Coptic Year

Just wishing everyone a happy new coptic year, and may God bless all of you. keep me in your prayers. :)

Comments

• HAPPY NEW YEARR! ;D
  • HAPPY COPTIC NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

Ok now I wanna know, how come every1 knows about the chinese new year, but nobody knows about the coptic one?
  • omg its new yr i thought that was lke umm on december omg and ya like seriously every one know of the chinesse peoples new yr how come the coptic one is not known as well
    ??? ::)
  • Happy Coptic New Year (Nayrouz) everyone,

[quote author=Christ4Life link=board=4;threadid=2455;start=0#msg38314 date=1126411297]
    Ok now I wanna know, how come every1 knows about the chinese new year, but nobody knows about the coptic one?

lol Start spreading the word then ;)

Everyone on this website goes to school, or work to say the least and so when a person asks, "how was your weekend" or "what did u get up too"??? Then take that opportunity to tell them about the Coptic New Year and all the activities that were going on in your church.

On a different note, I’ve noticed that many people write "omg" on this website which translates too "oh my God." That is using Gods name in vain which is a sin, now I know many people do it unintentionally but it’s a bad habit that needs to be fixed as soon as possible. There are many other slogans that can be said instead of "omg."

For example:

-Oh my goodness
    -WOW
    -No way
    -Far out
    -Get out of here
    -You're kidding
    - :o
    -Ludicrous
    -I cannot believe it
    -Impossible
    -Ridiculous
    -etc. etc. etc.

So for the people that like to say “Oh my God” please remember that it’s a sin against God, your Heavenly Father, and my Heavenly Father. Therefore please try to break this habit and use any other slogans that don’t relate to Gods name, unless its for prayer of course. :)

In His Name
  • good point......but happy new coptic new year to everyone!!!! ;)is it 1722 this year are we starting 1722?
    just wodering!and the amazing thing is today at odas abouna didn't even mention that it was 1722 but i can remember that last year it was 1721!!
  • yes its 1722! you can make sure by subtracting 284 (the year of diocleatian's reign) from the coming new year (2006)

TAIO
  • HAPPY COPTIC NEW YEAR!

[coptic]God Bless[/coptic]
  • happy new year all! Anyway im just wondering if anyone knows why we call it nayrouz? Because i know in iran the new year is call nu ruz and i was wondering if there was any connection? Rabana Maak! ;D
  • okay...i think nayrouz is a coptic word...is that rit means like we remember all the saints...what ever i don't know!!
  • y do we eat bellah(dates, i think that is what they are called in english) in the nayrouz?
  • the egyptian balla7 (the red ones) resemble the martyrs
    the red : the blood of the martyrs
    the white inside: the pure souls and hearts of the martyrs who gave their lives for christ.
    the core: the hardness, and unwavering faith they had in christ

but about the gwava i dont know lol
  • i think gawafs have hard seeds too!!i don't know if i am rit!!
  • NOFRI SHAI ;D

kol sana we entom tayebeen every1
  • 2 reasons I like The Coptic New Year:
    1) It's a new beginning
    2) You get to eat ballah

and btw...what do you all think...about Ramadan!
  • [quote author=matt88 link=board=4;threadid=2455;start=0#msg38434 date=1126499757]
    happy new year all! Anyway im just wondering if anyone knows why we call it nayrouz? Because i know in iran the new year is call nu ruz and i was wondering if there was any connection? Rabana Maak! ;D

ya...it's from the farisy language, meaning new day or new year, and we just took it from them, meaning new year.
  • [quote author=EpNomos EnTaio link=board=4;threadid=2455;start=0#msg38506 date=1126584779]
    the egyptian balla7 (the red ones) resemble the martyrs
    the red : the blood of the martyrs
    the white inside: the pure souls and hearts of the martyrs who gave their lives for christ.
    the core: the hardness, and unwavering faith they had in christ

but about the gwava i dont know lol

thank u