predestination!

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
hey guys...

i was wondering if we believe in predestination(a person who is choosen by god before his birth)?and the thing that made me ask that question is my sunday school teacher told me that we don't...but how about saints like saint mina!
and i know that all christians r choosen to be christians but the thing is how come we don't believe in it??? ??? ???

GBU :D
ur sister sandra! ;)

Comments

• well sandra...i think that we do believe in it...because how do god chose saints?
    micheal
  • Dear Sandra,

In response to your question regarding predestination, no one is predestined. Not even the saints. We as humans and most of all Christians are all called to be in the image of God and to present that light to the people around us so that they may come to the true light which is Jesus Christ our Lord. Basically that is what the saints have done. Becoming a saint is not part of ones being, but rather something that someone has achieved through hard work and detemination in fighting the snares of the evil one and calling upon God for help. God loves us so much that He gave us the freedom of choice which leads to the stand against predestination. You should take Saint Mina as an example to follow and pray to God that you may become like him. It is not impossible for us to have saints in this generation, but it sure does take alot to determination and prayer in order to get that close to God. Well I am sorry I couldn't write more on this topic as I am very busy nowadays and I really need all of your prayers.

Yours in Christ:
    Avvaantoni
  • [quote author=AvvaAntoni link=board=13;threadid=2501;start=0#msg38983 date=1127149525]
    Dear Sandra,

In response to your question regarding predestination, no one is predestined. Not even the saints. We as humans and most of all Christians are all called to be in the image of God and to present that light to the people around us so that they may come to the true light which is Jesus Christ our Lord. Basically that is what the saints have done. Becoming a saint is not part of ones being, but rather something that someone has achieved through hard work and detemination in fighting the snares of the evil one and calling upon God for help. God loves us so much that He gave us the freedom of choice which leads to the stand against predestination. You should take Saint Mina as an example to follow and pray to God that you may become like him. It is not impossible for us to have saints in this generation, but it sure does take alot to determination and prayer in order to get that close to God. Well I am sorry I couldn't write more on this topic as I am very busy nowadays and I really need all of your prayers.

Yours in Christ:
    Avvaantoni

That is great Avvaantoni...I would have to say something to add to that statement...that being a saint is hard work...we all have our own lives...and people have there own lives to deal with...everyones life is different some way or another...and being a saint like I said is hard work...they devoted there life entirly to our Lord...we can all do our role into being a child of God!
  • Hey Sandra, if you would like there are very good responses by several people from this site regarding the question about predestination in the following link:
    http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=1175;start=msg20122#msg20122

In Christ:
    Avvaantoni
  • great responses guys ;D
    we believe that god knows where we will end up because he knows everything BUT we also believe that him knowing wats gonna happen doesnt change the fact that we had the free will to make our decisions in the first place
    hope it helped
    correct me if i messed up
    TAIO

wait my bad i just realized that wat i said was in AvvaAntoni 's link oops
  • [quote author=EpNomos EnTaio link=board=13;threadid=2501;start=0#msg39028 date=1127191881]
    great responses guys ;D
    we believe that god knows where we will end up because he knows everything BUT we also believe that him knowing wats gonna happen doesnt change the fact that we had the free will to make our decisions in the first place
    hope it helped
    correct me if i messed up
    TAIO

wait my bad i just realized that wat i said was in AvvaAntoni 's link oops

well...i didn't get your point...what r u trying to say?
  • he is saying god knows everything and anything that will ever happen. but that doesnt mean that god interferes (not that im saying he cant) with our actions. we can still do as we want, but Christ already knows what we're going to do.
  • so...by that point we can conclude that we don't believe in that? :-X
  • Yes, the Coptic Orthodox Church does NOT believe in predestination, this is a belief of the Protestant Church.
  • well..thanks christ4life!
    and thanks everyone who helped and replyied to this topic!