's MUUUUUUUCH better than most copts in the west would want to believe...

But about certain people being "I don't know what happened to them" slain or so forth...let me make something clear...THESE PEOPLE WENT TO THE PROBLEM ON THEIR OWN TWO LEGS...meaning most were trying to convert out of "love" of the other non-Christian side, and tried to turn back when they got scared or understood their wrongs, and thus were killed (loosely according to Islamic Law and Shariia).

I want to make something clear...when asking about Egypt, ask people who are THERE, not some adrenaline-crazed group who inflates everything out of propotions...please people....for our sake here in Egypt...for your sake out there...please...be more critical of any info you take....

In HIS Name,

RFZ
  • calm down? wat ? i only found that really hard i don't get wat u want to say?
  • All I want to say is do not react in that way to a bunch of lies (mainly) and overreactions...

RFZ
  • You guys,
    Please don't criticize anything that is yours, and please Iqbal some help please?

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • I am saying this because I live in Egypt and I know what I am saying...it's not "is this mine or not"...I am in the center of the events you guys are talking about, and mainly it's blown out of propotions....simple!

In HIS Name,

RFZ
  • Calm down everyone.

Everyone has his or her own opinion and if what hier opinion is based uon is wrong, then we should tell them, otherwise it's their own free will. Don't bother Iqbal everytime anyone diagrees with something

Peace

Bib
  • i'm sorry, really sorry. forgive me!!

i don't know????
    and i don't want to know i think this is enough we r only talking? so sorry if i did nethin stupid :'(
  • Dear mnc_hnn,
    I would just want to say one thing just like socoolbishoy said if you want to talk about persectution talk about, I would like to know people's opinions about persection and about this topic!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • My dearest brothers and sisters,

Read the above posts...what I wrote...it's not my opinion only....it's also the Pope's (I naturally took it from him of course).

Be assured that God protects His church wherever it is....Amen...

In HIS Name,

RFZ
  • Dear rf_zachari,
    Did you reword it, and rephrase it?
    Because if you didn't when you said it was the Pope's that would kinda be plagerizing!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • I did paraphrase it from the Pope's many lectures on this topic, and from a memo he sent to his children abroad about this topic...and if I unintentionally plaigarized, sorry ;D

In HIS Name,

RFZ
  • i just want to add something here,

if its true what you say that all these persecutions have stopped and all is going well. then why do we have these websites???
    http://www.copts.net/index.asp
    http://www.human-rights-and-christian-persecution.org/index.html

you cant honsetly tell me that these 'coptic' websites, which are approved by the pope are wrong and that the rape of coptic women dont occur and perseution doesnt occur??

total nonsence- it is still occuring even this very second

no effence rf_zachari but if u want to tell me that 'all is well' and because u live in egypt and say that u know that none of this is happening- where have u been living??

it just hurts me to hear people say- oh its not true. i have so many relatives and their friends in egypt who have personally told me of their stories and i can assure u that nothing has gotten better, as a matter of fact its goten worse! :'( :'( :'(

the pope only says such thing to try and not to make people concerned and anxious than what they already are. imagine him saying: "by the way my sons and daughters, be careful of muslim men who rape your daughters. they are everywhere! dont ever walk down the street by yourself, you might be abducted and persecuted" think about it - with his wisdom he knows the best things to say

sorry if i sound harsh but i am extremely passionate about things like this
    sorry again
    your sister in christ
    marina
  • c? i wasn't wrong then was i? :'(
  • hello. GOD calls HIS own to HIM; through marriage, through many ways....one vision from childhood, one desire...brought into Reality,(at last) through marriage!! Praise u Immanuel!! anyway, how is the situation that you are describing any different from an individual who is BORN into coptic orthodox--that is not by that individual's choice, mish kaddeh? Fahhem? if not, please ask. GOD loves u, jeannie :)
  • Fahhem?

fahma lo sama7ty? :)

nyway don't get wat u mean?!?!?!
  • i m v sorry, i m not good w computers...u r replying to my reply to the person who ask that question? or , maybe i dont know HOW to reply to someone's posted question....? :-\ :-[ ??? :'(
  • it's alright i'm only jkin!! ;D
  • Marina:

The Pope does not tell lies to his children and is not afraid of anyone but God (remember Sadat's era?), and has on numerous occasions warned us of types of renegade people...

The sites you listed are NOT officially affiliated in any way with the Coptic Orthodox church...these are private web sites, so they can write whatever they want...

Oh by the way...I'm over HERE in Egypt, and you NOT...:D meaning when I say that we're in a much better relative state, then that's true...not because I'm infallible but because if otherwise, then the church would simply have announced that to the world!

Marina...they media in the west is very very biased, and may (actually will) take a very small renegade event and blow it completly out of propotions...COMPLETLY...that's not to say everything is dandy...but it's not to the severity some Copts in the west think...

Once again, all is not pink, but all is definetly not bad...besides, any girl thinking about loving a muslim boy has it coming to her...she went into this hell with her good two legs! Tat's not to say the church will abandon her, but nevertheless cannt be accounted for if anything happens to her! But outright harrassment and/or rape of course is intolerable and is swiftly delt with judicially....

Just pray for the church here, and remember, God takes care of HIS church more than any of us ever will....

P.S.: Some Coptic Egyptians in Egypt are very skilled at spreading baseless rumors and maybe even lies, and over here in Egypt, even generally (not only Christians) when a piece of news is spread round, it is mutilated and disfigured so much so that the original piece of information is lost....do NOT trust any news coming in from Egypt until you've thouroughly investigated it.

In HIS Name,

RFZ
  • well, when i know somethin about it i think it's true? and neway i'm blockin that