GHOSTS

2»

Comments

• baoloukoum aye, we believe in spirit. holy SPIRIT we ARENT catholic no holy ghost stuff. as for seeing saints, that is not a ghost mina. they are appearing to us in soul and spirit. as for haunted house ghosts, ask urself this, do we believe in halloween? and where do we associate ghosts? to halloween mish kida? if u agree than u shouldnt believe in ghosts hope that helped mina nd sandra
    all my love
    always and forever
    Vina
  • thanks Habeebit Ill Masseeh!!
    i think this is easier!!
  • I understand there are alot of teens on these boards, but, how many times does it have to be explained that Holy ghost = Holy Spirit & Holy Spirit = Holy Ghost ?

I think it is childish to keep asking over and over the same question when several people have posted the answer.

Copts and Catholics have BOTH used the term Holy Ghost . I don't see what is the big deal and I think it is offensive to act as if to say Holy Ghost is like an infectious disease or something.

To all those saying ONLY Catholics use the term "Holy Ghost" is ignorant. Just as English or any other language has evolved and we don't speak using " Thee's or Thou's" anymore... so it is the same with Holy Ghost becoming the more Modern English usage of Holy Spirit .

Please stop being so childish and offensive to our Catholic brothers and sisters... saying these things or saying they have a different religion only makes us Copts look stupid.

**And please don't say forgive me or pray for me when I see the same posters saying they are sorry and then writing more of the same stuff...
  • umm, that's not the point. Spirit is synonymous with ghost, whatever. Back to the original question if you please...
  • [quote author=MyrnaMar link=board=1;threadid=2382;start=30#msg39085 date=1127267691]
    I understand there are alot of teens on these boards, but, how many times does it have to be explained that Holy ghost = Holy Spirit & Holy Spirit = Holy Ghost ?

I think it is childish to keep asking over and over the same question when several people have posted the answer.

Copts and Catholics have BOTH used the term Holy Ghost . I don't see what is the big deal and I think it is offensive to act as if to say Holy Ghost is like an infectious disease or something.

To all those saying ONLY Catholics use the term "Holy Ghost" is ignorant. Just as English or any other language has evolved and we don't speak using " Thee's or Thou's" anymore... so it is the same with Holy Ghost becoming the more Modern English usage of Holy Spirit .

Please stop being so childish and offensive to our Catholic brothers and sisters... saying these things or saying they have a different religion only makes us Copts look stupid.

**And please don't say forgive me or pray for me when I see the same posters saying they are sorry and then writing more of the same stuff...

well..i like what u just said but...it is a lttle bit confusing!
  • Today I was at target & I wanted to try on some clothes but a lady was in the dressing room, there was only one room at the end of a very small corridor & I waited right in front of it. A middle aged man in jeans & a track top, came & just opened the door & went in , I didn’t hear any talking or even any movement except the ordinary sounds of changing clothes & hangers falling on the ground , so I thought he must be her husband, otherwise she would have yelled. Anyway a few minutes later the lady came out, I asked isn’t the man with coming out? She replied “what man, im on my own “
    then I went into the dressing room and taped all 4 walls and ensured that there was no hidden exit. What on earth was that all about? Was he a ghost? Do we Copts believe in this kind of ghosts. Someone please please explain